Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sam10

USA
Topic initiated on Monday, April 26, 2010  -  5:31 PM Reply with quote
Salafi?

Salaam Brothers and Sisters,
How is evry1 doing?
Sorry i haven't wrote for a while,,examssssss and revisssion NEVER finish!
Im kind of confused with all these sects in Islam why can't the muslim ummah follow one belief from the glorios revelations that come from allah in 2 sources:
*The QURAN-The Speech Of Allah
*The HADEETH-Sayings and Actions Inspired to The Prophet (PBUH)-also known as the SUNNAH.
My brother recently started going to a new Madrasa then we realised that the way they teach is a bit different for example the way they pray in Tashhahud and their dua for iftar,
we asked them and found out that they were Salafi's a group.
I'm not saying that Salafi's are wrong bacause they Do follow the Ahle Sunnah and Ahle Hadith but their definition of authentic Sunnah is that which suits their lifestyle or lifestyles of the scholars they like such as Dr Bilal Phillips Ibn Taymiya...
However they restricted their students from watching Islam Channel or listening to Dr Zakir Naik's Speechs because they want their students to learn the way they teach only.
Soooo Basically i just wanted to know if they are following the right path or not?
P.S If i've said anything wrong about Salafi's can you please correct me and Allah Lnows Best,
Wassalam
Sam
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 13, 2010  -  6:40 PM Reply with quote
quote:

we asked them and found out that they were Salafi's a group.
Sam

Arent there only four authentic groups in Islam? Which is this fifth group you are talking of? Who is their Imam?
zahra68

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 18, 2010  -  5:31 PM Reply with quote
The Salaf is a group who only follow the Qur'an and the sunnah. They only follow the correct and authentic hadiths. The Salaf are only a few in number unfortunately.
What or who is Salaf?

The word Salaf is a shortened version of the word Salafus-Saalih, which means the Righteous Predecessors. It refers specifically to the first three generations of Islaam. The first, the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam & his Sahaabah (companions). The second, the Taabi'een (the followers of the companions). The third, the Tabaa'at-Taabi'een (the followers of the followers of the companions). Generally, this term refers to all those pious predecessors who followed the way of the Salaf and who have preceded us in time.
Is it another party/group?

No it is NOT a party from among the parties, regardless of what people may claim. It is only an ascription to the Salafus-Saalih and their methodology, and calling to this noble methodology. It has NO Imaam, except for Abul-Qaasim Muhammad ibn Abdillaah sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam.

Shaikh Salih al-Fawzaan was asked, "Is Salafiyyah a hizb (party) from amongst the parties. And is ascribing to them (i.e. the Salafis) a blameworthy thing?"

To which he replied, "As-Salafiyyah (i.e. the Salafis) is the Saved Sect, and they are Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah. It is not a hizb (party) from amongst the various parties, those which are called "parties" today. Rather they are the Jamaa’ah, the Jamaa’ah upon the Sunnah and upon the Deen (religion). They are Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah. The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said, "There will not cease to be a group from my Ummah manifest and upon the truth not being harmed by those who forsake them neither by those who oppose them" and he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also said, "And this Ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of them in the Hellfire but one". They said, which one is this O Messenger of Allaah? He replied, "They are those who are upon what I and my companions are upon today". Hence Salafiyyah is a group of people (i.e. the Salafis) upon the madhhab of the Salaf, upon what the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) and his companions were upon and it is not a hizb from amongst the contemporary groups present today. Rather it is the very old Jamaa’ah, from the time of the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) which inherits (this way) and continues, and which never ceases to be upon the manifest truth until the establishment of the Hour, as he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) has informed (us)." (Cassette: "at-Tahdheer min al-Bid’ah" second cassette, delivered as a lecture in Hawtah Sadeer, 1416H).
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 20, 2010  -  3:13 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.........Hence Salafiyyah is a group of people (i.e. the Salafis) upon the madhhab of the Salaf, upon what the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) and his companions were upon and it is not a hizb from amongst the contemporary groups present today. Rather it is the very old Jamaa’ah, from the time of the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) which inherits (this way) and continues, and which never ceases to be upon the manifest truth until the establishment of the Hour, as he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) has informed (us)." ......
Thanks a lot zahra68USA, for a patient hearing and detailed reply. Jazakallahu Khair.

Hope sam10 USA, is listening.

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:14 PM
sam10

USA
Posted - Sunday, May 23, 2010  -  1:50 PM Reply with quote
Jazakallah sister
i understand your answer and im not too confused now.
Does that mean that if they are following the Quran and the Sunnah they are following the straight path?
Then what's the difference between Sunnis and Salafis?
isfi22

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, May 24, 2010  -  11:28 AM Reply with quote
مسلمان ہمارا واحد نام

آج مسلمانوں کے اتنے ڈھیر سارے نام ہیں کہ جن کا شمار بھی کافی مشکل ہے ۔ مسلمانوں کی ہر تحریک، تنظیم اور ٹولی بالآخر اپنے لیے ایک الگ نام وضع کر لیتی اور مسلمانوں کے ناموں کی فہرست میں ایک اور نام کے اضافے کا کارنامہ انجام دے جاتی ہے ۔ آج ان کے ہاں اس بات کا تصور ہی محال ہے کہ ایک شخص مسلمان ہو اور وہ کسی تنظیمی یا مسلکی نام سے منسوب ہونے پر فخر نہ کرتا ہو۔ ملاقات کے موقع پر تعارف حاصل کرنے کی غرض سے آج مسلمان ایک دوسرے سے پوچھتے ہیں کہ مثلاً آپ دیوبندی ہو یا بریلوی، اہلِ حدیث ہو یا اہلِ سنت، سنی ہو یا شیعہ، حنفی ہو یا مالکی وغیرہ وغیرہ۔

قرآن بتاتا ہے کہ اللہ تعالیٰ نے شروعِ انسانیت سے انسانوں کو جو دین دیا اور جو مذہب پسند کیا ہے اس کا نام اسلام ہے ۔ تمام نبی اور رسول یہی دین لے کر آئے اور زندگی بھر اسی کی منادی کرتے اور دعوت دیتے رہے ۔ قرآن اس دین کے ماننے والوں کو ایک ہی نام دیتا ہے ، ’مسلم‘ جسے اردو میں ہم مسلمان کہتے ہیں ۔ تمام پیغمبر اپنا تعارف ’اللہ کے مسلم‘ کے طور پر کراتے تھے اور اپنی آل اولاد اور پیروکاروں کو بھی یہ تلقین کرتے تھے کہ وہ خدا کے مسلم بنیں اور اسی حالت میں جییں اور مریں ۔

’مسلم‘ اسلام سے ہے جس کے معنیٰ سرِ تسلیم خم کر دینے ، خود کو سپرد کر دینے اور خدا کے آگے جھک جانے کے ہیں ۔ دیکھیے کتنا پیارا نام ہے اور کتنا خوبصورت ہے اس کا مطلب۔ ایک مسلمان کی حقیقت بھی یہی ہے کہ وہ خدا کے آگے ہمہ تن جھک جاتا ہے ، اپنے بہترین جذبات اور اپنی ساری توجہات کو اسی سے وابستہ کر لیتا ہے ، شب و روز اسی کی یادوں میں جیتا اور اسی کی عظمت و بڑ ائی کے احساسات میں گم رہتا ہے ، اپنی الفت و چاہت، خوف و خشیت، اعتماد و توکل اور بیم و رجا کو پورے جوش و ولولے سے اسی کے لیے خالص کیے رہتا ہے ، اپنی حاجات اور فریادیں اسی کے سامنے پیش کرتا اور اپنی ساری زندگی اسی کی سپردگی یعنی اس کی تعلیم و ہدایت کی پابندی و پیروی میں گزارتا ہے ۔ مختصراً یہ کہ خدا کے آگے جھک کر اور ڈھ کر اور اپنے آپ کو پوری نیازمندی و وفاداری کے ساتھ اس کے سپرد کر کے جینے کا نام اسلام اور مسلمانی ہے اور ایسے ہی انسان کو مسلم اور مسلمان کہا جاتا ہے ۔ کیا ایک انسان کے لیے اس سے زیادہ پیارا کوئی دوسرا نام ہو سکتا ہے ۔ یقینا نہیں ۔ تو پھر آخر ہم کیوں اس نام پر قناعت نہیں کرتے اور دوسرے دوسرے نام رکھنے اور انہیں اپنی پہچان بنانے پر اصرار کرتے ہیں؟
۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

Sam 10نے اچھا سوال اٹھایا اور Zahar68 نے اس کا کافی اچھا تفصیلی جواب دیا ہے۔ لیکن اس میں تھوڑی سی مزید وضاحت اور تصحیح کرلینی چاہیے کہ اصولی طور پر یہ جواب بلاشبہ بہت معقول و صحیح ہے کہ سلفی یا اہل سنت و الجماعت محمد رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم اور آپ کے اصحاب کے طریقے پر چلنے والے لوگوں کو کہتے ہیں۔ جو قرآن اور سنت کو اپنی بنیاد بناتے ہیں مگر اس زمانے میں جو لوگ دراصل ایک ٹولہ، جماعت یا فرقہ بن چکے ہیں۔ اپنے آپ کو برسرِ حق گردانتے اور دوسروں کو باطل کا علمبردار ٹھہراتے ہیں۔ ان کے اپنے آپ کو سلفی یا اہل سنت والجماعت قرار دے لینے سے ان کا تعلق اس اصل سلفی و اہل سنت والجماعت طبقے سے نہیں جڑ جاتا۔ کیوں کہ اصلاً یہ ایک صفاتی نام ہے نہ کہ گروہی اور جماعتی۔ مطلب یہ کہ کون سلفی ہے یا اہل سنت والجماعت ہے اس کا فیصلہ اس کا اپنا نام سلفی وغیرہ رکھ لینا یا سلفی اور اہل سنت و الجماعت ہونے کا دعویٰ کرنا جیسی بنیادوں پر نہیں ہوگا بلکہ اس کے اس عمل و طریقے کی اساس پر ہوگا کہ وہ واقعتا قرآن و سنت کو اپنی بنیاد بناتا اور اپنے دینی فکر و اثاثے کی انہیں حقیقی سورس بناتا ہے کہ نہیں۔

اس وقت مسلمانوں کی کتنی ہی جماعتیں اور فرقے اس بات کے دعویدار ہیں کہ تنہا وہی سلف صالحین کے طریقے اور اہل سنت و الجماعت کے راستے پر گامزن ہیں اور دوسرے تمام فرقے اور جماعتیں گمراہ و بے راہ ہیں۔ کیا ان میں سے ہر ایک کے دعوے کو درست تسلیم کرلیا جائے اور کیا پھر یہ بھی ممکن ہے کہ ان سب کو اہل حق اور سلفی اور اہل سنت والجماعت تسلیم کرلیا جائے۔ یقیناً ایسا ممکن نہیں ہے۔

اصل بات یہی ہے کہ محمد رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے جو دین قرآن و سنت و احادیث کی شکل میں چھوڑا ہے۔ صحابہ کرام کی طرح اسے مضبوطی سے پکڑا جائے، اس پر پوری وفادار و استواری سے عمل کیا جائے اور اپنے حق اور دوسروں کے باطل ہونے کے دعوے اور اعلانات کرنے کے بجائے علمی و فکری اختلافات کے حوالے سے وسعت نظری کا ثبوت دیتے ہوئے تمام مسلمانوں کا احترام کیا جائے۔ اور یہ تسلیم کیا جائے کہ نجات کا دار و مدار ہمارے یا کسی دوسرے فرقے اور جماعت سے وابستگی کی بنیاد پر نہیں ہوگا بلکہ اس بنیاد پر ہوگا کہ کون اس طریقے کے مطابق چلا اور کس نے اپنے عقل و ضمیر کے مطابق جس بات کو حق سمجھا اس پر ہر طرح کے حرص و تخویف اور تعصب و ہٹ دھرمی جیسے محرکات سے بالا تر ہوکر ثابت قدمی اختیار کی۔ مسلمانوں کے ایک بہت بڑے امام شافعی کا یہ بیان اس باب میں مثالی نمونے کا مقام رکھتا ہے کہ ہم اپنی راے کو درست سمجھتے ہیں لیکن اس میں خطا کا امکان تسلیم کرتے ہیں اور ہم دوسروں کی راے کو غلط سمجھتے ہیں لیکن اس میں درستی کے امکان کو تسلیم کرتے ہیں۔

حق پسند مسلمانوں کو یہی رویہ زیب دیتا ہے ۔ کیوں کہ ان میں سے کسی پر بھی وحی و الہام نہیں ہوتا کہ وہ یہ گمان کرنے لگے کہ بس اسی کی راے اور روش درست اور مطابق حق ہے اور دوسروں کا تمام کا تمام سرمایہ باطل و خرافات ہے۔ اسی راستے سے مسلمانوں کے اندر رواداری، علمی و فکری آداب، شائستہ و معقول اختلاف کی روایت اور سنجیدگی و استدلال کے دائرے میں رہتے ہوئے تبادلۂ خیالات کا ماحول عام ہوگا۔ آج امت مسلمہ کے افراد میں اتحاد و اخوت پیدا کرنے کے لیے اسی رویے کو سب سے زیادہ عام کرنے کی ضرورت ہے۔
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, May 29, 2010  -  12:32 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.....what's the difference between Sunnis and Salafis?.........

According to my understanding sunnis are the Ahlus Sunnah as opposed to the Shias.

Among the ahlussunnah are those who strictly adhere to the fiqh of a particular imaam as well as those who are prepared to ignore anything in the fiqh of his imam which contradicts the sunnah clearly transmitted to them. The latter among the ahlussunnah are known as salafis.

I would like to further clarify at this point that the imams strove to work out the rulings that they thought were closest to the Qur'aan and Sunnah and there is nothing wrong with the Muslim following one of these madhhabs, but that is on the condition that if it becomes clear to him that the Sunnah of the Prophet is something other than what he has learned from his madhhab, then what he is required to do is to ignore the view of the madhhab and follow the Sunnah. This is the advice of these imams, as Imam al-Shaafa’i (may Allah be pleased with him) and others said: If the hadeeth is saheeh, then that is my madhhab.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, October 13, 2023  -  9:57 PM Reply with quote
I advise you all to learn true Islaam instead of wasting your time listening to people's opinions on forums.

A true salafee is one who follows the Qur'aan, Sunnah, and the way of the salaf.

I advise with the following websites to learn abt Salafiyyah.

www.tawhidfirst.com (English)

www.abukhadeejah.com (English)

www.imamdarimi.com (Urdu)

By the way, I free myself from this website because it is not upon the way of the salaf.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker