PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, May 2, 2009  -  3:32 PM Reply with quote
Muslim Scholards

http://www.famousmuslims.com/scholars.htm
mehwish

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 4, 2009  -  10:49 AM Reply with quote
slaam:
just want to know are the women allowed to visit the mazaars?somebody told me that its forbidden for women but i really want to confirm with you as well if it is forbidden then why?
please explain me.
thank you
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 5, 2009  -  6:13 AM Reply with quote
salam mehwish~welcome:)
and why do u wish to visit mazars
mehwish

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 5, 2009  -  12:46 PM Reply with quote
no, it's not me.my mum is visiting and i told her about what i have heard.but still if you can tell me the truth.that would be great help.
thank you
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, May 5, 2009  -  7:38 PM Reply with quote
quote:

no, it's not me.my mum is visiting and i told her about what i have heard.but still if you can tell me the truth.that would be great help.
thank you

And why does your mom visit mazars? can you ask her and tell us?
muneerkasri

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, May 7, 2009  -  12:24 PM Reply with quote
Women are not allowed to visit Graveyard or Mazaars. It has been said by Holy Prophet.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, May 8, 2009  -  5:46 AM Reply with quote
men and women both must not visit mazars as they do the acts of shirk there asking the saints/dead saints to listen to their supplications
legrangedl

SOUTH AFRICA
Posted - Friday, May 8, 2009  -  5:34 PM Reply with quote
Is it permissable to drink a glass of wine even though you do not get intoxicated from it?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, May 10, 2009  -  3:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:

men and women both must not visit mazars as they do the acts of shirk there asking the saints/dead saints to listen to their supplications
My research on the subject has brought to light two categories of people who go to 'mazars'(graves of those who are considered to be awliya of allah)

Category 1. Those who very well know that those in the graves are in a different plane called barzakh from where they can neither hear us nor can be communicated by us.

Such people visit the Mazars to send their Salams to the person in the grave and ask Allah to increase their comforts in barzakh and later in heaven for all that they have done to humanity. They also ask Allah some personal favours for having come all the way and prayed for the 'awliya' at the Mazar.

They believe that Allah would be pleased with such an act on their part and solve their worldy problems.

Such an act is not recomended in Islam and hence is an innovation (bidah).

Category 2. are those who believe that the people in the grave can hear and communicate with you as well as intercede with Allah on your behalf to get your present worldly problems solved.

Such an act is Shirk.

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:57 AM
mehwish

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 10, 2009  -  6:27 PM Reply with quote
Thank you so much.It really helped.now i know the truth about marraza and i will try to stop my mum for not to go to the mazzars.
thank you again
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 10, 2009  -  7:16 PM Reply with quote
Well, we have to understand that when we visit shrine or mazaar we should not make supplication to the deceased. As long as we do not violate the basic principle of tawheed I see no reason why we can't visit a shrine. We can go there out of shear respect for these great people and make prayer for their salvation. We do the same when we visit prophet's grave in Madina!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 10, 2009  -  11:15 PM Reply with quote
salam lofty; nice to c u back~after a while though how was your break.
I think Madina is different.There visitors are cecked persistently by watch-dogs. Any shirk-resembling act,even moaning or weeping near the rauza mubarak,and out you go !
In India & Pakistan , Srilanka, Bangladesh and similar areas, no such check is available. Literacy rate amongst the general visitors is tremendously low. Hence it's the state's duty to either educate the people or restrict such visits and open shrines.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, May 11, 2009  -  6:40 AM Reply with quote
lofty - Posted - Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 7:16 PM
quote:

Well, we have to understand that when we visit shrine or mazaar we should not make supplication to the deceased. As long as we do not violate the basic principle of tawheed I see no reason why we can't visit a shrine. We can go there out of shear respect for these great people and make prayer for their salvation. We do the same when we visit prophet's grave in Madina!
What? You pray for the salvation of the Prophet?

quote:

Meaning of Salvation: Literature & Language > Dictionaryn.

1. Preservation or deliverance from destruction, difficulty, or evil.

2. Deliverance from the power or penalty of sin; redemption.

Where is it prescribed for a Muslim to Pray for the Salvation of the Prophet?

Edited by: aboosait on Monday, May 11, 2009 6:43 AM
mehwish

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 11, 2009  -  4:05 PM Reply with quote
thank you all for your help.i have told my mum about going to mazzars she said "we are not saying that 'please can you help us to solve my problem'.that's shirk.we ask our ALLAH from their reference".That what she said and here i want to let you know that she goes to DATA SAHIB in Lahore,Pakistan.
And the other thing ever after telling her that it is forbidden in Islam to go to the mazzars but she still want to go what shell i do?
Would i be asking about that after my death or not?
please help me out thank you
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, May 13, 2009  -  11:56 AM Reply with quote
quote:

...... she said

*we are not saying that 'please can you help us to solve my problem'.that's shirk.

*we ask our ALLAH from their reference".
Thanks for that clarification. Jazakallahu khair.

Not only your mother, a large number of the Muslims have been used to saying in their supplications for centuries such things as:

'O Allaah by the right of your Prophet...,' or

'by the right of the Sacred House...forgive me.;

'O Allaah by the right of the Awliyaa and the pious, and so and so etc.' Or

'O Allaah by the honour of the men of Allaah to You, and by the honour of those in whose presence we are, and under whose assistance we exist, relieve us and the distressed from all distress'

It is because of misinterpretation of the following Verse of the Qur'an.

Allah says in the Qur’aan:

“O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach (al-Waseelah) to Him, and strive hard in His Cause as much as you can. So that you may be successful.”[Soorah al-Maidah (5): 35]

Al-waseelah in the present context means that you draw near to Him by obedience to Him and through actions that are pleasing to Him. (as explained by Ibn Abbas RA and Qatadah RA and recorded by Ibn Kathir)

It does not mean directly supplicating to the dead saints.

It also does not mean seeking ‘Tawassul’ through the status and honor of the Prophets and saints,

as these two interpretations are inventions of Sufis.

Tawassul in the Qur’aan and the Sunnah:

The correct means of Tawassul are three…

1. Tawassul by means of Allah’s Beautiful Names,

2. Tawassul by means of righteous deeds of the supplicant and,

3. Tawassul by means of a supplication made by a righteous (living) person.

For a detailed explanation of these three methods in the light of Qur'an and Sunnah, please click on the following link.

http://www.ahya.org/tjonline/eng/07/01Waseelah.html

Please read and understand the matter thoroughly and then try to explain to your mother. Insha Allah she will agree with you.

If the link does not work please inform me so that I shall copy and paste the Verses and Ahadith in support of the above three approved methods of Tawassul Insha Allah.

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:01 PM
imran100k

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 3, 2009  -  2:03 AM Reply with quote
Slaam H Khan,
My question to you would be that why we as muslims when performing Hajj or Umra kiss the black stone. I assure you when a non muslims see this act they straight away believe that it is the stone which is being worshipped. I am told it is mentioned in a hadith that the prophet PBUH kissed the stone when installing it and it is a sunna. However my question would be why would islam allow a act which emulates what the kufar use to do and secondly I have seen many ppl from different countries who believe that stone is now black because it sucks the sins of the muslims. Astakhferulla, we are giving a attribute of Allah which is forgiveness to a stone. They claim it is from heaven. I assure I have seen the stone very closely and if the stones in heaven are like that then one wonders how beautiful the heaven would be.

I have my doubts on this practice and I believe it was used nothing more then a marker to start your tawaf. please give your comments

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker