Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, August 3, 2009  -  9:57 AM Reply with quote
can't cook or won't cook..../east & west!!

the other day we had an informal dinner for some guests at home. am quoting a piece of conversation which may give u a smile

A: East is so emotional. Even if a woman's 'dopatta' (piece of cloth around the neck/head)slips a bit , a whole sentimental ghazal/poetry is said about it. In the West women walk on the roads without wearing much and no one cares.

B:well, why must they just sit & write ghazal/poetry in the west when they have chosen to remain free to do whatever they wish to. Only those must write poetry who can't do anything else....(whether restricted by religion or self)
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 7, 2009  -  7:47 PM Reply with quote
This made me laugh soooo much u r really funny
But Eastern or Muslim people practice this restraint deliberately with their choice don't they? To please God and spare themselves from His wrath?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, August 29, 2009  -  5:28 PM Reply with quote
quote:

This made me laugh soooo much u r really funny
But Eastern or Muslim people practice this restraint deliberately with their choice don't they? To please God and spare themselves from His wrath?
Restraint? I thought the joke was about the Indians whiling away their precious time writing gazals and ash'ar on the opposite gender.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker