Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, September 8, 2008  -  10:14 AM Reply with quote
Query on a narration about music

Salam
have read this article of renaissance http://www.renaissance.com.pk/octq720.htmWhat i want to know is the meaning and reason behind the narration";There has been narrated in the Sahih of Bukhari one such incident from which the extent such gatherings of music and dance had reached can be imagined. Just after the battle of Badr, Hamzah (rta) along with a few companions was witnessing the dance of a slave-girl while he was taking liquor. In the meantime, ‘Ali (rta) passed by along with two camels. At that time, the words of the song which the maiden was singing were something like this: ‘O if you could only bring me the meat of the humps of these camels...’. At this, Hamzah (rta) got up and slew the camels owned by ‘Ali (rta) and brought forth the meat to her. Annoyed by this, ‘Ali (rta) stormed off to the Prophet (sws) and reported the matter to him. The Prophet (sws) got up and walked across to the scene of the ‘crime’ but after seeing the situation returned without doing anything. " Why did the prophet (PBUH) leave without saying anything?Could you also give the exact reference of this for its authenticity.Thank you.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 9, 2008  -  2:35 AM Reply with quote
quote:

What i want to know is the meaning and reason behind the narration:

http://www.renaissance.com.pk/octq720.htm

Please read that article again for the answer to your question.

I quote from that article under reference in that link, the portion that answers your question

quote:

i) As far as the Qur’an is concerned, there is no mention of any absolute prohibition of music. On the contrary, it is a known fact that one of the other divinely revealed scriptures, the Psalms, is basically a collection of hymns. The Prophet David (sws) used to sing the various Psalms revealed to him on his harp.
ii) If the Qur’an does not apparently mention this absolute prohibition, it is necessary to re-analyse all the Ahadith on this subject to see whether they have been interpreted correctly. By collecting and analysing all the Ahadith pertaining to music, the real picture which comes to light is that musical gatherings possessed a great element of immorality. Slave-girls used to dance before an inebriated gathering where lewdness was let loose and promiscuity prevailed. These gatherings were a means of stimulating base emotions in people.
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 9, 2008  -  10:04 AM Reply with quote
@aboosait
Read my post again brother, I asked why did the Propeht leave without saying anything? Why didn't he take any actions?
What has this narration got to do with whether music is haram?

Edited by: shah_625 on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:07 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 9, 2008  -  10:52 AM Reply with quote
quote:

• why did the Propeht leave without saying anything?

• Why didn't he take any actions?

• What has this narration got to do with whether music is haram ?

• Jazakallahu Khair.

Thanks for the clarification.

I shall have to read that article again for further comments. Please give me some time.

Wa s salam,

aboo.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:53 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
    Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker