11 12
Next page >>
Page 4 of 12

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 15, 2009  -  11:35 AM Reply with quote
Being impatient to experience the results of efforts,is like trying to eat unripe fruit.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 15, 2009  -  2:38 PM Reply with quote
Motto of my life;
Keep your head and your heart in the right direction and you will never have to worry about your feet.

So make sure, whatever you do, your intentions are right. There is only one outcome that I would like to have at the end of all my efforts. i.e. On day of judgement I can stand infront of my Lord and utter these few words "O my Lord, I tried as much as I could; I tried with all my heart, all my mind, and all my soul".

According to sir syed ahmed khan;
Acquisition of knowledge of science and technology is the only solution for the problems of Muslims. We will remain humiliated and rejected if we do not make progress (in scientific field).

Edited by: lofty on Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:51 PM

Edited by: lofty on Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:53 PM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 15, 2009  -  2:47 PM Reply with quote
Quotes of Einstein;

If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.

Einstein states in his auto-biography;
"I am truly a lone traveler and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends or even my immediate family. In the face of all these ties I have never lost a sense of distance and need for solitude ...."

"I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity".
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 15, 2009  -  3:01 PM Reply with quote
Jesus Christ:

"Enter by the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few".

"Do not be loving either the world or things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of God is not in him; because everything in the world - the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one's means of life - does not originate with God, but originates with the world".

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ALL OF YOU READ THE "SERMON ON THE MOUNT" OF JESUS CHRIST IN GOSPEL OF MATTHEW (CHAPTERS 5-7). ITS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, January 16, 2009  -  11:36 AM Reply with quote
"DON'T FIND FAULT, FIND A REMEDY."
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 18, 2009  -  6:58 AM Reply with quote
"wen u pray (salah) don't pray in a way that it looks as if you have to go for more important jobs; pray as if u r doing the most important job !"

me
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 22, 2009  -  9:40 PM Reply with quote
The Prophet sws said:
"Believers are like one body. If any part of it is not well, then the whole body suffers, sleeplessness & fever with it."
Sahih Muslim
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 25, 2009  -  5:22 PM Reply with quote
And the life of this world is nothing but a play and idle sport. And verily far better is the abode of the Hereafter for those who fear (Allah). Do you then not understand? (Quran, 6:32)

"And among the people is he who sells even his (precious) life to achieve the pleasure of Allah and Allah is indeed most Gracious to His servant". (Quran, 2:207)
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, January 27, 2009  -  8:32 PM Reply with quote
A; i am really impressed by the amount of material you browse thru and send. u sound like a retd teacher to me is that rite?
however i just want to request everyone, try not to post one verse out of its context without any further explanation as it can change the whole message. there are commands, e.g. in this case, of killing and being killed, which applies in certain scenario where all the conditions of armed jihad are fullfilled-not everywhere by everyone.

sala'm
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, January 28, 2009  -  10:54 AM Reply with quote
quote:

A; i am really impressed by the amount of material you browse thru and send. u sound like a retd teacher to me is that rite?
however i just want to request everyone, try not to post one verse out of its context without any further explanation as it can change the whole message. there are commands, e.g. in this case, of killing and being killed, which applies in certain scenario where all the conditions of armed jihad are fullfilled-not everywhere by everyone.

sala'm

I am glad you are impressed with my posts. I am not browsing through the web to find this material though. I have it all written down in my diary. The message of these verses is as clear as shinning sun and I am not quoting anything out of context. You can check the passage yourself. If I quote the verses of Surah Tauba on armed Jihad and do not provide its context then you are welcome to correct me. I have read the scriptures and I know what I am on about.

Edited by: lofty on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:05 PM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, January 28, 2009  -  3:59 PM Reply with quote
quote:

A; i am really impressed by the amount of material you browse thru and send. u sound like a retd teacher to me is that rite?.........
Thanks mod. Exactly what I expected from you.Jazakallahu khair. However, apart from your remarks on the amount of material posted by me I would appreciate your remarks on the quality of material posted which would help me improve.
quote:

......"And among the people is he who sells even his (precious) life to achieve the pleasure of Allah and Allah is indeed most Gracious to His servant". (Quran, 2:207)
The meaning of the Ayah (2:207) includes every Mujahid in the way of Allah.
And as I wrote earlier, pearls are of the material created by Allah whereas Qur'an is not from the created things but the Word of Allah.

Those who have faith in this may post verses from the Qur'an in a thread especially for this started by brother Raushan at the following URL.

http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=3201&;lang=&forumid=1
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, January 28, 2009  -  7:50 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

And as I wrote earlier, pearls are of the material created by Allah whereas Qur'an is not from the created things but the Word of Allah.

Thats deep!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, January 29, 2009  -  1:31 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Thats deep!
DEEP? Kindly elaborate.

DEEP is a Japanese mixed martial arts promotion which specializes in the lighter weight classes.....http://www.answers.com/topic/deep-14

#

1. Difficult to penetrate or understand; recondite: a deep metaphysical theory.
2. Of a mysterious or obscure nature: a deep secret; ancient and deep tribal rites.
3. Very learned or intellectual; wise: a deep philosopher.
4. Exhibiting great cunning or craft: deep political machinations.

#

1. Of a grave or extreme nature: deep trouble; deepest deceit.
2. Very absorbed or involved: deep in thought; deep in financial difficulties.
3. Profound in quality or feeling: a deep trance; deep devotion.

# Rich and intense in shade. Used of a color: a deep red.....http://www.answers.com/topic/deep
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 29, 2009  -  11:00 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Thats deep!
DEEP? Kindly elaborate.

DEEP is a Japanese mixed martial arts promotion which specializes in the lighter weight classes.....http://www.answers.com/topic/deep-14

#

1. Difficult to penetrate or understand; recondite: a deep metaphysical theory.
2. Of a mysterious or obscure nature: a deep secret; ancient and deep tribal rites.
3. Very learned or intellectual; wise: a deep philosopher.
4. Exhibiting great cunning or craft: deep political machinations.

#

1. Of a grave or extreme nature: deep trouble; deepest deceit.
2. Very absorbed or involved: deep in thought; deep in financial difficulties.
3. Profound in quality or feeling: a deep trance; deep devotion.

# Rich and intense in shade. Used of a color: a deep red.....http://www.answers.com/topic/deep

May be, hkhan can elaborate it for you. Its tricky one for me!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, January 30, 2009  -  8:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:

May be, hkhan can elaborate it for you. Its tricky one for me!
No problem
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 30, 2009  -  10:12 AM Reply with quote
"To strive for the cause of Allah from daybreak to noon and sunset is better than the goods and enjoyment of the whole worldly life." (Bukhari)

"The worldly comforts are not for me. I am like a traveller, who takes a rest under a tree in the shade and then goes on his way." (Tirmidhi)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12
Next page >>
Page 4 of 12

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker