Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
dubmuz

IRELAND
Topic initiated on Sunday, August 30, 2009  -  12:20 AM Topic is locked
how sick do you have to be- not to fast?

I have had flu and finished the antibiotic today but my throat still hurts and I have lots of sticky mucus in my throat- to be honest, I don't think fasting will help the situation but I don't want my husband to think that I'm weak and just making excuses... I plan to fast but if my throat hurts can I keep fasting or would it be more halal to drink as Allah doesn't want us to harm ourselves- I had possible mild swine flu which developed into bronchitis...any advice is much appreciated -thanks
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, August 30, 2009  -  7:14 AM 
Dear Sister.Salam. What do you mean by not wanting your huband to feel you are weak? Are you fasting for your husband? Ths is something you must look at. Vwry important matter of intention. All your fasts and ibadah can go to waste if you do it to please or impress your husband or anyone else other than Allah subhanhu watala. Anyway, I think you should only fast when you recover fully.I don't know what the moderators think.Fasting is an opportunity to inculcate patience and steadfastness within you and you can do this exercise best when you are feeling fit.Then in later days whenever you will be sick, you will feel stronger and patient.
dubmuz

IRELAND
Posted - Sunday, August 30, 2009  -  4:10 PM 
Wa alaikum salam, I am fasting today alhamdulilah- I had 4 spoons of honey before sleep and it worked mashallah. Obviously I'm fasting for Allah-regarding the husband- mashallah he helps keep me on the straight path and he wouldn't be happy if he thought that I was making excuses to take the easy way out- so I took the more difficult path today- fasting with hardship but inshallah I will get reward. I understand the importance of intention but thanks for your advice, I'll bear it in mind.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker