Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
leticia

UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLAND
Topic initiated on Tuesday, February 2, 2010  -  4:42 PM Reply with quote
juz and siparah

What is the difference between juz and siparah? Are they the same thing? If so, who uses juz and siparah?
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 7, 2010  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
yes they are the same words. seepara is urdu(originally persian word)and juz(meaning a part)is an Arabic word.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 7, 2010  -  4:42 PM Reply with quote
Jzakallah brother Aslam for helping us in the reply.

Yes leticia! he's right. However, i wud like to correct one thing here. The persian word siparah actually means 30 paras as si means 30. Therefore the word equal to Juz is Parah.

Moreover, as this is not a Divinic division of Quran, so there are some differences in its demarkation made in Arab countries & here in Indo-Pak. This difference is of no significance as Qur'an is same from the start till end.
maheen328

BAHRAIN
Posted - Tuesday, August 24, 2010  -  10:57 AM Reply with quote
Since you use the Arabic word for all the other divisions (ayah, surah, hizb, manzil)and further subdivisions (rub, nisf, thuluth), why have you chosen the Persian word "siparah" rather than the Arabic word "juz" in the course module? Was the division of the Quran into 30 parts done by non-Arabs?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 25, 2010  -  5:07 PM Reply with quote
We have chosen the word of 'Para' & 'Sipara' just bcoz these words are more common in our part of the world and 'Juz' is not.
I'm not sure but I don't think that non-Arabs created the division of 30 Parts.
maheen328

BAHRAIN
Posted - Wednesday, August 25, 2010  -  5:28 PM Reply with quote
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Just as a matter of curiosity, how many ayats are there in the Quran? The best answer I could find was "approximately 6300". Why an approximation(?), I wondered. Is there some disagreement among scholars as to the exact number?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 26, 2010  -  3:28 PM Reply with quote
u r always welcome dear sister!

Total verses in the Quran are more than 6000. Actually there are 7 famous countings of them & the number is different in all of them. Don't worry dear! Quran is common among all of them From Bismilah of Surah Fatiha to the last verse of Surah Naas. The difference is due to the demarkation of verses. For example:
Is bismillah an independent verse of each surah or verse of Surah Fatiha only or Not an independent verse
&
Like In Fatihah, the last verse is fm "Siraat allazeena ... Zaalleen" or they are two verses and 1st ends at "un'amta 'laihim"
etc.
maheen328

BAHRAIN
Posted - Thursday, August 26, 2010  -  4:27 PM Reply with quote
Thank you again for a prompt reply.

Yes, alhamdulillah the Quran is the same for all Muslims -- always has been and always will be. And for some questions, the only answer is Allahu a'alam.
Abdullah7

USA
Posted - Wednesday, September 8, 2010  -  4:13 AM Reply with quote
I read in the text provided for module one that Suyuti writes "the reason that the scholars have differed on the number of verses of the Qur'an is that the Prophet(sws)used to pause at the end of a certain verse. When the place of pause became known, he would read the next verse such that he would join the previous one with it without pausing. A person who happened to hear this reading would think that there is no pause between the two verses [and they are actually one]." Is this true?

Edited by: Abdullah7 on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:16 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2010  -  4:00 AM Reply with quote
U r always welcome Maheen.

U r right that for many Qs only Allah knows better BUT however we should keep on searching to find answers of our Qs & our total understaning must be based on strong reasoning & there's NO HARM on keep on changing views as far as U r getting convinced from the upcoming arguments. I wud love to see U putting on & on your Qs in search of getting the truth.

&

Yes Abdullah it looks true as it is quite natural. Do u hv any Q?
kamal_kothari

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, April 17, 2011  -  10:10 AM Reply with quote
Hello friends, I am very new here, just joined. Am Hindu from India and here to learn Koran teachings. Need your help as I have zero knowledge. Am a student of Vedanta for several years. Sincerely wish to understand the teachings here, and also make some new friends. :)
Thank you Mr Hafiz Muhammad Ibrahim Sheikh for being my moderator and Guide.

God bless.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, April 22, 2011  -  5:38 AM Reply with quote
hi Komal! a very WARM welcome to you here. Nice to know all about YOU n your wishes. may Allah help U learn Quran & Islam.
you are always MOST welcome & it'll be our pleasure to help you in your learning & guide you what & where you'll ask.
Regards
Ibrahim
demndi

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 20, 2011  -  6:38 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu alykum to all of you! My Alaah`s peace and rahma be upon all of us.Like Leticia, I was very puzzeled by the word Siparah.I grow up on a wrong part of the world,LOL. I am still strugling to understand the way he compare the Indian sub continent methode of dividing the Qur`aan and the middle eastern on. The text is read as follow: Copies of the Qur`aan in the middle East in particular have each Siparah(i'e Juz ?) subdivided into four.Hizb...is that mean a siparah is equal to units that is called Hizb in Middle East or Siparah is equaland is same as a Hizb,therefore Juz and Hizb mean the same in Middle East?
In West Africa,where I am originated, the Qur`aan (Usually printed in Morocco or Tunisia) is divided as follow: Juz =30 part of the Qur`aan,Hizb = 60 parts of Quraan. 1 Hizb is subdivided into 8 parts called SUMUN.2 sumun (thumun)= Rub, 2Rub = Nisf,2 Nisf = Hizb.
ruqayyamq

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, August 8, 2015  -  7:58 AM Reply with quote
there are 6236 ayats in the Quran

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker