Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, August 18, 2008  -  8:43 AM Reply with quote
missing fasts 'n probable night of power

Like every year, as Ramadan and Umrah season begins, the no. of calls and emails increase where our worried sisters have Q about their cycle days and what if they missed the fasts or umrah etc.
any bleeding which is out of routine cycle days for you is not classed as the prohibited period so plz carry on with your worshiip after washing 'n wudu.
if you have got an 'implant'or 'mirena'coil fitted or you are on hormonal pills like 'minipill' or injections like'depot' ,again the irregular bleeding/spotting is not stopping you from your worship. plz continue similarly.
you may take medication to stop or delay your routine days but please do not overdo in this regard. i have been receiving calls where sisters are determined to stop/delay things'at any cost' we understand ur passion and tremendous will to get the reward(sisters mash'Allah always ahead of brothers in this 'jazbah' )however we ought to remember that Allah knows our intention and can reward us only on their basis if things go out of hands. we must not put our health at stake at any cost 'coz is not the Divine will, nor of our beloved family members' who need us around more during these days and would be a pity if we got ill because of side effects of some drugs we took un-necessarily. whatever medicine you wish to take, do discuss with ur doctor in time who knows your health and any other problems you have.

if you are missing the last ten nights or some, you can still do lots of dhikr/zikr and recite as much Qur'an as you wish.

if the loss was so irrepairable, why wud we be allowed to fast in other days. wen we fast and worship in other days /nights for the ones we missed, Allah has the power to reward us equal to those who did these acts during the actual days, or perhaps more depending on our sincerity and intentions-so cheer up and concentrate on preparing for the blessed month ahead alhamdulillah
and dont forget to do some preps for eid beforehand so that we don't have to waste time during the last precious ashrah.

Ramadan Kareem !
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 13, 2008  -  7:50 AM Reply with quote
Following Q was recvd on phone. Am pasting here for other sisters' information in similar situation.

Q: I am leaving for Umrah and took some medicine(Provera 5 mg daily) from my doctor to delay my certain days of the cycle. Unfortunately it did not work & I have got my period on exact dates as it happens every month. Can I use some medicine to stop it now so that I can join my family for Umrah. Our flight is tonight. F.East London

Dear sister. First of all the Provera has to be 5 mg 3x a day not once. It is difficult to stop it now but you can try the medicine that we give for heavy bleeding. (For this you must not be suffering from or have any past history of stroke or clotting disorders & if you have your personal doctor/general practitioner and you can contact them, best is to pass by them as they will have the record of your personal history, allergies etc.) Tranexamic acid(Transamine 1 gram 6 hourly) I will suggest to take it for 48 hours only and with lots of free fluids on flight as clotting can be effected while on flight.Walk up and down the plane a couple of times. Also continue Provera 3x a day untill you complete the Umrah.

However do not over do in any of these. Even then if things don't change, then just take it as Allah's will and trust that your reward will not be lost.You can still recite all your prayers and Qur'an.

Best wishes and remember us in your prayers:)

Edited by: hkhan on Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:17 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 15, 2008  -  6:50 AM Reply with quote
Sorry to involve in Ladies' matters.

I just wanna say that don't the umrah trip normally have enough time that one can do her Umrah after the completion of monthly periods? If there's enough time then Umrah can be done after that if it's not possible on the day of arrival as doing umrah is not compulsory on the day of arrival. it can be delayed for any reason or even for no reason. men will have to carry on wearing Ihraam till Umrah. women will start their Ihraam the way people of Mecca starts or the can plan their Madina tour such that they become able do Umrah on their return to Mecca.

I hope that my explanation will be of some help at least in this regard.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, September 15, 2008  -  11:16 PM Reply with quote
hmm thx br.ibrahim. (in this case it wasn't because the trip was only for 4 days; just for a long weekend-as is usually the case of working parents of young children visting from here)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker