Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, May 29, 2005  -  7:00 AM Reply with quote
you are right. i agree with you. thanks
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, May 29, 2005  -  4:53 PM Reply with quote
With The Name of ALLAH, The Infinitely Merciful, The Ever Merciful
Assalam-u-allaikum! ( peace/safety be upon you )

"We made the Commandments very clear to them and they only differed after knowledge came to them, tyrannising one another. Your Lord will decide between them on the Day of Rising regarding the things they differed about. (45:17)Then We placed you on the right road of Our Command so follow it. Do not follow the whims and desires of those who do not know." (45:18)

Some perverted music includes

1. Very loud music. ( hazardous for heart, lungs, soul etc..., in fact any music reaching other ears teases others as they don't want to hear what you want to hear )

2. Music by those who have tortured their bodies and look bizare. (perverted individuals can pervert the listeners too )

3. Love songs (e.g. a person becomes over-sensitive, can't accept and even sings out with deep sorrow the feelings about not winning the love of the loved one (Islam teaches us that there is good in all and there is good in every thing and a person should happily accept what happens in life.

"It may be that you hate something when it is good for you and it may be that you love something when it is bad for you. Allah knows and you do not know." ( Surah2: Ayat 216).

"Some people set up equals to Allah, loving them as they should love Allah. But those who believe have greater love for Allah. If only you could see those who do wrong at the time when they see the punishment, and that truly all strength belongs to Allah, and that Allah is severe in punishment." (Surah2: Ayat 165)

So these love songs can, also motivate the married couple to become over-excessive in love. Or motivate them to disobey ALLAH due to excessive beyond the allowed limit love.

4. And regarding singing. Instead of singing if a person really wants to thank ALLAH Almighty for giving him voice, he/she can recite the Qur'an as melodiously, as beautifully, as humbly as he/she can and can better himself in the art of reciting the Qur'an instead of singing useless words (tell me "is wasting time advisable in Islam ? or not ? !" ).

5. The Arabic term of the Qur'an
"Laghw = which neither benefits in the Hereafter nor has any useful effect in this world."
Most Music comes into this category of Laghw and so most of the music is not advisable at all .

the translations have been taken from "An index to the Qur'an by www.harunyahya.com "

Signature:

Subhan-ALLAH (ALLAH is Absolutely Perfect)
Alhamdulillah (All the Praises and Thanks are exclusively for ALLAH)
ALLAH-u-Akbar (ALLAH is Incomparably Great)
Laa-ilaaha-il-ALLAH ( There is no ilaah except ALLAH )

ALLAH's Mercy , Blessings and peace be upon Prophet Muhammad

ALLAH's lions don't hesitate !

Edited by: asim2 on Friday, July 08, 2005 1:54 PM
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 30, 2005  -  2:29 PM Reply with quote
Jazakala……..,
music really is dangerous….. to spirit. but most people say it has no harmful effects. why people say the bad thing not bad which has been always bad if written in quran clearly or not. it is not good for us or the society. if the people are as good and talented….. as they write (like the above) they can be not only good muslims but the good musicans singers and dancers as well. i have heard that that some animals deliver their children more easily if they hear music and , some plants grow better in the presence of music but allah know better, if some person know about this strange please……..
daneste64

USA
Posted - Monday, May 30, 2005  -  3:38 PM Reply with quote
Dear brothers and sisters:
I have been reading all the responses. Since I have started the topic, I give thanks to all of you.
Since humans live on the earth, music has been part of culture and part of the expressive language. Music is a vehicle for the espression of ideas, feelings, and beliefs. I personally cannot discard the value of this. To me, it is a fact.
It is also true that music, as everything in human nature can be perverted into a harmful side. And the beauty of our religion is the capacity to make our path straight, according to Allah's will.
I personally love music. Classic music is just wonderful, with deep inspiration and quality. I am also very enthusiastic with arabic music. Somehow, I became a "fan" of music, traditional, pop, and mix produced in arabic countries.
Allah has given to us the capacity to receive His revelation, and be able to submit to his will. With this intelligence I can also distinguish what music is good and which one is not so good to listen and enjoy, thanks to His Mercy, we can decide according to the circumstances what is the music that needs to be avoided and which one is an enjoyable gift to our spirit.
Please, feel free to give me your opinion and correct, if you think so, any of my reasoning.
Salam to all!
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 30, 2005  -  9:09 PM Reply with quote
Hadith and many predictions of end times are only found in the Hadith and many of these predictions hace already come true which proves that many Hadith if not all are true and should be followed .

Could you please enlighten us further with the examples of the predictions that have come true.
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  9:13 AM Reply with quote
With The Name of ALLAH, The Infinitely Merciful, The Ever Merciful.
Assalam-u-allaikum !(peace/ safety be upon you)
there is a misspelling. It is "have" and not "hace".
There are many web sites giving these Hadith. The following web site also gives pictures and explains these Hadith:
www.jesuswillreturn.com/signs/signs_index.html
If you want more web sites feel free to ask me any time so that I can share these web sites with all of you.

Signature:

Subhan-ALLAH (ALLAH is Absolutely Perfect)
Alhamdulillah (All the Praises and Thanks are exclusively for ALLAH)
ALLAH-u-Akbar (ALLAH is Incomparably Great)
Laa-ilaaha-il-ALLAH ( There is no ilaah except ALLAH )

Every man dies, not every man really tries to live like Muhammad
( ALLAH's Mercy , Blessings and peace be upon him )

ALLAH's lions don't hesitate !

Edited by: asim2 on Friday, July 08, 2005 1:59 PM
daneste64

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  12:04 PM Reply with quote
Unfortunately there are fanatics like Asim2, very close minded, and definitely, will condem everything that is not Qur'an.
There are beauty in all creation my brother...
Salam.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  12:59 PM Reply with quote
also check

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/Marrefl2y5.htm

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/Aprefl2y5.htm

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/MayRefl2y5.htm

quite detailed stance on music
daneste64

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  2:22 PM Reply with quote
Interesting... for those not willing to read the entire texts give by hkhan, this is pretty much the main idea:

"Our study led us to believe that the Holy Qur’an does not have any direct or indirect, explicit or implicit directive that can evidence the prohibition of music. Likewise, the list of Sunan (i.e. practices established by the Holy Prophet (sws) as part of the religion) also does not offer any basis for the assumed prohibition of music in Islam."

However some Wahabis will insist in condemning all points of view but theirs....

Salaam!
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  3:28 PM Reply with quote
Assalam-u-allaikum!

Just to set the record straight

1. I am just a Muslim and belong to no sect nor any religious organization.

2. I am not a blind follower of any 1 particular religious scholar or school of thought. I read the material of different religious scholars and then try to find out the truth in the light of arguments and evidence they provide. I don't bring the easier version, or my version or my teacher's version. In other words I use my reasoning, intellect also and judge the teaching by the evidence and arguments and not by the scholar who presents them .

3. I choose to research Islam myself instead of blindly accepting all the teachings of a scholar like Mr. Ghamidi.

4. I logically proved that most music is harmful for you. So logically present something or keep quiet .

5. The Qur'an has ordered us to obey the Messenger (ALLAH's Mercy, Blessings and peace be upon him).
So unless you can prove that a particular Hadith is unauthentic, that Hadith should be followed .
Many Hadith about the end times have already come true which has again proven that many if not all Hadith are true and should be followed.

6. Regarding the list of Sunnan. that looks like Mr Ghamidi's list of Sunnan and different scholars have derived different lists of Sunnan.
You look like a full-fledged follower of Mr. Ghamidi.

Edited by: asim2 on Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:21 AM
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  8:24 PM Reply with quote
Many Hadith about the end times have already come true which has again proven that many if not all Hadith are true and should be followed.

Sorry! Have I missed something? has the world come to an end!
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  8:31 PM Reply with quote
Assalam-uallaikum!
The Qur'an doesn't directly forbid music . The Qur'an also doesn't directly allow music. Don't hide one aspect of the fact.
Similarly The Qur'an doesn't directly forbid eating lions and the Qur'an doesn't directly allow eating lions. But we don't eat them.
Just for the sake of argument ,
Even if some forms of music were thought to have been heard or not forbidden, doesn't give you a blank cheque to listen to all types of music existing today.

I want to find out whether the Muslims today follow all the teachings of a particular sect or a particular scholar, how tolerant the Muslims are against opposing views , and whether the Muslims are determined to find out the truth or their version of the truth or their teacher's version of the truth, or some sect's version of the truth. How much Ayaat, Hadith, Sunnan do they use in these discussions.

... Say: ‘Allah misguides whoever He wills and guides to Himself all who turn to Him: those who believe and whose hearts find peace in the remembrance of Allah. Only in the remembrance of Allah can the heart find peace.’ (13:27-28)

Do you listen to music for peace or relaxation? then see the above Aayaat.

1. Music by non-Muslims, should Muslims listen to such music ?
2. Music by non-practicing Muslims who don't even follow basic commands, should Muslims listen to such music?
What kind of Music do you think is allowed in Islam ?
3. If you analyze the lives of Musicians in general, do they give good examples as obedient human beings ?
4. What benefit in the Hereafter will this music bring us?
5. What benefit in this world will this music bring us?
6. Will listening to music not waste our time?
7. Which forms of music existing today do you think are acceptable and which are unacceptable ?
8. Why do you listen to music ?
9. What positive effects does music have on your life?
10. What negative effects does music have on your life?

Note : If I don't reply for a long time , this will not mean I don't have an answer, rather I have decided to give alot lesser time to these discussions .

Edited by: asim2 on Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:28 AM
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  8:35 PM Reply with quote
perv1 you will find these web sites in the "Signs of the end" forum
Asim2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  8:43 PM Reply with quote
Signs of the end
Here are the web sites for the honest researchers.

www.signsofthelastday.com
www.jesuswillreturn.com/signs/signs_index.html
www.jesuswillreturn.com
www.truthofthisworld.com
www.dayofjudgment.com
www.paradiseintheQuran.com
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 31, 2005  -  10:25 PM Reply with quote
I do not understand why people on this board start fighting with each other every time we are having a good discussion. Please do not call each other fanatic or bad names, it is really immature.

We should respect each other's beliefs and ideas. Everyone has a right to believe in what they want to and what they think is the truth. Please do not force your own beliefs on others and if you think your belief is correct and everyone else is wrong and you must enforce your belief over others, then you are being a fundamentalist. Do not attack others if they do not agree with you.

Quran 2.256: Let there be no compulsion in religion.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 2 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker