Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, May 16, 2009  -  2:39 AM Reply with quote
Is Abortion Haram?

Salams,

Your opinions about allowing abortions before the soul joins the body are incorrect and you are completely mistaken in permitting the termination of a sacred human life which Allah has created.

According to that same hadith, it is Allah swt who decides the fate of the child, whether he or she will have a long life or what illnesses and disability that Allah will test him/her with.

You are misreading the prophet's hadith when you know the full implication in Arabic text.

Under no circumstances has the prophet ever given anyone the license to allow abortion of (unborn) babies or the murder of any child - period!

Life starts at conception as the Quran states that Allah created man from a drop of mingled fluid. Scientifically and Islamically the formation of a human being does not start only when the soul joins the body and the related hadith is not a license to give you free will to attempt to destroy life that Allah swt has created. The prophet pbuh NEVER ever stated that was the malicious reason of his hadith, otherwise according to your same illogical analogy then anyone can murder a sleeping human being because yet again the soul is not present in the body and get away with murder.

The killing of children, whether they are born or unborn is explicitly forbidden in the Quran in more than one instance. Must I remind you the verses even though you call yourselves scholars?

Don't forget, the punishment for abortion is clearly murder in the hadiths, for which the mother has to pay blood money for every morsel of flesh and bone for the child. And you will attain the sin for any reader who embarks on this path to sin.

In fact in Islam, a woman who dies during child birth is considered a martyr escapes your reasoning!

I am very disgusted to find that Muslim scholars are treating human life that was always known as sacred in Islam as a piece of burden or dirt to be rid of. Even the non Muslims care for their sick, their disabled and blind far better than us. We should be ashamed for our weakness of thought and lack of Islamic perception in such important and grave matters.

Edited by: thameena on Saturday, May 16, 2009 3:59 AM

hv edited the title T; "aborton is Haram" to " is abortion haram?" in order to leave a room for discussion:)salam~

Edited by: hkhan on Friday, June 12, 2009 8:56 AM
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, May 16, 2009  -  3:51 AM Reply with quote
Forgotten Islamic Rights of the Unborn Child

"And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely, the killing of them is a GREAT SIN." Quran (17:31).

Simply no person, in Islam is allowed to tamper with the unborn child which is safely lodged in the woman's womb.

Allah says: And We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term. (22:5)

Allah swt has never given any scholar the right to terminate an unborn child's life growing inside the womb of a mother's body.

Why do you think that Allah swt has lodged the unborn child in such a safe haven, such a private place - inside a woman's womb? Is it only for you to give fatwas allowing someone to tamper with a woman's body and disturb Allah's creation and murder the unborn child's existence just because at the initial stage it is too small for you to feel it's significance?

Every cell of your body, every DNA code has a significance in your life, so who gives you the right to destroy someone else's cells, their DNA and right to life?

Who gave you that right to decide at what stage it is a human being or not when it is so obvious according to the Quran and hadith, that it is a human being as Allah himself has told you specifically in the Quran in full detail how a human being is created in various stages starting from conception.

Have you no sense?

Where is the evidence either from the Quran or the hadiths that allows a woman to terminate the life of her child?

When did Allah swt or the prophet ever give you that right to allow abortion?

What about the fact that you too once in an "embryonic" stage? Everyone has to go through stages in order to exist in this world. There is no formation of a human being unless it goes through the initial stages of embryonic life.

So who are you to tempt weaker Muslims into sin and into tampering with another human being's existence by murdering and destroying it?

Do you have a clue of the Islamic rights of the unborn child?

Have you never read Islamic hadiths about how the adulteress who is pregnant has to wait until she gives birth to her child and then has to wait further until the child is fully weaned before any penalty befalls her?

And how on earth is an unborn child to form into an adult human being if you end its life beforehand?

Have you not read the Quran on what the divorced woman should do?

Have you never read verses in the Quran of the pledge of the Muslim woman to Allah that they will never murder their children?

Or are you all just plain blind and you don't want to see or read in context?

And what if that child was YOU?

What gives you the full security that Allah will overlook your sins in encouraging murder of others?

The unlawful killing of a single individual human being equal to mass murder of the whole of mankind: "Because of that, We ordained for the children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or for spreading mischief on earth, it would be as if he killed all mankind. And who saved a life, it would be as if he saved all mankind." (Al-Maidah,5:32)

Say: Come I will recite what your Lord has forbidden to you -- (remember) that you do not associate anything with Him and show kindness to your parents, and do not slay your children for (fear of) poverty -- We provide for you and for them -- and do not draw nigh to indecencies, those of them which are apparent and those which are concealed, and do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except for the requirements of justice; this He has enjoined you with that you may understand. (Quran 6:151)

He makes you in the wombs of your mothers, in stages, one after another, in three veils of darkness. Such is God, your Lord and Cherisher: to Him belongs (all) dominion. There is no god but He: then how are you turned away (from your true center)? (39:6)

It is He Who created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot; then does He get you out (into the light) as a child; then lets you (grow and) reach your age of full strength, then lets you become old-though of you there are some who die before-and lets you reach a term appointed; in order that you may learn wisdom. (40:67)

To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills (and plans). He bestows (children) male or female according to His Will (and Plan). Or He bestows both males and females, and He leaves barren whom He will: for He is full of Knowledge and Power. Quran 42:49-50

O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily, We have created you (i.e. Adam) from dust, then from a nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharges), then from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood) then from a little lump of flesh - partly formed and partly unformed - that We make it clear to you (i.e. to show you our Power and ability to do what We Will). And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then (give you growth) that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known. (22:5)

O Prophet! When believing women come to thee to take the oath of fealty to thee, that they will not associate in worship any other thing whatever with Allah, that they will not steal, that they will not commit adultery (or fornication), that they will not kill their children, that they will not utter slander, intentionally forging falsehood, and that they will not disobey thee in any just matter,- then do thou receive their fealty, and pray to Allah for the forgiveness (of their sins): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (60:12)

Edited by: thameena on Saturday, May 16, 2009 4:02 AM
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, May 16, 2009  -  4:23 AM Reply with quote
Also read:

Principles of Human Development Derivable from the Qur'an and Hadith

By Salisu Shehu

Wasalam
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, May 16, 2009  -  2:09 PM Reply with quote
welcome, salam thameena. nice to see you back, after a while though
you can surely differ in ur opinion and present your points as we hv done in the you tube talk of the Dean of the site you heard(perhaps thats what you are referring to?) but starting your arguement by the words like"your opinion is incorrect" is not going to take us any further

various reasons for our understanding have been explained in the talk, if you do not agree with this, you can still hold your opinion. we are not here to convert eachother
hamroun12

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 26, 2009  -  8:09 AM Reply with quote
"In fact in Islam, a woman who dies during child birth is considered a martyr escapes your reasoning! "

Please, refer to surah 2.233 "A mother should not be made to suffer because of her child"

In islam abortion is permissible only if the life of the mother is in danger. Or it is the lesser of two evils. Take gods example in his massacre of the first-born children of Egypt.

The punishment is not felt in worldly terms, but in the afterlife in eternal punishment.
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 8, 2009  -  9:48 PM Reply with quote
Salams,

I am not arguing. I am making an Islamic point and trying to project justice to the rights of the unborn child.

In any case people are allowed to argue in Islam, but Muslims should not quarrel and I am not quarreling just pointing out that this issue needs to be addressed seriously because it is totally unislamic and unjust. The prophet pbuh never ever allowed abortion in any case. The Quran is also clear on this matter, (see the verses in my above posts and read the Quran).
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 8, 2009  -  9:51 PM Reply with quote
Salams Haroun,

The issue is not simple as you make it out to be and that verse you posted has absolutely nothing to do with allowing abortion. I am referring to the scholars decision, who know which issue I am raising, So let's leave the subject at that. I have stated what I wanted to say.

Edited by: thameena on Monday, June 08, 2009 9:53 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 9, 2009  -  7:05 AM Reply with quote
thx all for ur input.
detailed study of all the Qur'anic verses and prophetic sayings sws in regard of termination of pregnancy and comparing all this literature to the modern embryology prove that termination can be done untill 16 weeks of pregnancy.
any further queries can be sent to the incharge and lead researcher of 'almawrid hadith cell', moiz amjad, on:
moiz@drukul.com

sala'm
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 9, 2009  -  7:23 AM Reply with quote
or to query@studying-islam.org
dubmuz

IRELAND
Posted - Sunday, August 30, 2009  -  4:15 PM Reply with quote
Hi- I'm from Ireland where abortion is illegal - don't tell me that the catholics have better morals than Muslims- Abortion is killing the unborn child and is haram...you can twist hadiths watever way you like- I have 6 children mashallah- If I had had an abortion one of my children would be dead at my hands and that my friend is MURDER.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker