Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
yassirmalak

BELGIUM
Topic initiated on Thursday, November 12, 2009  -  8:24 PM Reply with quote
Need clarifications on some matters

AOA to everyone,

Recently I have had some very interesting discussions with a fellow friend of mine, who is an ahmadi, which I totally respect because he is free to follow whatever believes he fits best suits him as I do for myself.

But during these discuss as we exchange our opinions and our believes and I on my side try to figure out how and where they go wrong and explain to him why I believe in my faith, is it not to force him or anything… but only to may be point out weak points in their theory or vice versa.

So I am looking some clarification on things I have read in recent days which seems to be where we differ from ahmadi.

1). Could you please show me where in Quran or sunnah its mentioned that Hazrat Muhammad PBUB is the final prophet and there shall be non other after him, I know there is this confusion about “seal of prophets” where the ahmadi people derive their principal belief. I would like a clear explanation in light of Quran or sunnah. I recently saw on youtube Mr. Javed Ahmed Ghamidi with regards to ahmadi people, in which he presented his opinion that he beleieved clearly that there is to be no more prophets after Harzat Muhammad PBUH, could someone eloborate the basis of his opinion?

2). And resurrection of Jesus Christ PBHU, is this mentioned in Quran itself? Could you please elaborate why and what points to his return.

3). Why would someone proclaim himself as a prophet, if us we were always taught that Hazrat Muhammad PBUH was the last prophet…I mean where are the weak points that lead to such a false claim?

4). Is there a mention of “Mehdi” in Quran or sunnah itself?

Thank you,

P.S please my questions are not to offend anyone in anyway… it is to reconfirm my faith and understanding it better than just follow what I was taught only.

Edited by: yassirmalak on Friday, November 13, 2009 7:06 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 13, 2009  -  11:34 AM Reply with quote
WS brother
Pl visit the following link & let us know if you do not get answers of your Qs:
http://monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=293
Tariq Hashmi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 13, 2009  -  5:09 PM Reply with quote
I just wanted to learn why do we need a clear negation of a future Prophet in the Qur'an? I think it is upon the person claiming to be a Prophet or something like a Prophet to bring evidence from the previous communications of God Almighty. All the Prophets were foretold in the earlier revelations and they established thier claim on the basis of existing revelations and on the fact that the people were waiting for them. Muslims have never been waiting for a new Prophet and they do not find in thier Scripture that such a Prophet would be coming.

BELGIUM
Posted - Friday, November 13, 2009  -  6:03 PM Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies...

Thing is i have already read what you had suggested in the link... but it doesnt offer what i needed... what i would like to know is if Hazrat Muhammad PBUH is the seal of prophets and that there arnt any more to come then this should be mentioned very clearly ? if so where exactly in the Quran or Sunnah?

I also have a new question, to be a muslim what are the main conditions to fulfill ? i know them but i wanna be clear about them as i am curious to know why we can call ahmadi non-muslims...

My questions regards "Mehdi" & "second coming of Jesus Christ PBUH" was already answered while i did some search on "renaissance.com"

Thanks

Edited by: yassirmalak on Friday, November 13, 2009 6:04 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, November 17, 2009  -  10:15 AM Reply with quote
as far as i hv understood this, although ahmadis also declare their belief in one God and testify Muhammad sws as His messenger & this Q was raised in the parliament some time ago that why to declare them non muslims despite this fact.
one reason given was that if they believe in Allah and Muhammad sws, and they believe in Qur'an as the last revelation revealed to Muhammad sws, Qur'an clearly calls Muhammad sws 'khatamal nabyeen' .the last of the prophetic chain.
for this ahmadis give the interpretation that khatim is only for the reason that no prophet will come who will bring a new shariah but otherwise prophets can continue to come.
the answer given to this point was that besides Qur'an we look at the sunnah of the prophets and every prophet /book has given glad tidings about the following prophet whereas neither Qura'n nor prophet Muhammad sws himself ever mentioned the coming of another prophet follwing him.
also among the ahmadis there are two groups;one believes that mirza ahmad was a prophet, the other recognizes him as a reformer only.
yassirmalak

BELGIUM
Posted - Wednesday, November 18, 2009  -  8:17 AM Reply with quote
thanks for the detailed reply, i also found out similar facts while my searching.

I would just like to ask one last question, if you could please give me some detailed explination of this verse from Quran, its significance, meaning, at what time was the situtation upon us muslium? what was the goal ?

AL-JUMUA (THE CONGREGATION, FRIDAY)

YUSUFALI: It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom,- although they had been, before, in manifest error;-
PICKTHAL: He it is Who hath sent among the unlettered ones a messenger of their own, to recite unto them His revelations and to make them grow, and to teach them the Scripture and wisdom, though heretofore they were indeed in error manifest,
SHAKIR: He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Messenger from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,

Here are the three translations i found...

thanks for your help.

Edited by: yassirmalak on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:18 AM
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, November 18, 2009  -  8:56 AM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

I was reading your discussion and would like to give
my views as well. A question should be asked to all
the Ahmadis that if having a Prophet after Muhammad(pbuh) was so important then why did Allah(swt) clearly mentioned in the Qur'an that this book is a complete source of guidance for entire mankind?
Why do these Ahmadis think that their is a need of Prophet in a time when the divine messege of God is complete?

Why didnot Prophet(pbuh) clearly mention about the arrival of another Prophet after him?
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 19, 2009  -  6:57 AM Reply with quote
Another question that should be asked to all the Ahmadis,
that when a non-muslim especially a Christian embraces
Islam,why doesnot he prefer Ahmadis version but instead adheres and believes in the mainstream teachings of Islam eg. Abdul Raheem Green a British Islamic Scholar who himself gave reasons for accepting the mainstream Islam.
Another example we have is Yousif Estes who was a Christian and hated Islam but He is now one of the main Islamic Scholars,why didnot he embrace Ahmadisim if it is the true version of Islam?

Further questions for Ahmadis,if they really think that the Prophethood of Muhammad(pbuh) mentioned in the Qur'an doesnot refer to his finality as a Messenger then how come this issue was not raised after the death of Prophet(pbuh) by any of his companions especially the 4th rightly guided Caliphs? We see even during Medival Times when Muslims were enjoying their Golden Age never raised such issues?

Why didnot Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) during his last sermon mention about the arrival of another Prophet?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker