Page 2 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 2, 2009  -  2:24 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

I believe sahaba said those things after the verse was revealed.
On what grounds do you believe so?
Please produce relevant proof as to when that was said so that I could compare it with the date when the Verse was revealed.
quote:

God has not mentioned every thing in Quran that can be bad for us.
Then you should look for it in the Sunnah

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, January 02, 2009 1:28 AM

Well, I do not have exact dates. If you can find them, post it on forum for others as well. Shariah does not cover every aspect of life. As I said God has given us intellect and inherent knowledge to make a distinction between good and bad. You can listen to Mr. Ghamidi on following web site for details:

http://www.tv-almawrid.org/

or try this:

http://www.understanding-islam.com/

I am sure you will find what shariah is and what aspects of our lives it covers, if you look for it on above web sites. According to Mr. Ghamidi shariah is very brief and covers only about ten percent aspects of our lives.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, January 2, 2009  -  9:35 AM Reply with quote
quote:

...........According to Mr. Ghamidi shariah is very brief and covers only about ten percent aspects of our lives.

And what covers the remaining 90 %?

Perhaps you are aware that India and the Philippines are the only countries in the world which have separate Muslim civil laws, framed by the Muslim Personal Law board in India, and wholly based on Sharia and the Code of Muslim Personal Laws in the Philippines. However, the criminal laws are uniform.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, January 02, 2009 10:57 AM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 2, 2009  -  3:59 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

...........According to Mr. Ghamidi shariah is very brief and covers only about ten percent aspects of our lives.

And what covers the remaining 90 %?

Perhaps you are aware that India and the Philippines are the only countries in the world which have separate Muslim civil laws, framed by the Muslim Personal Law board in India, and wholly based on Sharia and the Code of Muslim Personal Laws in the Philippines. However, the criminal laws are uniform.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, January 02, 2009 10:57 AM

Our intellect and inherent knowledge covers the remaining. Muslims today have made up shariah based on fabricated and spurious Hadiths, we do not ascribe to that.

You should listen or read Mr. Ghamidi to understand the difference between Sunnah and Hadith & what is shariah! Good luck.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 3, 2009  -  2:33 AM Reply with quote
quote:

....Muslims today have made up shariah based on fabricated and spurious Hadiths, we do not ascribe to that.
Please tell me after reading the following passages as to which statement from this is what you call fabricated and spurious Hadiths.

Allah says,
An-Nahl (The Bee)

وَلاَ تَقُولُواْ لِمَا تَصِفُ أَلْسِنَتُكُمُ الْكَذِبَ هَـذَا حَلاَلٌ وَهَـذَا حَرَامٌ لِّتَفْتَرُواْ عَلَى اللّهِ الْكَذِبَ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَفْتَرُونَ عَلَى اللّهِ الْكَذِبَ لاَ يُفْلِحُونَ (16:116)

# 16:116 (Asad) Hence, do NOT utter falsehoods by letting your tongues determine [at your own discretion], "This is lawful and that is FORBIDden", thus attributing your own lying inventions to God: for, behold, they who attribute their own lying inventions to God will never attain to a happy state!

Lofty on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 2:36 posted the following quote:
quote:

………. Mentioning his own opinion, he (Ibn Hazam) writes:
"there is no basis of prohibiting it (masturbation) therefore it is allowed, except that I do not approve of it because it cannot be termed as good behavior".
Aboosait on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:43 AM Posted a quote from Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid,
quote:

Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence:

First from the Qur’aan:

Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):

"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7

Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.

"And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty." 24.33.

This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said,

"We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power." Bukhari:5066.

The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done.

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, January 03, 2009 2:42 AM
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 3, 2009  -  11:02 AM Reply with quote
My gratitudes to everyone for their valuable replies!

I have derived,

”Islam aims us to be purified and masturbation is a sure way to cause a breach in the purification of mind etc…….”

Edited by: umarbaig on Monday, January 05, 2009 9:38 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 3, 2009  -  12:41 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.............I derived from the posts of brother aboosait that,................ is a sure way to cause a breach in the purification of mind etc…….”
Aboosait has not talked about purification of anyone's mind but has quoted Imam Shaf'i and the Qur'anic Verse which speaks of guarding one's chastity.

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, January 04, 2009 4:46 AM
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 3, 2009  -  1:25 PM Reply with quote
You are right!

Should I have said, " so far as my conclusion is concerned, masturbation is a sure way to cause a breach in the chastness or purification?”
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 3, 2009  -  1:44 PM Reply with quote
quote:

You are right!

Should I have said, " so far as my conclusion is concerned, masturbation is a sure way to cause a breach in the chastness or purification?”
In religion,
    Purification means the ceremonial removal of what the religion deems unclean.

Chastity means guarding one's private parts from illegal sexual acts.
and chastity was the subject of discussion in this thread.

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, January 03, 2009 1:51 PM
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 3, 2009  -  5:16 PM Reply with quote
Is the purification same what is called "Tazkia"? If yes, I was meaning that i.e, "Tazkia"
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 3, 2009  -  5:17 PM Reply with quote
quote:

"It is your sperm, you may spill it."

Or you can say

It is your eyes you may see everything while there are limitations………
quote:

God has given us intellect and inherent knowledge to make a distinction between good and bad.

So what makes you hesitate to use it?
quote:

You can listen to Mr. Ghamidi on following web site for details:………

No one is superior to Allah and His prophet (pbup)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 4, 2009  -  2:13 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Is the purification same what is called "Tazkia"? If yes, I was meaning that i.e, "Tazkia"
Scholars of Islam derive the word "Tazkia" from the word "Tazakkaa" which appears in two places in the Qur'an and in each place with a different shade of meaning.

20:75-76
- وَمَن يَأْتِهِ مُؤْمِناً قَدْ عَمِلَ الصَّـلِحَـتِ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ لَهُمُ الدَّرَجَـتُ الْعُلَى - جَنَّـتُ عَدْنٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا الأَنْهَـرُ خَـلِدِينَ فِيهَا وَذلِكَ جَزَآءُ مَن تَزَكَّى

75. But whoever comes to Him as a believer, and has done righteous good deeds, for such are the high ranks,

76. `Adn Gardens, under which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, and such is the reward of those who purify themselves.

Here, مَن تَزَكَّى refers to one who purifies himself from dirt, filth and associating partners with Allah. This is the person who worships Allah alone, without ascribing partners to Him, and he follows the Messengers in the good they came with all that they claim.

قَدْ أَفْلَحَ مَن تَزَكَّى (87:14)

87:14. Indeed whosoever purifies himself shall achieve success.

مَن تَزَكَّى meaning, he purifies himself from despised characteristics and he follows what Allah has revealed to the Messenger.

Coming to the subject matter I would like to emphasize that the above discussion was not in general about 'tazkia' but was particularly focussed on an act which would adversely affect 'chastity'.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 4, 2009  -  2:54 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

God has given us intellect and inherent knowledge to make a distinction between good and bad.
So what makes you hesitate to use it?
'distinction between good and bad' in the present context would mean to make the distinction between 'virtue' and 'vice'.

God has not left us free to decide what is 'virtue' and what is 'vice' as per our whims and fancies. He has not left us to grope in the dark but has sent us 'Divine Guidance' and 'prophets' to teach us what is 'virtue' and what is 'vice'.
quote:

........So what makes you hesitate to use it?........
Perhaps because they are under a Pledge of Allegiance to a particular 'Mulla' to preserve their sectarian identity. They consider the word of their 'Mulla' is final and binding on them even if it openly contradicts the Qur'an and Sunnah.

On more than one occasion I have come across Muslims who, after I opened the Qur'an and showed them a prticular verse had told me that they would not accept it unless they hear their 'Mulla Saheb' connfirming that.

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, January 04, 2009 3:01 AM
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 4, 2009  -  5:16 AM Reply with quote
Correct!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 4, 2009  -  8:58 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Correct!

Alhamdulillah and Jazakallahu Khair.
Nadir

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Sunday, January 4, 2009  -  12:28 PM Reply with quote
quote:

In religion,

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, January 03, 2009 1:51 PM

Is there any relationship between chasity and purification?
quote:

Correct!

He is correct only if there is absolutely no relationship between chasity and purification.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 4, 2009  -  2:54 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Is there any relationship between chasity and purification?
Nadir, I have shown the difference between the two in my previous post. If you wish to discuss further on that, please start a new thread.
quote:

In religion,

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 2 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker