AuthorTopic
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, June 13, 2010  -  1:41 PM Reply with quote
Pearl

Khan has sent the following message this morning:

My Pearl

From the verses I read today

"God does not like bad words to be made public unless someone has been wronged. He is all knowing and all hearing." Women:148 (An-nisa)

She also said to add the reminder "My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist"
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, June 13, 2010  -  6:02 PM Reply with quote
quote:

"God does not like bad words to be made public unless someone has been wronged. He is all knowing and all hearing." Women:148 (An-nisa).....
Here is the Verse under reference;

لاَّ يُحِبُّ اللّهُ الْجَهْرَ بِالسُّوَءِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ إِلاَّ مَن ظُلِمَ وَكَانَ اللّهُ سَمِيعًا عَلِيمًا (4:148)

4:148 (Asad) God does not like any evil to be mentioned openly, unless it be by him who has been wronged (thereby) And God is indeed all-hearing, all-knowing, -

Elaborating on the lessons learnt from this Verse, Mohammed Asad writes in his footnote to this Verse:
quote:

This Verse prohibits the public mention of anybody's evil deeds or sayings, "unless it be by him who has been wronged (thereby)"- which also implies that evil behaviour which affects the society as a whole may be made public if the interests of the wronged party - in this case, the society as such - demand it.(Quran Ref: 4:148 )

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:06 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker