Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
abunoman

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, June 14, 2010  -  10:37 AM Reply with quote
Hadith Al-da'if - 7 (Zaeef hadith)

Hadith Al-da’if – 7 (Zaeef hadith)

Hadeeth: “Two rak’ahs with miswaak are better than seventy rak’ahs without miswaak”

Miswaak is Sunnah, and is an act of worship when done at the time of prayer or when doing wudoo’, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “miswaak is purifying for the mouth and pleasing to the Allaah.” Narrated by al-Nasaa’i with a saheeh isnaad from Hazrat Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). And because Rasool Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Were it not that it would be too difficult for my ummah, I would have commanded them to use the miswaak at every prayer.” Saheeh* – agreed upon.

According to another version: “Were it not that it would be too difficult for my ummah, I would have commanded them to use the miswaak at at every wudoo’.” Narrated by Imam al-Nasaa’i with a saheeh isnaad.

Al-Bayhaqi said in Al-Sunan Al-Kubra (1/38): (It is) da’if and its isnaad is not strong. It was narrated in both marfoo** and mursal*** reports.

With regard to the hadeeth “Two rak’ahs with miswaak are better than seventy rak’ahs without miswaak”, it is a da’if**** (weak) hadeeth, and is not saheeh (sound). (Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (26/288).)

Ibn al-Qayyim said in Al-Manaar al-Muneef (p. 17): Its isnaad is not strong.

It was classified as da’if by Al-Nawawi in Al-Khalaasah (1/88) and by Allama Al-Albaani in Da’if- al-Jaami’ (3519).
And Allaah knows best.
-----------------------------------------------
*Saheeh hadith: (True,sound and authentic): It is that hadith that has no weakness. Both in its chain of narrators (al-isnad) and the text (al-matn) are sound and its text does not contradict any established belief of Islam. There are four characteristics for a hadith to be graded as ‘saheeh’:
(i) Its chain of narrators is continuous without any break.
(ii) Its every narrator is righteous in conduct (al-adalahl) and strong in memory (ad-dabt).
(iii) It is not an isolated (as-shadh)- that means it must not be in contradiction with other narrators who are more in number or have higher reputation than the one under discussion.
(iv) It has no hidden defect.

**Marfoo hadith: It is that hadith in which a companion rta while narrating a hadith refer it to Rasool Allah sws by his name.

***Mursal hadith: It is that in which a chain where the link of a companion is missing, and a successor relates a tradition directly from the prophet.

****Daif hadith: It is that in which there is some problem with either the chain of narrators, their understanding and the text (matn) that may be in disagreement with the Islmic beliefs and practices. In short this hadith does not possess all the four characteristics for a hadith to be ‘saheeh’.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker