AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, January 11, 2009  -  8:07 AM Reply with quote
Humanity Matters. News Letter

Newsletter Serving Humanity
Humanity Matters
Winter 08/09

When infliction hits the human-beings of any part of the world, it is a test for the rest of the humanity everywhere else whether they remain selfish and locked up in their comfy boxes, or they take some pain to discover how could they contribute to help their own kind; 'cause tomorrow it could be the other way round.

Dr.Henna Khan

Team Director

We had a busy summer through to Winter. Coordination with various Community Projects included:

Support for Earthquake Victims

Local Police PREVENT Dept. which helps coordinating with local Communities in order to assist resolving any prevailing issues in way of a progressive and peaceful living.

Celebration of Eid with local Community Services and Borough Council: Where the original message of Eidul Adha , sacrifice self desires to serve the humanity in order to please God, was promoted.

Parapet Breast Screening Services

Sexual Health Primary Care Trust

Cervical Screening Services-Bringing closer to various communities.

Family Clubs to bring Communities together in order to share and help.

Organizing Meetings amongst Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology UK, Member of Parliament and Member of House of Lords in order to develop a project to reduce Maternal Disease and Death in the Developing World.

If you wish to add any thing from your local community where you have initiated or supported a welfare project, send us on

Serving.humanity@gmail.com

You may send pictures.

The Previous Projects continue:

Volunteers, Pick & Choose:

MOBILE MATERNITY UNIT for some rural areas

There has been a step forward in this. We have met the speciality College (RCOG UK) Dept. of International Health in relevance to this in association with some local politicians and hoping that we can do it as a joint venture. Progress will be reported in this regard. Once successful, similar can then be achieved for other parts of the world in need.
Members interested to help this project please contact Mr.Ammar Tarin ammartarin@cyber.net.pk or Dr.Henna Khan hkhan135@aol.com

EARTHQUAKE RELIEF PROJECT

2005 Pakistan Earthquake Relief project in association with Kawish Welfare Trust. Any member who wishes to contribute, please contact Dr.Rizwan Haider wanriz@gmail.com

AMMA LIFE PROJECT

Memebrs who wish to contribute in this maternal and child health project in the 3rd world, presently African countries, please contact Dr.Arricomar a.coomarasamy@bham.ac.uk

LINKS added:

Stop Child Abuse

http://www.stopitnow.org/

Stop Child Poverty

http://www.stopchildpoverty.org/learn/bigpicture/

Stop Ignorance

http://www.lmfct.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&;id=6771&news_iv_ctrl=1282

Stop Alcohol Abuse

http://www.stopalcoholabuse.gov/

Stop Sexual indiscipline

No Link found (Please send one)

MediQ&A (Strictly confidential service)

Visitors can send their Q to the contact given on site. We shall add selected Q to the N.Letter and Q&A page on site.

Q:I Social Security has taken my 2 children away. They say I have gone crazy and cannot look after them anymore. But I feel my problem is spiritual. My neighbour is jealous of me. She hates me. They want to kill me. She makes loud noises in the night to disturb me so that I cant sleep.People are very racist here. It was better in my country,Ghana. My husband is not with me presently. But the Spirit has told me that he will come back one day.Social Security says I have to get myself assessed if I want my children back. Please give me a contact of Spiritual Counsellor. Thank you.F

A:We discussed your case with our volunteer spiritual counsellor Robert Gebka robertgebka@yahoo.co.uk and he spoke to you on phone.But he thinks you will benefit more from a Psychiatrist rather than his counselling.We also feel that you need help regarding your understanding of self and environment. Please see your GP/Personal Doctor in order to refer you to Psychiatrist who will then be able to make a report. In the meantime, contact your husband to stay in touch with children. We wish you all the best and pray that your worries come to an end.

Regards

Dr.Henna Khan

Hope you all start a happy,busy and fruitful year –full of energy to benefit yourselves and everyone else around you

--
Team at
Serving Humanity
www.serving-humanity.net
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 4, 2009  -  4:01 PM Reply with quote
AWW
I am Amel Beshir from Ethiopia and me and my friends are trying to group and help orphans and those muslims who have nothing to feed their kids and themselves. we are just starting. we need your dua as this has to be a sustained act.since you work to decrease maternal mortality, there are so many mothers who are dying of uterine rupture here in Ethiopia due to lack of transport money to reach to hospitals (as there are none i their visinity).just wanted to point it out if you could probably help.wesseamualeikum
ameleyeb@yahoo.com

Dear Amel
w'assalam(peace)

Thank you for your email and we appreciate your efforts. May God reward you.
we are fwding your email to our colleague Drs.who is involved with maternal mortality programmes in/around your areas. You may also write to them.

helen.smith@greyfriars.org.uk,
a.coomarasamy@bham.ac.uk

Best wishes

--
Team at
Serving Humanity
serving.humanity@gmail.com
www.serving-humanity.net

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker