Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
safimera

CANADA
Topic initiated on Thursday, April 22, 2010  -  6:39 AM Reply with quote
state interference in namaz

I was watching a video in which Mr Ghamdi said "state (GOVT) can interfere only in two things in person's life:

1) namaz
2) zakat

I agreed that person who is not paying zakat , he could be caught and jailed.

but what state (Govt.) can do if person is not offering namaz???

a) state would consider him a non-muslim?

b) punish him??

c) or force him everytime to go for namaz as in Saudi Arabia...
which is very irony becuase when a person has not fear of GOD to offer namaz ....and then by fear of Govt. he does offer namaz...
would it be acceptable to Allah ???
Allah would know that this person is coming to me this time because he was forced to come???

Namaz is totally for Allah with complete personal willingness!!

so how could Govt. can interfere if a muslim is not offering namaz???

any comment!!!!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, April 25, 2010  -  4:31 PM Reply with quote
quote:

......so how could Govt. can interfere if a muslim is not offering namaz???........

Whoever does not attend three Jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence has a seal placed over his heart and is regarded as one of the ghaafileen (negligent, heedless). Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah and Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), that they heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them) say from his minbar:[quote]“People should definitely stop neglecting Jumu’ah, or else Allaah will most certainly seal their hearts and they will most certainly be among the ghaafileen.”
According to another hadeeth:
quote:

“Whoever neglects three jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence will have a seal placed upon his heart.”
This is a spiritual punishment, which is more severe that a physical punishment such as imprisonment or flogging. The Muslim ruler should punish those who fail to attend Jumu’ah prayers with no excuse, as a deterrent. (Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak. in islamqa.com)

And now about the regular prayers:
quote:

The opinions of the scholars with regard to the one who does not pray may be summed up under the following two headings:

1. The opinion that the one who does not pray is a kaafir, which is the opinion narrated from ‘Umar, ‘Ali and Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with them). It was also the opinion of al-Hasan, al-Sha’bi, al-Oozaa’i, Ibn al-Mubaarak and Muhammad ibn al-Hasan; it was also reported from Ahmad, and is indicated by the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “All that stands between a person and kufr is his not praying.” (Reported by Muslim, Ahmad, Abu Dawood and Ibn Maajah).

2. The opinion that the one who does not pray is not a kaafir. This is the opinion of Abu Haneefah, Maalik, and al-Shaafa'i, and is indicated by the hadeeth of ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit, who reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are five prayers which Allaah has prescribed for His slave during the day and night, whoever does them and does not wilfully neglect them, Allaah will be bound to grant him admittance to Paradise. Whoever does not do them will have no such guarantee; if He wills, He will punish him and if He wills, He will grant him admittance to Paradise.” (Reported by al-Daarimi, 1531; Maalik, al-Muwatta’, 248; Ahmad, 21690).

However, according to both opinions, if a person insists on not praying, he should be asked three times to repent, and if he refuses, then his fate will be execution.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Monday, April 26, 2010  -  6:07 AM Reply with quote
However, according to both opinions, if a person insists on not praying, he should be asked three times to repent, and if he refuses, then his fate will be execution.

he should be punished , I believe but
why "execution" ???

I know execution means death punishment?? isn't it??????
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, April 26, 2010  -  10:30 AM Reply with quote
quote:

.....he should be punished , I believe but why "execution" ???
Because deliberately refusing to pray the salat is apostacy.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, April 27, 2010  -  12:40 PM Reply with quote
uncle waqai 'old parrots; ko parhana bohat mushkil hae but perhaps bcoz they hv their own strong opinions based on their knowledge and experience.
since u r writing on these forums we hv given you the link to our topic and misconception about apostacy atleast 10 times. plz check again. under 50 common misconceptions www.monthly-renaissance.com

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker