Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
mbellos

NIGERIA
Topic initiated on Tuesday, April 28, 2009  -  10:57 PM Reply with quote
Swine Flu

Assalamoeleikum warahmatullahewabarakatuhu

I wanted to know what people from different faiths think about such viral infections. Do you believe that there is a factor of involvement of God? Like the rule of Punishment and Reward or Accountability in this world. Just like other natural disasters,Earthquakes, Tsunamis and others.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 29, 2009  -  6:36 AM Reply with quote
w'asssalam wrwb

i think believers should keep both the aspects in mind, of the physical reasons, cause, prevention & treatment~and ofcourse God; whenever a calamity falls, we must turn to Allah and ask forgiveness for our sins. (One of the the best dua' is that of our parents Adam and Eve:
----ربنا ظلمنا انفسنا
and lots of others from Qura'n and the Prophet sws sayings)
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, April 29, 2009  -  12:12 PM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

I agree with this,according to my understanding and knowledge this is one of the signs of day of judgement.

Regards,
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 30, 2009  -  1:27 AM Reply with quote
may Allah save us from His anger; i sit here and shiver with God's fear as i hear the repeated swine flu high alert news on local tv's while waiting for a return call from nhs direct after reporting a neighbour patient's case with the signs and symptoms of the same--looking through my window at the cars in the frontyard,parked quietly in the mild white solar street lamps, as dead bodies;with the crescent hanging from the sky,can't make it whether it's smiling or frowning at the humanity-- and i am thinking:
"how much more man has to wait to sense God in this extremely short term world he lives in as a traveller.."
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 30, 2009  -  11:28 AM Reply with quote
w'assalam fahad; nice to hear from u after a while
we hv been hearing very worrying news about khi. hope and pray all remains well.

rgds
narjis542003

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 5, 2009  -  11:37 PM Reply with quote
Salaam, you can spend you whole life wondering if this or that disaster is punishment from Allah/GOD, and more than likely you will have wasted a lot of time. I prefer to remind myself that ALL of LIFE whether good or bad is a test for me. How I respond or react to the test is what's important. Allah/GOD is in control of all, sees all, and knows all. If He has destined me to die in a disaster or in sleep, why should I worry? My "job" is to do the very best with what I am given and trust the outcome to my Allah/GOD.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, July 17, 2009  -  11:00 PM Reply with quote
KEY POINTS

GP consultation rates in England for individuals presenting with flu-like illness show increased rates, above the threshold level for normal seasonal flu activity and higher than the peak activity in winter 08/09.

The under-5s and 5-14 year olds are the age groups predominantly affected.

The majority of cases continue to be mild with 29 deaths in England to date.

HPA estimates that there were 55,000 new cases of swine flu last week (range 30,000 – 85,000).
This estimate is based on latest weekly consultation rates for flu-like illness, taking into consideration positivity rates for swine flu H1N1 from HPA’s virological sampling and a range of assumptions related to the numbers of people attending their GP.

INTERNATIONAL SUMMARY
Total of Confirmed Cases reported by European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) (Update 17:00 CEST 14 July 2009)
Grand total of cases confirmed
Total of deaths reported
Table 1: Countries with more than 1000 laboratory-confirmed cases reported, as at 14 July (in addition to UK).
Country
Cumulative total number of cases reported
Cumulative total number of deaths reported
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Canada
Chile
China (mainland)
China (Hong Kong)
Japan
Mexico
New Zealand
Peru
Philippines
Singapore
Spain
Thailand
USA

Following the move from laboratory testing for confirmation of swine flu (H1N1v) to clinical diagnosis of cases, the level of flu in the community is being monitored using a range of surveillance mechanisms. These enable HPA to accurately estimate flu levels, monitor new and emerging viruses and identify trends in activity. Our experience over many flu seasons means we can confidently continue to monitor the incidence and distribution of this pandemic virus over the summer and beyond.
A more detailed UK weekly epidemiology update can be accessed at:

accessed at:

http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&;;Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1242949541993?p=1242949541993

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker