Next page >>
Page 11 of 12

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 1, 2009  -  1:39 PM Reply with quote
Here are some pearls dedicated to the women in Africa and to you mbellos

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller
I can do no great things, only small things with great love.
-- Mother Teresa

So celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.
-- Mia Hamm
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 2, 2009  -  10:31 AM Reply with quote
saba2 is right mbellos :) load shedding in pk does not give the luxury of AC always~sometimes not even fan.
i recvd this sms~ u may like:

my days are restless my nights sleepless;
God, am i in Love
God: Foolish you are in pakistan...
(still lots to thank indeed wherever we r. may God give us easy tests and the best of both the worlds amen)
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Thursday, October 8, 2009  -  8:55 AM Reply with quote
Assalam eleikum warahmatullahe wa barakatuhu
Dear saba2.Jazakallah for your beautiful quotations for us.
May Allah bless you all. Women of Africa are also brave like women anywhereso God will help us inshalla.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, October 11, 2009  -  11:09 AM Reply with quote
Pearls
from the Prophet sws

Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0028:

It is narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas that when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent Mu'adh towards Yemen (as governor) he said to him: Verily you would reach a community of the people of the Book, the very first thing to which you should call them is the worship of Allah, may His Glory be Magnificent, and when they become fully aware of Allah, instruct them that He has enjoined five prayers on them during the day and the night, and when the begin observing it, then instruct them that verily Allah has made Zakat obligatory for them which would be collected from the wealthy amongst them and distributed to their needy ones, and when they submit to it, then collect it from them and avoid (the temptation) of selecting the best (items) of their riches.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, October 18, 2009  -  8:27 PM Reply with quote
We grow old more through indolence, than through age.
Christina, Queen of Sweden (1626-89)
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, October 24, 2009  -  7:55 AM Reply with quote
Pearl

When the world pushes you to your knees, your are in the perfect position to pray.

Ease [yusr] and hardship ['usr] are the feathers that give strength to the wings of your faith [iman], so that your heart and your innermost being [sirr] can use them to fly to the door of your Lord (Almighty and Glorious is He).

- Shaykh 'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani
[The Removal of Cares (Jala' al-Khawatir)]
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, October 25, 2009  -  6:26 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.............. your heart and your innermost being ............. to fly to the door of your Lord (Almighty and Glorious is He).....

Our Lord behind a door? Any proof?

How could the Heart fly?

Inner being ? What is that? Do you mean soul?

But the Soul doesnt fly of its own.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, October 27, 2009  -  11:59 AM Reply with quote
Uncle, looks like you have never been in Love
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 27, 2009  -  3:27 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Uncle, looks like you have never been in Love

Please come out of your poetic mood and answer my questions.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:28 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, October 27, 2009  -  10:28 PM Reply with quote
um hmmm...my Q first~'coz i really feel pity for the auntie
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, October 28, 2009  -  6:10 AM Reply with quote
quote:

um hmmm...my Q first~'coz i really feel pity for the auntie

I asked first.
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 28, 2009  -  1:42 PM Reply with quote
As far as I understand I think it is just a spiritual version of worshipping God. I am preparing for Hajj now a days and looking at all these things. Allah knows the best!
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 28, 2009  -  1:51 PM Reply with quote
May Allah shower you with his blessings Shehzads, please pray for our country and people, pray for the people who have lost their lives in bombings shooting etc. pray for us to come out of this suffering and live a life without terror and fear.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, October 29, 2009  -  2:43 PM Reply with quote
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.

Isaac Newton
English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 2, 2009  -  10:25 PM Reply with quote
Thank you for your good wishes saba2. Of course I will pray. This is one very important reason for which I am going. Although as I have read through the special Hajj issue and course on this website, I have realized the true purpose of Hajj and Umrah & what must we learn & gain from it. I strongly feel that it's high time for us all in Pakistan to ask Allah sincerely for forgiveness and make serious plans to change our lives in true submission to God, the true meaning of Muslim!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, November 6, 2009  -  12:52 PM Reply with quote
thx all for the lovely pearls

"Mind is like a parachute-- it does not work unless it's open!"

"Who stole the American Dream? The Book your Boss doesn't want you to read" by Burke Hedges. Promoted by Quest International Ltd.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12
Next page >>
Page 11 of 12

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker