PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, May 16, 2010  -  8:50 AM Reply with quote
The Muslim Woman

http://www.themuslimwoman.org/
sista_amina

NEW ZEALAND
Posted - Monday, May 17, 2010  -  12:12 AM Reply with quote
This is also a nice link. JazaKAllA
Brother, Sister, what are the qualities of a good Muslim woman according to your school of thought? I mean besides the understood ones like being quiet, not questioning or talking back and following blindly? Because most Muslim women would be isolated if they did not follow these basic rules.
Umaira

INDIA
Posted - Monday, May 17, 2010  -  9:10 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum
The qualities of good muslim do also include prayin regularly,wear hijab and cover her head properly when she goes out and should not hurt others in her action/speech bcoz Allah hate the people those who quarrels.
As women plays a major role in men's life and his family,first she should posess enough Islamic knowledge to guide and to take through the family in a good manner. It is the duty of her to do so.
Wasalaam
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, May 17, 2010  -  10:45 AM Reply with quote
quote:

.........being quiet, not questioning or talking back and following blindly?........
You mean those are the qualities of a Muslim woman? Kindly provide proof.
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 18, 2010  -  5:10 AM Reply with quote
It's true. It's my own experience as well that a 'speaking woman' is classed as disobedient and corrupt in most religious circles and is oppressed and isolated by cutting down communication with. This is a tactic most commonly used to shut her up. Domestic violence, where woman is not at fault, is based on the same practice. The same method is used on larger scales at work places and other men dominated organizations, be it religious or non-religious.
zahra68

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 18, 2010  -  5:00 PM Reply with quote
In my opinion a muslim woman cannot follow anything blindly without knowledge. She should be smart and at the same time pious. I completely disagree with the fact that she should be a quiet being with no sense of thought.
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 18, 2010  -  5:40 PM Reply with quote
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/viewissue.aspx?id=25
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 18, 2010  -  9:41 PM Reply with quote
insh'Allah hope these will be practiced as written with such hard works ~
have rcvd the beautiful pink may journal today and i pray it's educational dignity remains high-always
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, June 12, 2010  -  12:57 PM Reply with quote
1) A muslim woman should support other woman in all field.

they should become islamic scholars and do not depend 100% on male dominant male scholars.

there are many things of woman which a woman can understand only....

there may be some misinterpretation of quran and hadeees regarding woman ,just because the scholar is male.

so woman needs a woman scholar to defend wrong interpretation of islam or quran about some matters of woman.

It is a possibility.....
i m not saying that gender bias must be there..
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 12, 2010  -  1:46 PM Reply with quote
women should exercise their own judgement as far as dress is concerned following the guidance of modesty. In Pakistan a trend is there among some women to cover themselves from head to toe in a burqa this includes covering the face too. It is scary to watch these young or old women. Scary because when I see any such women i wonder who she is where is she going there is no identity just a shapeless form moving about. What if she has an accident who will recognize her help her, what if some one forces her no one can help or even give evidence. As Pakistan is a closed society and gender interaction is not encouraged young girls are out in full covering with boys on so called dates. Face covering has given birth to more evil than modesty. When a women goes out in full public view where her face is not covered she is careful as she would be recognized and I feel more protected.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, June 13, 2010  -  4:12 AM Reply with quote
my humble opinion:

when convincing otherS, try not to use any offensive words...

scary is not A bad word..but it could be offensive for those who are wearing burqa with RELIGIOUS conviction....

your all other points are very convincing and immpressive.

only thing we can do ALWAYS is persistant convincing......

so keep it up and good luck....
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, June 13, 2010  -  5:01 AM Reply with quote
safimera I am not trying to convince any one and am not trying to be offensive either please note my words "It is scary to watch these young or old women. Scary because when I see any such women i wonder who she is where is she going there is no identity just a shapeless form moving about."
Now I find the lack of identity scary not these women I think they are given the same respect as the women without a Burqa. There are a lot of things we do now a days with RELIGIOUS conviction and not all are correct so should we accept it because it is done with religious conviction? here I am not talking about burqa or face covering but other things that go on in the name of religious conviction.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, June 13, 2010  -  8:04 AM Reply with quote
saba2: you win....i was wrong.

secondly why u r not convincing something, u think is right.....

u r good in convincing.....good luck
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, June 13, 2010  -  7:14 PM Reply with quote
the topic is Muslim woman so let us all write point wise what in our opinion a Muslim woman should be: I will start with 2 points
1) Educated
2) Strong value system
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Monday, June 14, 2010  -  10:15 AM Reply with quote
can u explain "strong value system"...

I mean it is general or u r talking specific to woman???

if it is specific to woman , then your further explaination would be useful here.........
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 14, 2010  -  12:53 PM Reply with quote
Salam, a strong value system is in my opinion a distinction between right and wrong in basic principles of life eg. honesty, integrity,compassion, morality and responsibility.
I never answered your previous question of why I don't want to convince people if I am right, well I think dress is a personal thing and what makes you comfortable and happy should be each person's choice be it a burqa, chader a dupatta, no dupatta, just T shirt with pants etc. we have our religious guidence how we interpret it is our choice. I also feel state should not interfere with the dress code. A person should be allowed to exercise his/ her judgement.
I see so many people on this forum please add your views on " what in your opinion a Muslim woman should be"

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5 6
Next page >>
Page 1 of 6

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker