Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
abunoman

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, December 21, 2009  -  9:08 AM Reply with quote
Hazrat Umar RA and first day of Muharram

Hazrat Umar RA and first day of Muharram

Muharram is the first month of muslim’s calendar year. On the fist day of Muharram Hazrat Umar RA was martyred by Feroz Lulu – the Iranian slave of Hazrat Mugheera Bin Sha’ba RA.

Hazrat Umar RA remained Ameer ul Momineen for 10 years 6 months and 4 days.

There are numerous Sahih ahadith regarding the nobility, grandeur and sublimity of Hazrat Umar RA. The entire muslim ummah is convinced on the fact that after all the messangers of Allah, Hazrat Abu Bakr RA stands at the highest esteemed position and after him Hazrat Umar RA. A very few ahadith are presented here.

Once the son of Hazrat Ali RA asked his father who is the best person after Hazrat Muhammad SWA, Hazrat Ali RA said “ Hazrat Abu Bak RA, then he further asked “who after him”, Hazrat Ali RA said “ Hazrat Umar RA’. I (son of Hazrat Ali RA) thought after Hazrat Umar RA, my father – Hazrat Ali RA – will name Hazrat Usman RA, so I myself said after him you are the best. At this Hazrat Ali RA said “ I am simply a muslim amongst other muslims”. (Bukhari-vol-1, page-517, Abu Dauood-Vol 2, page 288)

In Sahih Bukhari it has been narrated by Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah Ra that Hazrat Muhammad SAW said “ While dreaming I found myself entering into Jannah where I also saw Romesa -the wife of Harat Abu Talha RA- and while hearing the sound of some footsteps I enquired who is this. Someone said it is Bilal (RA). Then I saw a palace where a young woman was sitting. I asked whose palace is this. Someone said that this is that of Hazrat Umar RA. Then I decided to enter into the palace to see it. But O! Umar at that moment I remembered about your self-esteem (ghairat). At this point Hazrat Umar RA said may my mother and father sacrifice for you, O ! Rasool ul Allah SWA will I prefer my self-esteem (ghairat) over you.

At another place it is narrated that at this point Hazrat Umar RA started crying perhaps with joy. At another place it is narrated that Hazrat Umar RA said O 1 Rasool ul Allah it is because of whom we are rewarded with true guidance and resprct. ( Fatah ul Bari 7/55)

In another hadith in Sahih Bukhari it is narrated by Hazrat Abu Hurrairah RA that Hazrat Muhammad SA said that earlier there used to be few people in Bani-Israil who were revealed (ilham) upon by Allah although they were not Nabi (messengers of Allah). If there is any person amongst my ummah capable of being revealed (ilham) upon by Allah, it is Umar (RA).

In another narration the word ‘Mohaddith’ is also used for Hazrat Umar RA, meaning that he was used to be revealed upon by correct / true things. At another place it is referred that truth always used to engulf his (Hazrat Umar’s) heart (qalb) and tongue. (Fatah ul Bari 7/62)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker