Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Sue786

SOUTH AFRICA
Topic initiated on Friday, May 8, 2009  -  4:25 PM Reply with quote
converting from islam to christianity

I have a family member that has converted. what is the punishment for him and what is our punishment if we had to accommodate this conversion. islamic punishment.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 10, 2009  -  7:21 PM Reply with quote
None. There is nothing that you can do about it. "There is no compulsion in religion" (Surah Baqra). You have to make sure that you treat him/her exactly the same way you treated him/her before the conversion.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 10, 2009  -  10:38 PM Reply with quote
also check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Y6WpnFKJM
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 11, 2009  -  1:33 PM Reply with quote
I understand that the speaker in the video is pointing out that the narrative of killing the apostates is applicable only in the time of the Holy Prophet(PBUH). But my question is, if someone renounces Islam in the present time, he actually denies Allah and His messenger. That person rejects the truth even after knowing it, so why isn't his punishment death? Why isnt this directive eternal? Why limited for just that period in time?
Sue786

SOUTH AFRICA
Posted - Monday, May 11, 2009  -  3:07 PM Reply with quote
because i have heard that we should have anything to do with them, not even have a cup of water from their house.. is this true?
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, May 16, 2009  -  1:59 PM Reply with quote
both these Q are replied in the talk if u listen carefully.
it was only the prophet of the time who had a right from God to destroy the people who changed their belief to something else during the times when God had declared him as the messenger.because this was clearly denying the God himself; none of us have this authority since the last prophet sws, even if muslims are in power & within their own state.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker