11 12
Next page >>
Page 8 of 12

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 4, 2009  -  3:10 PM Reply with quote
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep going. (Albert Einstein)
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 4, 2009  -  3:10 PM Reply with quote
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. (Albert Einstein)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, June 4, 2009  -  5:02 PM Reply with quote
A mind is like a parachute,

it doesn't work if it isn't open

--Frank Zappa

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:02 PM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, June 5, 2009  -  4:35 PM Reply with quote
quote:

shah_625 PAKISTAN Posted - Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 6:40 PM
quote:

......I see the moderator addresses you as uncle although I don't know whether you really are an unlce......

An 'uncle' is a 'son' to his parents -- ' brother' to someone else -- a husband to his wife --- a father of his children --- and the grandfather to his grand children.

So you can call me your 'bhateeja' if it pleases you. I wouldnt mind.
quote:

shah_625 PAKISTAN Posted - Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 6:40 PM
quote:

...... pearls, ........ according to my understanding means qoutes, statements, saying etc which have a depth in them, words that are not just alphabets arranged in legible text, but words of wisdom which are thought provoking.

Very good definition.

Shall I define the word according to my understanding?

If everyone starts defining English words according to his/her understanding there would be no need of Dictionaries and Encyclopedia.
quote:

......and if something that is valuable it is a pearl.....
And that too is your own understanding?

Please visit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_(disambiguation)

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, June 05, 2009 4:43 PM
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 5, 2009  -  7:02 PM Reply with quote
@ aboosait
:). Come on grow up! There's a thing called figurative speech, metaphors. Of course I know what a pearl is but that sphere of calcium carbonate is not what is under discussion in this thread. Do you think this thread is started to discuss about how pearls are formed etc etc.
I used the phrase "acorrding to my understanding" in the context of this topic, that means the words pearls here is symbolizing ' qoutes, statements, saying etc which have a depth in them'. I didnt say I have made a new English language. You need to comprehend things a little more appropriate way.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, June 6, 2009  -  2:09 AM Reply with quote
quote:

@ aboosait
.........You need to comprehend things a little more appropriate way.......
Sure, Unclejee.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, June 6, 2009  -  2:20 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Do you think this thread is started to discuss about how pearls are formed etc etc..
No I dont.
quote:

........ the words pearls here is symbolizing 'qoutes, statements, saying etc which have a depth in them'......
And what I said was - and what I am trying to make you understand Unclejee - is that you cannot lower the "Word of Allah" down to the level of human sayings by listing them under a common heading "pearls" along with human words - more so when "pearls" are themselves a created thing.

And Unclejee, if you are still unable to understand what I am trying to convey to you, please ask someone who is well versed in your native language to explain that to you.
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 6, 2009  -  8:39 AM Reply with quote
Well that's just your opinion that by doing this we are lowering the word of Allah, a very parcohial approach. There is by no means any kind of comparison being held here. Like I said humans too have wisdom but of course when it's word of Allah there is a whole new meaning and Divine Wisdom to it, and you can easily tell the difference between a human saying and words of Allah. The aim of this topic is not to bring words of Allah down to human level, the aim is to share words of wisdom.
Got it bhateejay! :-)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, June 6, 2009  -  11:32 AM Reply with quote
quote:

the aim is to share words of wisdom.
Got it bhateejay! :-)
Kutch kutch samajh me aayaa.

The Quar'an clearly distingushes the meanings and application of the word 'Book' and 'Wisdom'

Unclejee, please do some homework before replying.
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 6, 2009  -  2:15 PM Reply with quote
I wonder what you wanted to prove by that
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 7, 2009  -  4:22 AM Reply with quote
Pearl

Peace is so hard to find because it is under your nose
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 7, 2009  -  6:42 PM Reply with quote
The secret of happiness lies
in the mind's release from worldly ties.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, June 8, 2009  -  2:12 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Was it an ad from some company selling intoxicants?

Islam commands strengthening of worldly ties within the limits prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 9, 2009  -  12:47 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Was it an ad from some company selling intoxicants?

Islam commands strengthening of worldly ties within the limits prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

And what do you think is wisdom behind that? What if some one wants to give up all worldly ties for peace of mind. Is it a sin?? Is it sin to be happy and careless?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, June 9, 2009  -  1:20 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.........What if some one wants to give up all worldly ties for peace of mind....?
Do you call that peace of mind?

It is running away from one's duties and responsibilities.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:21 PM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 9, 2009  -  2:07 PM Reply with quote
Solitude is better than the society of evil persons. (Abu Bakar)

Today form of shirk has changed but shirk itself is right there in our societies. We may not be worshipping idols but we do worship materialistic objects such as money, power & status. We are no better than Arab pagans! What duties & responsibilities are you talking about? When Abrham left his idolater father, why did he not think of his responsibilties to his old father? When people of cave sought refugee in cave, did they not have duties & responsibilities? Remember, God did not condemn their actions! If people around you make you sick then have every right to turn away from society and trust me in solitude lies the real happiness.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12
Next page >>
Page 8 of 12

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker