Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Sunday, August 10, 2008  -  1:59 PM Reply with quote
Dealing with Differences

"Islam teaches that wudu is done this way." The man said confidently.

"But you're wrong," the young man replied. "That's totally against the laws of Islam."

"But it says in a hadith that." The older man started saying.

"That's a weak hadith!" The younger man interrupted.

"Oh Yeah! What's your daleel (proof)? I read in a book that the blessed prophet said to..."

By this time both men were fuming. The young man screamed, "I read in a book, too, that..."

http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=YM0808-3629
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Monday, August 11, 2008  -  9:51 PM Reply with quote
Salaam aliukum,

Alhamdulilah. Let us keep in mind points when dealing with differences: the hadith of 'asr and the manners of Islam.

The hadith of 'asr basically says that different opinions can exist and both can be valid. The hadith itself deals with two opinions on when they ought to have prayed 'asr, and Rasool Allahi, peace be upon him, does not point one group out as being incorrect.

The Islamic manners I refer to are those of kindness. Yelling and shouting about the authenticity of a hadith is not Islamic. Again, recall the hadith of a nomad urintating in the masjid. The companions wants to jump him for this injustice - Rasool Allahi, peace be upon him, says "let him finish." Subhan'Allah. Also, recall the notion that we are to make 70 excuses for the mistakes of our brothers and sisters before jumping to some conclusion that they are misguided.

If anything I have said is right it comes from Allah who deserves all praise and if it is wrong or mis-said it comes from me and the shaitan.

salaam aliukum
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, August 22, 2008  -  6:27 PM Reply with quote

All the Salaf (the noble predicessors) called to Islam and to unite upon the Sunnah of Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam)

and they did not declare astray anyone who differs with them (in a certain issue) because of (a different) interpretation (Taweel),

except in matters of Aqeedah because they considered him, who differed in Aqeedah as astray.

Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (rahimahullah) said in Majmoo al-Fatawa (vol. 3, p. 178):

The great man who has a great position in Islam and good accomplishments might fall into certain mistakes that he is excused in, he might also be rewarded.

He should not be followed in that mistakes however, even his position should not fall in the hearts of the believers.

raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, August 24, 2008  -  6:37 AM Reply with quote
I Didn't Kill 'The Jewel of Medina'

There is a long history of anti-Islamic polemic that uses sex and violence to attack the Prophet and his faith. This novel follows in that oft-trodden path, one first pioneered in medieval Christian writings. The novel provides no new reading of Aisha's life, but actually expands upon provocative themes regarding Muhammad's wives first found in an earlier novel by Salman Rushdie, "The Satanic Verses," which I teach. I do not espouse censorship of any kind, but I do value my right to critique those who abuse the past without regard for its richness or resonance in the present.

The combination of sex and violence sells novels. When combined with falsification of the Islamic past, it exploits Americans who know nothing about Aisha or her seventh-century world and counts on stirring up controversy to increase sales. If Ms. Nomani and readers of the Journal wish to allow literature to "move civilization forward," then they should read a novel that gets history right.

Denise A. Spellberg
Assoc. Professor of History and Middle Eastern Studies
University of Texas at Austin

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121824366910026293.html
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, August 24, 2008  -  12:16 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I Didn't Kill 'The Jewel of Medina'

What has that novel to do in this thread on "Dealing with Differences"
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, August 24, 2008  -  12:40 PM Reply with quote
Assalam alaikum,
Its nice talking to you after a long interval.
---
My intention was to show how to deal with external differences .If we dont make unnecessary hue and cry over issues raised by rotten minds we can get supporters among them who can answer better than us.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, August 25, 2008  -  3:51 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalam alaikum,
Its nice talking to you after a long interval.
---
...........My intention was to show how to deal with external differences ............

Wa alaikum assalam w.r.w.b.

I strongly object to your terming works of fiction as "external differences"

The discussion is about differences arising out of varying interpretations of certain legal Rulings within Islam and not about fiction from commercial novels.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker