Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aslam

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, December 21, 2003  -  5:58 PM Reply with quote
Study of the Quran!

Salams,
How should one draw maximum benefits out of the Quran?
ayesha

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, December 21, 2003  -  11:36 PM Reply with quote
How do you suggest should one?

As for me, the best thing one can do (specifically talking about a lay person) is to concentrate on the message and read and re-read and go through various explanations. Other than that, one should try one's level best to implement the message in one's life practically.

If the Quran commands you not to hurt people, for example, and you stop yourself from hurting people consiously, then you are on your way to drawing maximum benefits from the message.

And yes, one very important factor is keeping an open mind while reading the Quran. One must always put aside any pre conceived notions wile trying to comprehend the word of God as that is the only way how a revolution can be brought about in one's life.

My mind goes only thus far. I would like to hear your comments.

Regards.
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 24, 2003  -  6:18 PM Reply with quote
Salams,
Thank you for your perceptive comments!
I think, as you have hinted at,many things in the Quran can be understood if one acts upon them.For example,one can understand Taqwa better if one practices Taqwa or striving to become Mutaqi.
Pre-conceived biases,i think, is a great hindrance in the comprehension of the Quran.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, January 14, 2004  -  12:31 AM Reply with quote
Yes, the message should be assimilated into our lives, though acting upon the message will be another difficult task to tackle. Determination and commitment is required with the courage to start the journey all over again as and when one errs.
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 15, 2004  -  6:36 PM Reply with quote
Salams,
To assimilate the message of the Quran into our lives I,ve found Quranic study circles very useful.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 15, 2004  -  8:06 PM Reply with quote
You are right. This helps. I think things that help us treadig the right path can vary from person to person. For some, participation in intellectual study of the Qur'an may be helpful and for someone else, listening to the recitation of the Holy Qur'an would be more effective and for others, spending time in mosque may bring desired results efficaciously. No disputing the fact that every good deed helps us further on the road to piety yet there are acts which help one more and the other a little less according to personal tendencies. Right?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker