UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, April 4, 2010  -  7:17 PM Reply with quote
Pearl~Why fear harms

"To have fear means that one is a danger to oneself as well as to others."

Adapted from an interfaith calender.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, April 5, 2010  -  2:36 AM Reply with quote
Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd......Bertrand Russell

The most destructive element in the human mind is fear. Fear creates aggressiveness.......Dorothy Thompson

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Prov. 1:7).

"O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam." [Surah Al-Imran 3: 102]

Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud commented on the Ayah,
quote:

[اتَّقُواْ اللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِ]
(Have Taqwa of Allah as is His due,)

"That He is obeyed and not defied, remembered and not forgotten and appreciated and not unappreciated.''

This has an authentic chain of narration to `Abdullah bin Mas`ud. Al-Hakim collected this Hadith in his Mustadrak, from Ibn Mas`ud, who related it to the Prophet .

Al-Hakim said, "It is authentic according to the criteria of the Two Shaykhs [Al-Bukhari and Muslim], and they did not record it.'' This is what he said, but it appears that it is only a statement of `Abdullah bin Mas`ud, and Allah knows best.

It was also reported that Anas said, "The servant will not have Taqwa of Allah as is His due until he keeps his tongue idle.''

Allah's statement,

quote:

[وَلاَ تَمُوتُنَّ إِلاَّ وَأَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ]

(and die not except as (true) Muslims)

[3:102],
means, preserve your Islam while you are well and safe, so that you die as a Muslim.

The Most Generous Allah has made it His decision that whatever state one lives in, that is what he dies upon and is resurrected upon.

We seek refuge from dying on other than Islam.

Edited by: aboosait on Monday, April 05, 2010 2:54 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 7, 2010  -  11:37 PM Reply with quote
thx uncle but as is obvious, the quotation is about having fear of 'ghair Allah'~c another quotation from the same int. faith calender
"If God is my Creator, Teacher, Guide, and much more; how can I have fear of ANYTHING in this physical world?"
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, April 8, 2010  -  4:14 PM Reply with quote
quote:

"If God is my Creator, Teacher, Guide, and much more; how can I have fear of ANYTHING in this physical world?"

Because you are not God but a created being and because the Creater has given you certain amount of free will to choose from the right and wrong.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker