Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Thursday, October 23, 2008  -  7:55 PM Reply with quote
dear abusait

salam alaikum,

have you ever invited someone(non muslim)to Islam?

If yes,then what was his/her reaction?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, October 24, 2008  -  5:56 PM Reply with quote
quote:

salam alaikum,

have you ever invited someone(non muslim)to Islam?

If yes,then what was his/her reaction?

Wa alaykum assalam w.r.w.b.

Alhamdulillah I have had the previlage of practicing 'dawa' towards Islamic beliefs in general and the Qur'an in particular, on non muslims..

Before I answer your second question I would like to quote a verse from Surah Yusuf:

12:108

[قُلْ هَـذِهِ سَبِيلِى أَدْعُو إِلَى اللَّهِ عَلَى بَصِيرَةٍ أَنَاْ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِى وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَمَآ أَنَاْ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ]

(108. Say "This is my way; I invite unto Allah with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me. And Glorified and Exalted be Allah. And I am not of the idolators.'')

Thus we see Allah orders His Messenger to say to mankind and the Jinns that this is his way, meaning, his method, path and Sunnah, concentrating on calling to the testimony that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah alone without partners. The Messenger calls to this testimonial with sure knowledge, certainty and firm evidence. He calls to this way, and those who followed him call to what Allah's Messenger called to with sure knowledge, certainty and evidence, whether logical or religious evidence,

We also see that knowledge is a Fardh obligation in da`wah. And this is what I personally experienced during my early days of inviting non muslims. It was during those days that a leading criminal lawyer (who was also a missionary of 'Jehowa's Witness) with whom I used to discuss Islam finally showed interest in reading the Qur'an. So I gave him a copy of English translation.

His first reaction was to take out his purse and ask me how much. With great difficulty I was able to convince him that it was free of cost. He said several "islamic preachers" had approached him on different occasions and forced him to puchase their literature.

Then he opened the book in my presene and read from random pages. He read the verses about Noah, Lot and Jesus.(peace be upon them all)He was so excited that he jumped from
his seat. Finally he said he wants to discuss certain issues with someone who could clarify his doubts. I could not offer myself because those days I did not have enough knowledge of the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, October 24, 2008 6:01 PM

Edited by: ibrahim on Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:34 AM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, October 25, 2008  -  5:05 PM Reply with quote
I agree with you and appreciate your efforts,may Allah the most high reward you for it.

I think and also evident from your example that dawah work evolves steps.I mean you approach someone then he/she shows interest or reject at first sight.someone may take time to response,it varies in cases.

I d like to request other participants to share their experience about the same.any good thing if they can share may be valuable for others Or a problem may be solved or any question may answered by others.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, October 26, 2008  -  5:47 AM Reply with quote
quote:

.........I think and also evident from your example that dawah work evolves steps...........

Jazakallahu khair.

Dawah is incumbent on all Muslims and must be done in compliance with the methodology already established by prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. It is an order from Allah the Almighty in His Book.

May I call your attention to the Tafsir of Surah `Abasa (Chapter - 80)Verses 1 to 16.

We learn that we must not turn our backs on those who are already Muslim in favor of those who are not yet being guided by Allah.

The first line of dawah begins with ourselves, then our closest relatives and then our wider circle of relatives, then our friends, the Muslim body at large, our neighbors and then the general public.

We must always try to increase our own level of faith and bring ourselves closer to Allah and His Messenger, peace be upon him.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, October 26, 2008  -  9:17 AM Reply with quote
Is there any difference between dawah and Islah?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, October 26, 2008  -  10:49 AM Reply with quote
Text
quote:

Is there any difference between dawah and Islah?

Islah (Arabic: اٍصلاح‎) is an Arabic word meaning to repair, often translated as to reform or reshape. Also the name of several reform parties.

da‘wah The Arabic دعوة da‘wah means literally "issuing a summons" or "making an invitation", being the active participle of a verb meaning variously "to summon, to invite" (whose triconsonantal root is د ع و). A Muslim who practices da‘wah, either as a religious worker or in a volunteer community effort, is called a dā‘ī, plural du‘āt. A dā‘ī is thus a person who invites people to understand Islam through a dialogical process, and may be categorized in some cases as the Islamic equivalent of a missionary.

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, October 26, 2008 10:53 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker