Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
saba2

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, October 12, 2008  -  7:34 AM Reply with quote
understanding each other

In Pakistan we live in constant fear,violence is on the rise intolerence and isolation of factions is leading to more and more to misunderstanding. Is this going to be our legacy to our children? Will they be always looking over their shoulder?Why cant we talk to each other accept each others' point of view,can all people come together express their point of view without fear on this forum.
My first question Pakistan was created for muslims to practice Islam and live without fear. Whose version of Islam? and are we living without fear?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 13, 2008  -  4:00 AM Reply with quote
quote:

..........Whose version of Islam?.........

Of course the version of the One who named us Muslims.

The term muslim signifies "one who surrenders himself to God"; correspondingly, islam denotes "self-surrender to God". Both these terms are applied in the Qur’an to all who believe in the One God and affirm this belief by an unequivocal acceptance of His revealed messages. Since the Qur’an represents the final and most universal of these divine revelations, the believers are called upon to follow the guidance of its Apostle and thus to become an example for all mankind

The religion of Islam is:

(1)free of any dogma or mystical proposition which might make the Quranic doctrine difficult to understand or might even conflict with man’s innate reason;

(2) it avoids all complicated ritual or system of taboos which would impose undue restrictions on mans everyday life;

(3) it rejects all self-mortification and exaggerated asceticism, which must unavoidably conflict with mans true nature and

(4) it takes fully into account the fact that "man has been created weak’’ (4:28).

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:78

وَجَاهِدُوا فِي اللَّهِ حَقَّ جِهَادِهِ هُوَ اجْتَبَاكُمْ وَمَا جَعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ مِنْ حَرَجٍ مِّلَّةَ أَبِيكُمْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ هُوَ سَمَّاكُمُ الْمُسْلِمينَ مِن قَبْلُ وَفِي هَذَا لِيَكُونَ الرَّسُولُ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْكُمْ وَتَكُونُوا شُهَدَاء عَلَى النَّاسِ فَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِاللَّهِ هُوَ مَوْلَاكُمْ فَنِعْمَ الْمَوْلَى وَنِعْمَ النَّصِيرُ

And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline).

He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham.

It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind!

So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah.

He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, October 13, 2008  -  6:47 AM Reply with quote
"Why cant we talk to each other accept each others' point of view,can all people come together express their point of view without fear on this forum."

Welcome to SI forums saba2 with sala'm (peace) Ofcourse you can express ur pont of view without fear on this forum so go ahead plz.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 13, 2008  -  2:15 PM Reply with quote
Assalam o alikum
Thank you for the warm welcome Hina.

when I said whose version of Islam I meant whose interpretation , which sect and I disagree Islam is not a difficult religion to follow its basis is on our niyat and our instinct of judgment of deciding right and wrong.
It takes man as a social being and lays its laws which are fair to all.
The problem is when different sects interpret and insist their interpretation is right and willing to take each other's lives for it.
Suicide bombings killing of women attacks on minorities has given rise to fear and the policy of submission because you have no choice, or mass migration if you have one.
What happened to laying basic principles and then leaving the rest to the people? Quran leaves according to me a lot of grey areas where the judgment is left to individuals why should we impose our interpretation on the rest.
Every day things have become a strain on our lives. Listening to music, if you are a music lover should you hide that fact? Because maybe your neighbor might not agree with it and react to it in a very unpleasant manner. The way women dress when going outside or dealing with people in offices or any jobs, do they wear hijab ?cover their face ? a coat on their dress ? a chader? or just plain dress with head uncovered short sleeves or long ones? Does an Islamic state have a right to dictate a dress to a woman or a man? Should it not be a choice of an individual? We are all going to be judged by God on the day of Judgment so why are we insistent on judging in this life time.All states have Civil laws to judge criminal offences so should we in Islamic perspective but keeping a medium path.
God has given us the right to choose our lives' path and given us guidelines to decide whether we are choosing the right path or the wrong one. All human beings have the right to earn a lawful earning education and a right to choose your husband or wife.
If we fulfill these responsibilities and protect the innocent and weak from aggression then we are half way there to a better life and maybe in the eyes of God better human beings.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  3:42 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalam o alikum

................I disagree Islam is not a difficult religion to follow ...............

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu.

Please read the verse I had quoted in my previous post. But Allah s.w.t. says, (translation of the meaning):

...............He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham..........

So do you disagree with certain verses and agree wth only a portion of the Qur'an AND WANT TO IMPOSE DIFFICULTIES ON YOURSELF?

And where has Allah or His Prophet asked you to blindly follow any "sect"?

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:15 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  3:52 AM Reply with quote
quote:

................Does an Islamic state have a right to dictate a dress to a woman or a man? Should it not be a choice of an individual? ................

I cannot imagine a state where men and women are moving about naked BEING LEFT TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL CHOICE.

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:16 AM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  12:24 PM Reply with quote
Assalam o alikuum
i stand reprimanded when I said"Does an Islamic state have a right to dictate a dress to a woman or a man?" i meant a "DRESS CODE" even in liberal western societies "Jay Walking" is a crime.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  1:41 PM Reply with quote
What should be the role of an Islamic State be rgarding dress code? listening to music? performing arts and fine art? equal job opportunities for men and women?
Can someone please answer these questions?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  3:04 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalam o alikuum
i stand reprimanded when I said"Does an Islamic state have a right to dictate a dress to a woman or a man?" i meant a "DRESS CODE" even in liberal western societies "Jay Walking" is a crime.

Wa alaykum assalam w.r.w.b..

You blindly accept the "DRESS CODE" imposed on you by liberal western societies but question the authority of an Islamic state to enforce the 'shariah'?

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:17 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2008  -  3:59 PM Reply with quote
quote:

What should be the role of an Islamic State be rgarding dress code? listening to music? performing arts and fine art? equal job opportunities for men and women?
Can someone please answer these questions?

Only the punishments prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah will be implemented to maintain peace, harmony and justice.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IN ISLAM THE GOVERNED POSSESS THE RIGHT TO BE GOVERNED AS FREE MEN, AS HUMAN BEINGS GOVERNED BY CONSENT.

EVEN AS MUSLIM EMPIRE SPREAD FAR AND WIDE, THE RIGHTS OF NON-MUSLIMS WERE PROTECTED, AND THE RIGHT TO PROFESS THEIR OWN RELIGIONS WAS HONOURED. THE NAMES OF UMAR AL-KHATTAB AND SALADIN REVERBERATE THROUGH HISTORY, AS STERLING EXAMPLES OF MUSLIM LEADERS WHO CARRIED THEMSELVES WITH HONOUR, DIGNITY, AND AN ABIDING SENSE OF JUSTICE.

THE IMMEDIATE CONCERN FOR ALL OUR MUSLIM STATES IS TACKLING POVERTY, ELIMINATING ILLITERACY, COMBATING IGNORANCE, AND RAISING THE QUALITY OF LIFE.

THESE ARE THE ISSUES THAT TRULY CONCERN US AS AN UMMAH.

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:19 AM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 16, 2008  -  1:04 PM Reply with quote
Assalam o alaikum,

Sir U seem to be well versed in Shariah, can U please tell me in the light of Shariah what should be the laws concerning dress code both for men and women? listening to music? performing arts and fine art? equal job opportunities for men and women?
"Only the punishments prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah will be implemented to maintain peace, harmony and justice."What are these punishments? against what crimes?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, October 22, 2008  -  7:19 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalam o alaikum,

Sir U seem to be well versed in Shariah, can U please tell me in the light of Shariah what should be the laws concerning dress code both for men and women? listening to music? performing arts and fine art? equal job opportunities for men and women?
"Only the punishments prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah will be implemented to maintain peace, harmony and justice."What are these punishments? against what crimes?

Please start a new thread for each of the above topics so that we can have a discussion under the appropriate heading.

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:21 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, November 5, 2008  -  5:25 AM Reply with quote
saba2 PAKISTAN,
Assalam o alaikum,

Your reponse to my above reply still awaited.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, November 30, 2008  -  11:35 AM Reply with quote
Walaikum assalam ,
sorry for not replying earlier, why cant we talk on this forum?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, December 2, 2008  -  10:16 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Walaikum assalam ,
sorry for not replying earlier, why cant we talk on this forum?

You are welcome provided you take up the points one by one and not get all messed up.

Assalamu alaykum.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:16 AM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 6, 2008  -  1:01 PM Reply with quote
Walaikum Assalam,
Thank you for not giving up, fair enough lets take dress code both for men and women, what is the dress code prescribed?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker