and for the pleasure of ar-Rahman,

"and we speak for the honor of our souls,
    for seeking the world,
    and for the pleasure of the creation."

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, January 31, 2009 3:04 AM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 31, 2009  -  3:24 PM Reply with quote
"This world is a prison for the faithful, but a paradise for Unbelievers".
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 31, 2009  -  3:27 PM Reply with quote
Once our prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) said: "What I have to do with worldly things. My connection with the world is like that of a traveler resting for a while underneath the shade of a tree and then moving on".
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, February 4, 2009  -  3:13 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Once our prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) said: "What I have to do with worldly things. My connection with the world is like that of a traveler resting for a while underneath the shade of a tree and then moving on".
I suppose he said that about his connection with the world. Does that mean that this world is a shady resting place for you and me?
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, February 4, 2009  -  10:17 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

I suppose he said that about his connection with the world. Does that mean that this world is a shady resting place for you and me?

What I have understood from this Hadith is that our stay in this world is very short. We should be worried about our upcoming life and not indulge ourselves in undue worldly pleasures.

Allah knows best.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, February 5, 2009  -  2:07 AM Reply with quote
quote:

What I have understood from this Hadith is that our stay in this world is very short. We should be worried about our upcoming life and not indulge ourselves in undue worldly pleasures.

Allah knows best.

Sure Allah knows best and He has not left us unaware of the things that are good for us and those that are to be avoided

And I feel that what you have understood from that Hadith is contradicting the following verses

Hud (The Prophet Hud)

وَأَنِ اسْتَغْفِرُواْ رَبَّكُمْ ثُمَّ تُوبُواْ إِلَيْهِ يُمَتِّعْكُم مَّتَاعًا حَسَنًا إِلَى أَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى وَيُؤْتِ كُلَّ ذِي فَضْلٍ فَضْلَهُ وَإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَإِنِّيَ أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ عَذَابَ يَوْمٍ كَبِيرٍ (11:3)

# 11:3 (Asad) Ask your Sustainer to forgive you your sins, and then turn towards Him in repentance - [whereupon] He will grant you a goodly enjoyment of life [in this world] until a term set [by Him is fulfilled]; [4] and [in the life to come] He will bestow upon everyone possessed of merit [a full reward for] his merit. [5] But if you turn away, then, verily, I dread for you the suffering [which is bound to befall you] on that awesome Day

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

زُيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ حُبُّ الشَّهَوَاتِ مِنَ النِّسَاء وَالْبَنِينَ وَالْقَنَاطِيرِ الْمُقَنطَرَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ وَالْفِضَّةِ وَالْخَيْلِ الْمُسَوَّمَةِ وَالأَنْعَامِ وَالْحَرْثِ ذَلِكَ مَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَاللّهُ عِندَهُ حُسْنُ الْمَآبِ (3:14)

# 3:14 (Asad) ALLURING unto man is the enjoyment of worldly desires through women, and children, and heaped-up treasures of gold and silver, and horses of high mark, and cattle, and lands. All this may be enjoyed in the life of this world - but the most beauteous of all goals is with God.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, February 5, 2009  -  8:58 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Allah knows best.

Sure Allah knows best and He has not left us unaware of the things that are good for us and those that are to be avoided

And I feel that what you have understood from that Hadith is contradicting the following verses

Hud (The Prophet Hud)

وَأَنِ اسْتَغْفِرُواْ رَبَّكُمْ ثُمَّ تُوبُواْ إِلَيْهِ يُمَتِّعْكُم مَّتَاعًا حَسَنًا إِلَى أَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى وَيُؤْتِ كُلَّ ذِي فَضْلٍ فَضْلَهُ وَإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَإِنِّيَ أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ عَذَابَ يَوْمٍ كَبِيرٍ (11:3)

# 11:3 (Asad) Ask your Sustainer to forgive you your sins, and then turn towards Him in repentance - [whereupon] He will grant you a goodly enjoyment of life [in this world] until a term set [by Him is fulfilled]; [4] and [in the life to come] He will bestow upon everyone possessed of merit [a full reward for] his merit. [5] But if you turn away, then, verily, I dread for you the suffering [which is bound to befall you] on that awesome Day

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

زُيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ حُبُّ الشَّهَوَاتِ مِنَ النِّسَاء وَالْبَنِينَ وَالْقَنَاطِيرِ الْمُقَنطَرَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ وَالْفِضَّةِ وَالْخَيْلِ الْمُسَوَّمَةِ وَالأَنْعَامِ وَالْحَرْثِ ذَلِكَ مَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَاللّهُ عِندَهُ حُسْنُ الْمَآبِ (3:14)

# 3:14 (Asad) ALLURING unto man is the enjoyment of worldly desires through women, and children, and heaped-up treasures of gold and silver, and horses of high mark, and cattle, and lands. All this may be enjoyed in the life of this world - but the most beauteous of all goals is with God.

My understanding of Hadith does not contradict the verses of Quran. I had said, we should not indulge ourselves in UNDUE worldly pleasures.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, February 5, 2009  -  9:02 PM Reply with quote
Abdullah bin Umar reported that once the messenger of Allah took hold of his shoulder and said "Be in this world as a stranger or traveller".
drhennataimoor

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 15, 2009  -  9:57 PM Reply with quote
* Remember that your Lord forgives those who ask Him for forgiveness, and He accepts the repentance of those who repent, and He accept those who come back to Him.

*Show mercy to the weak and you will be happy; give to the needy and you will be well; do not bear grudges and you will be healthy.

*Be optimistic, for Allah is with you, and the angels are praying for forgiveness for you, and Paradise awaits you.

*Wipe away your tears, think well of your Lord, and chase away your worries by remembering the blessings that Allah has bestowed upon you.

*Do not think that this world is ever perfect for anyone. There is no one on the face of the earth who gets all that he wants or is free from all kinds of distress.

*Be like a tall tree with high aims; if a stone is thrown at it, it simply lets it fruit drop.

*Have you ever heard that grief brings back what has been lost, or that worry corrects mistakes? So why worry and grief then?

*Do not expect trials and calamities, rather expect peace, safety and good health, if Allah wills.

*Extinguish the flames of hatred from your heart by forgiving everyone who has ever hurt you.

*Ghusl, wudu, siwak and being organized are effective medicines for all kinds of distress and worry.

The happiest women in the World- by Dr Aid al Qarni.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, February 18, 2009  -  5:01 PM Reply with quote
quote:

drhennataimoor
Was that the new avtar of HKhan, our mod?

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:21 AM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, February 20, 2009  -  10:50 PM Reply with quote
Life and dreams are the leaves of same book, reading them in order is living, skimming through them is dreaming!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 23, 2009  -  5:02 PM Reply with quote
"An honest individual is satisfied with himself as much as others are satisfied with him."
I like this saying from a Brahma Kumaris diary, but I do'nt think we can ever be fully satisfied for what we do? Don't you feel you could do better. I feel that the place where there will be 'neither any regret of the past, nor a fear of the future' will be 'Jannah' /Paradise only.
What do you think? Are you so lucky who feels satisfied that you have done your best?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, February 23, 2009  -  5:49 PM Reply with quote
quote:

"An honest individual is satisfied with himself as much as others are satisfied with him."
.........What do you think?...............

(most of the)Others will not be satisfied. Many enemies will come up because your honesty in the office affects 'rozi roti' of the dishonest officials. If you are an honest buisnessman or an honest Mollah, it is the same.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, February 26, 2009  -  10:35 AM Reply with quote
yes i suppose u r right A; in certain cases it can be true. however like i said, a place free of all regrets and fears is not in this world, but th eParadise.
some nice pearls here i found in my office at the pwa the other day(thx to maggy for typing it:)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, February 26, 2009  -  3:26 PM Reply with quote
quote:

So is a dishonest individual. Isnt he satisfied with what he does?
Ms.Khan, I still dont understand what wisdom you found in that quote and how you felt like calling them pearls.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12
Next page >>
Page 5 of 12

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker