Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
servinhumanity

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, March 8, 2010  -  4:57 PM Reply with quote
International Women's Day

Lots of events are being organized everywhere in the world for this. The Prophet sws gave a full strategy about this delicate issue more than 1500 years ago, the essence of which is educating our girls in all fields including religion & house keeping, art & craft, health & hygiene, preventive medicine, technology and all branches of science. Only then we expect a living nation to emerge insh'Allah.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Monday, March 8, 2010  -  8:26 PM Reply with quote
on international woman day:
I want to ask something to Mr Ghamdi 's team what especially in west we have to answer to Islam critics.

The Hanafis (and other faqihs also) mentioned four situations in which a husband is permitted to discipline his wife by hitting her.

These are: 1) not adorning herself when he wants her to; 2) not responding when he calls her to bed and she is taahirah (pure, i.e., not menstruating); 3) not praying; and 4)going out of the house without his permission.

The evidence that it is permissible to discipline one's wife includes the aayahs (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful)” [al-Nisaa’ 4:34]

“O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones” [al-Tahreem 66:6]

Now what is Mr Ghamdi 's version here.

I saw one program where he agrees that husband can beat his wife but if there would be no other option in worst kind of disobedience form the wife?

Can Mr Ghamdi's team eloborate that what could be that worst disobedience
from a wife
specifically....
in vague term, we can say it a "worst misbehavior"...but what is it???
can you give any example???

Do not take that I am against Mr Ghamdi?? I need genuine answer!!!!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 10, 2010  -  5:12 PM Reply with quote
salam S; the topic has been discussed quite in detail. do chk in this forum itself. 'beating wife'
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 11, 2010  -  10:01 AM Reply with quote
http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=2418&;pg=1&lang=&forumid=26
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Monday, March 15, 2010  -  7:09 AM Reply with quote
Thank you hkhan..for reference..

I read it all and got my answers to some extent.

I will not beat my wife anymore....
(in my dreams..lols)

I think sometimes man and woman both need to be slapped or beaten lightly...
(for example when, after getting impressed from indian movies, they are trying to have a extramarital affair... or
when screaming a lot,a lot , a lot and calling names on elders (parents)....(I know such cases)

GOd has allowed to take wives to task by their husband in such matters..(in my opinion), or they should select to be divorced....
but
if husband is culprit then family's elders... or qazi or court would beat him. (If wife knows karate then she may also..lols)

but I like your version:

quote:

similarly 'beating' can be altered with holding pocket money, limiting makeup shopping:), cancelling holiday trips, not sharing debit/credit cards etc --all of which could be worse than beating in the changing cultures--secially when you are living in a society where a man can actually end up in prison because of beating wife.

I wish any other scholar would agree with you....good luck
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 14, 2010  -  1:09 PM Reply with quote
hmm...then she may stop as well~in ur dreams... lolz

the postmistress murder case in the north(uk) last month which was thought to be by burglers, has been found to be by her husband apparently...as they were together in the shop at the time.
90% of women are killed by their partners or husbands. there is a reason that our beloved prophet sws stressed upon his point about being ware of your women's care.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, April 21, 2010  -  3:37 AM Reply with quote
quote:

there is a reason that our beloved prophet sws stressed upon his point about being ware of your women's.....

yes of course, there is no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker