Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sheila

INDIA
Topic initiated on Saturday, May 15, 2010  -  10:53 PM Reply with quote
A woman slaps on the face of fascism!!

Islamophobia- beautifully explained by an Indian Non-Muslim woman writer & activist. A slap on the face of fascism!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnTS9gHCZoI
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 16, 2010  -  11:13 AM Reply with quote
it is amazing how a non-muslim woman has supported the just islamic cause in this 7 the materialistic interest of fascism that has tilted the media against islam . this explains how justice and non-discrimination upholds the Truth, no matter who you belong to. but usually such voices are shut, specially if it's coming from a woman. she has already been to Indian prison as a punishment for opening her mouth
hennakhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, May 22, 2010  -  6:21 PM Reply with quote
it keeps happening!! So SILENT plz!!!
sista_amina

NEW ZEALAND
Posted - Sunday, June 6, 2010  -  12:34 PM Reply with quote
This is in Link to my message on Women's Forum today that I posted today.

"Confirmation Bias"

But is it because you have taken our one and only sister Moderator away from us on this website?

salam alaykum everyone. I have just returned from a holiday for Umrah tul Mecca Medina and from Pakistan. May Allah SWt make things better in our country, we still love it the most in the whole world!

However I am very disappointed on returning to the forums. What is happening here? Where is our one and only sister Moderator hkhan of the forums gone? Looking at this thread I can see that she has tried to send here messages but stopped. I emailed her and am extremely shocked to hear that some of the colleague brothers in this religious work have pressurized her to step down so she preferred to send in her resignation. However she said that she will continue her mission to Serve Humanity even if she has to do it alone or without her shadow! she also said that may be she has made a mistake in understanding the difference of personalities, so she really does not wish to protest or make a fuss about all this. But I just felt that sister is unnecessarily taking all the blame on herself. This is a very sad and dangerous situation when the Ummah is already struggling against oppression everywhere & the admin should immediately take notice of this situation and try and solve it positively.

I can believe this when I hear about the Lady minister of Publicity and Communications in Pakistan Mrs. Raman, when she had given this statement, but I cannot understand how can this happen to a sister working with the people of this website who have published literature supporting Women's position in Islam?

If this is the situation, then this website and the work and message they are trying to promote will just go out of the window. Muslims are already disappointed and looking for the people who are Muslims in practice, not just by talks and writings. The market is full with such a class already! Why one more website or organization then?

If we could not handle properly and with decency a strong woman of hard work, skill and confidence and also a professional lady who is trying to support the work of Deen without any reward like money or anything else, then how do we claim to bring a change to the Muslim Ummah that we are talking about? If we have failed to look after it's daughters and mothers properly?

The problem is not whether we give a Muslim woman the right to keep or remove her Hijab, the real fact is that how much respect, say and authority are we prepared to give to her when she comes out and trusts us to work with us? The prophet of Islam Muhammad SAW became the Hero of Muslim women of the all the women of the world by giving her these very opportunities in life. This is a great test of ego and control for our brothers because they can make a sister feel that the rest of the brothers and around her and the managers of this organization were uncomfortable with this recognition of her's as they openly showed in their attitudes and hence isolated her in order to create a situation of "Confirmation Bias".

Edited by: sista_amina on Sunday, June 06, 2010 12:43 PM
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, June 6, 2010  -  1:55 PM Reply with quote
if it is true then it is shocking.....
i have same words to express what sista_amina said......

apart of general issues, hkhan was also the voice of women version of muslim world...u could disagree with her but she was very bold, expressive and vocal what a muslim women could think in her mind.....

i do not know where will go if we do not have any representative from half of world population......

all men but especially women of the forum should protest....
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 8, 2010  -  2:09 PM Reply with quote
One just thinks this is what Islam actually promotes about women. So where are we? Or is it that all Teachers cannot be Preachers?

Sultana Tafadar
“Working as a barrister at a leading human rights firm, I often get asked the question: how are you able to reconcile your choice of profession with Islam’s views regarding the role of women? The question usually stems from the false presumption that Islam sees women as unequal to men. This could not be further from the truth. My answer is that there is no conflict to reconcile. Rather my choice of profession is entirely in sync with, and indeed promoted, by Islam.

If you study the rights and status of women in Islam, it is easy to conclude that the laws and practices put in place by Prophet Muhammad were, and still are, revolutionary. He brought recognition to their rights in both the private and public spheres in a society which inflicted the worst kinds of degradations on women. His reforms continue to be revolutionary in that they do not regard men as being the comparator or the benchmark by which equality is measured. Whilst Islam promotes the notion that men and women are spiritual and intellectual equals, it also gives value to the differences between the sexes as strengths rather than weaknesses.

From an Islamic perspective, women are regarded as being particularly suited to engaging in the legal arena. This is not only because we are intellectual equals to men, but also because we were more likely to introduce a level of empathy and thereby give recognition to the human dimensions of justice. I certainly try to adopt this approach in my work.

I believe that a return to the Prophetic legacy would further empower women. We will see the valuable roles we have to perform more clearly, and that to be equal is not to be ‘the same as a man’, but to be a woman.”

http://inspiredbymuhammad.com/womens_rights.php
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 13, 2010  -  1:34 PM Reply with quote
Looks like this Mujji or Mujahid Zaheer whoever it is has been creating differences and discrimination within the team as he has quoted that because Khan was working with Renaissance and Studying Islam so why she wanted to work with the UIUK? It means he is trying to show that all these different organs of Almawrid are different. If one has worked with one, he or she is in a different sector.

Khan has clearly explained in her posts and emails that previously everyone associated with Almawrid was working individually or in small groups in UK whereever they were. After their President Mr.Javaid Ghamidi's visit they all were instructed to unite in one team. Men as usual had conflicts at that stage and split into two groups. Khan simply submitted to the President's advice without any complexes and ego problems, but was pushed away by Mr.Mujahid telling her off to go and work with Renaissance and Studying Islam and Shehzad Saleem with whom she has been working since so many years. Apparently his brother Dr.Khalid Zaheer and his friends are in the Almawrid Pakistan management team so he is very confident that he can do whatever he wants, and tailormake the team as he wills. Nobody can question him. As Khan has mentioned that this attitude of his had already caused split in the team and Mr.Imran Yousuf and two much older members of the team had to leave.

It shows that there is some kind of difference in the central management and groups that has affected the system here. Khan in her innocence and sincerity has been unaware of all these politics and became an easy target in this men's fight. As she says she is not keen on titles and rewards and was providing volunteer services tot he websites. She continues with her good will works in her professional and communities environment.

She mentioned her invitation as a powerpoint presentation (Title:You are invited to UK! A Message to Almawrid from the UK public in need of guidance) to Mr.Ghamidi and 22 other people including scholars,managers & other staff of Almawrid at the main library hall of Almawrid centre Lahore on 1st Ramadan 2004, organized by Dr.Munir Ahmad(A Manager of Almawrid Pakistan) on her request. she said she wanted to present at the Punjab Commerce Centre at Mr.Ghamidi's weekly dars but Dr.Munir suggested to present it at Almawrid instead & how since then she has been continously focusd & targeted repeatedly by the brother/s here who felt they were being left behind by a woman! A totally baseless threat she says, because her aim was only to help the public of UK where she lived as she strongly felt she owed them somthing excellent & she found nothing happening in the UK by Almawrid representatives from 1999 until that time. She was working here as a doctor and had seen her patients crying blood out of their eyes at the hands of their social and family issues. Depression and suicide rate was rising everyday.

Exactly at this spot she was given Renaissance journal by a doctor colleague at a hospital back in 1999 when she was talking to him about all these issues while operating on a patient, Dr.Z.Rafique being the anaesthetist. Dr.Rafique told her that all her answers were in that journal and organisation.

Khan felt that Almawrid scholars had done some very useful work on these subjects without any traditional and cultural baggage so she had to introduce this work into the society here in order to help these people.

But she had no idea that things were not that simple! There were issues of relationships, old friendships and hence a complicated hidden politics within Almawrid as it happens in all human run organizations.

She has clearly said that all her reactions have only been to the actions targeting her trying to isolate her in this men's tug of war. she was charged with baseless and false allegations in order to destroy her enthusiasm and zeal as well as her reputation here and back home as the worry was she might take the credit of introducing Almawrid in UK, whereas she says in her mind there was not even a shadow of such a low and worldly thought. Her only dream was to help the people who came crying to her every day and night. She felt this was God calling her to help His people!!And she had to do something about it instantly as she had found the right source of education and awareness. She thinks that even this special attachment she developed in her heart for Almawrid and thier works was a sign or miracle of God so that she could continue this work with consistency, otherwise people can start something and forget about it. Hence she diverted all her energies to this one single task without thinking of any pros and cons!

Later when men thought of making a controlled political organsation here in the name of Almawrid, she was told by Mujahid Zaheer and his managers that if she was so keen, she should go and do this work herself! This hurt her badly. "Is that why I have been inviting you all for the past over 10 years now ? If I could do it myself, why would I bother you?"
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, June 18, 2010  -  12:51 PM Reply with quote
quote:

"........Later when men thought of making a controlled political organsation here in the name of Almawrid,...... "
You mean a political Organisatin in UK in the name of Almawrid? Was it Shaikh Gamidi's plan?
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 18, 2010  -  10:12 PM Reply with quote
We cannot attribute all the mistakes made by the people nominating themselves to Almawrid or Javaid Ghamidi Sahib to them. It's individual understandings and actions.
We think this organization is doing an excellent job and we are all by their side in this noble task of serving humanity, but like every other, we also have weaknesses and that's where we need eachothers' support to come over them.

Almawrid still has to do some practical homework regarding Muslim women's role at a global level, not only in Mureedke'

hkhan
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 19, 2010  -  4:32 AM Reply with quote
hnkhan this is an article you might enjoy
http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_101_150/gender_equality_and_justice_in_i.htm It's called
144. Gender Equality and Justice in Islam by Dr. Riffat Hassan

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker