Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
saba2

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, August 7, 2010  -  9:41 AM Reply with quote
Ramadan..... come closer to God

Ramadan..... come closer to God

A. Prophetic rule on eating : fill our stomachs with one-third food, one-third water and one-third breathing space......

Once Ifttar time comes our stomachs take control of our minds, our appetite already stimulated by the tantilizing smell of food you are preparing and piling on the table. You eat food quickly without thinking and at times without tasting or enjoying it.Thirst drives you to gulp down one glass after another of water or whatever you are serving. ...... in the end a bloated stomach and all you can do is plop on the couch. In Ramadan how do you acheive this Prophetic rule on eating?
Rule number 1 reduce your bite size. if you use a spoon then use a teaspoon or take small bites.
Rule number 2 chew slowly enjoying each bite or spoonful.
Rule number 3 Talk , yes talk to your family or friends whoever is on the table. This cuts down the quantity of food consumed and time for your brain to take over.
Rule number 4 Pour only half a glass of water in your glass and put the jug or bottle at a distance from the table, so everytime you want a refill you would have to get up, giving you incentive to make the water last by sipping instead of gulping.

B. Go to Tarawih prayers

Now that you have enjoyed a meal Iftiari with family and you are not that full or bloated but refreshed and nourished you can go Tariwih prayers.To build a community spirit pray in a congregation. Find out which mosque will have a section for women too and go as a family. Go as many times as you possibily can maybe a week or more.

C. Learn to be patient and Tolerant

Easily said than done. I think counting till 10 in your mind gives you time to think and control your reaction. Instead of reacting or loosing patience on the road count and calm your self .Get a good collection of Naats now a days there is a variety of collection and you can pick any with catchy lively tunes to serious melodious tunes. Pick the ones with
words that appeal to you and bring you closer to God. Keep them in your car on your cell phone I pod Mp3 walkman whatever you use. Music can distract you in a long tedious journey maybe a bus ride home , a long wait in a traffic jam etc. Always remember each person is different and has a right to live the way he or she wants to live, what upsets us when we are faced with differnces not only do we become judgemental but down right mean we do all sorts of things starting from backbiting to cursing and also throwing in four lettered words, the bottom line is we have to shoot our mouths off."This isn't the God-approved way of letting off steam. In Ramadan, when we want to build our spirituality, we've got to wage Jihad against our bad habits." I particularly liked this idea given by a friend,"Try this: get a box and every time you catch yourself swearing or backbiting put some money in it. It could be a buck or less. The point is to choose an amount that makes it feel like punishment." At the end of the month give it to charity..

D. bond with friends or relatives:

Call, E- mail, SMS if far or visit your friends and relatives you haven't done in a long long time. share a part of your life and take interest in theirs.

E. Forgive and Forget : A very difficult task but forgive people who have hurt you let go of the pain anger and anguish caused by people." In Ramadan, ten days of which are devoted to Allah's forgiveness, shouldn't we lesser beings forgive too?"

F. Read the Quran for 5-10 minutes a day:
This is something all of us can do maybe after Sehri when you cant sleep as you need to get dressed and go to work but have some time to spare. It is always good to understand what you have read so if you have read the quran in arabic for 5 minutes then it will only take you around 3 minutes to read the translation. You can read the Quran in any pattern that you want the point here is simply to connect with God through His revelation in the holy month of Ramadan.

"Without doubt, it is in the remembrance of God that hearts find contentment" - Qur'an 13:28.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, August 8, 2010  -  10:04 AM Reply with quote
May God help us to get benefit from Ramadhan as u worte.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 10, 2010  -  3:38 PM Reply with quote
The Sermon Given by The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) on the Last Friday of Sha'ban, on the advent of the Month of Ramadan.

"Indeed ahead of you is the blessed month of Allah. A month of blessing, mercy and forgiveness. A month which with Allah is the best of months. Its days, the best of days, its nights, the best of nights, and its hours, the best of hours. It is the month, which invites you to be the guests of Allah and invites you to be one of those near to Him. Each breath you take glorifies Him, your sleep is worship, your deeds are accepted, and your supplications are answered. So, ask Allah, your Lord, to give you a sound body and an enlightened heart so you may be able to fast and recite His book, for only he is unhappy who is devoid of Allah's forgiveness during this great month."

"Remember the hunger and thirst of the day of Qiyamah (Judgment) with your hunger and thirst; give alms to the needy and poor, honor your old, show kindness to the young ones, maintain relations with your blood relations; guard your tongues, close your eyes to that which is not permissible for your sight, close your ears to that which is forbidden to hear, show compassion to the orphans of people so compassion may be shown to your orphans. Repent to Allah for your sins and raise your hands in du'a during these times, for they are the best of times and Allah looks towards His creatures with kindness, replying to them during the hours and granting their needs if He is asked..."

"O People! Indeed your souls are dependent on your deeds, free them with Istighfar (repentance) lighten their loads by long prostrations, and know that Allah swears by His might: That there is no punishment for the one who prays and prostrates and he shall have no fear of the fire on the day when man stands before the Lord of the worlds."

"O People! One who gives Iftaar to a fasting person during this month will be like one who has freed someone and his past sins will be forgiven." Some of the people who were there then asked the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him): "Not all of us are able to invite those who are fasting?" The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) replied: "Allah gives this reward even if the Iftaar (meal) is a drink of water."

"One who has good morals (Akhlaq) during this month will be able to pass the 'Siraat'...on the day that feet will slip... One who covers the faults of others will benefit in that Allah will curb His anger on the Day of Judgment."

"As for one who honors an orphan, Allah will honor him on the Day of Judgment. And for the one who spreads his kindness, Allah will spread His mercy over him on the Day of Judgment."

"As for the one who cuts the ties of relation, Allah will cut His mercy from him... "

"Whosoever performs a recommended prayer in this month, Allah will keep the fire of hell away from him... Whoever performs an obligatory prayer in this month, Allah will reward him with seventy prayers [worth] ."

"And whosoever prays a lot during this month will have his load lightened on the Day of Measure. He who recites one verse of the Holy Qur'an will be given the rewards of reciting the whole Qur'an during other months."

"O People! Indeed during this month the doors of Heaven are open, therefore ask Allah not to close them for you; the doors of Hell are closed, so ask Allah to keep them closed for you. During this month Shaytan (Satan) is imprisoned so ask your Lord not to let him have power over you."
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 11, 2010  -  2:13 PM Reply with quote
The first ten days of the blessed month of Ramadan are the Days of Mercy
Seek Allah's Mercy with these duas.

Rabbighfir warham wa Anta Khair-ur-Raahimeen (Surah Al Muminoon:118) Translation: My Lord, forgive and have mercy for You are the Best of those who show mercy.

Allahumma arhamni wa Anta Arham-ar-Raahimeen
Translation: O Allah have mercy on me, and You are the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.

Ya Hayyu ya Qayyum bi rahmatika astagheethu
Translation: O Ever Living, O Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all that exists, by Your mercy, I seek your help.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 19, 2010  -  4:27 PM Reply with quote
Ramadan - Facts and Reality 1 - Javed Ahmad Ghamidi
http://al-mawrid.tv/videos/412/ramadan-facts-and-reality-1-javed-ahmad-ghamidi

Ramadan - Facts and Reality 2 - Javed Ahmad Ghamidi
http://al-mawrid.tv/videos/413/ramadan-facts-and-reality-2-javed-ahmad-ghamidi

Q&A with Javed Ahmad Ghamidi about Ramadan and Our Relationship with Allah. A Programme shown on AAJ TV titled “Deen-o-Danish” During Ramadan

Ramadan and Our Relationship with Allah (1) - Javed Ahmad Ghamidi
http://al-mawrid.tv/videos/414/ramadan-and-our-relationship-with-allah-(1)-javed-ahmad-ghamidi

Ramadan and Our Relationship with Allah (2) - Javed Ahmad Ghamidi
http://al-mawrid.tv/videos/415/ramadan-and-our-relationship-with-allah-(2)-javed-ahmad-ghamidi

Ramadan and Our Relationship with Allah (3) - Javed Ahmad Ghamidi
http://al-mawrid.tv/videos/416/ramadan-and-our-relationship-with-allah-(3)-javed-ahmad-ghamidi
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 23, 2010  -  12:43 PM Reply with quote
Alhamdulillah, the first ten days of Ramadan are over. The next ten days are the Days of Forgiveness. Seek Allah's forgiveness and repent of all your sins with these duas:
Allahumm-aghfir lee dhunoobi yaa Rabb-al-aalameen
Translation: O Allah forgive me my sins, O Lord of the Worlds
Rabbanaa faghfir lanaa dhunoobanaa wa kaffir 'annaa sayyiaatinaa wa tawaffanaa ma'-al abraar (Surah Aal 'Imraan:193)
Translation: Our Lord, forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with the pious believers

Astaghfarullah-alladhee laa ilaaha illaa huw-al Hayyul Qayyoomu wa atoobu ileih
Translation: I seek Allah's forgiveness, there is no god except Him, The Ever-Living, The Self-Subsiting and Supporter of all, and I turn to Him in repentance
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 23, 2010  -  6:05 PM Reply with quote
Ma Sah Allah U r going v nice Saba jee. That's like a true moderator. Jzakillah khairun
Allah aap ki efforts main barkat dalay. Ameen
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 1, 2010  -  11:28 AM Reply with quote
Subhan Allah, the last ten days of Ramadan are here! These are the days to seek refuge in Allah from the Hellfire. The following duas should be recited frequently in the last ten days:
Allahumma ajirni min an-naar
Translation: O Allah, save me from the Fire
Allahumma innaka 'afuwan tuhib al 'afwa fa'fu 'annee
Translation: O Allah, indeed You are the Forgiver, You love forgiveness, so forgive me.

Seek Laylatul Qadr, the night that is better than a thousand months, as the Prophet (pbuh) said: "Search for the Blessed Night in the odd (nights) from the last ten (nights) of Ramadan." (Bukhari)"

I'tikaf is a wonderful form of worship during Ramadan, and especially in the last ten days.
When we pray to Allah for ourselves remember in Dua the flood victims, ask for Allah's mercy and compassion for the affected people.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, September 4, 2010  -  2:22 AM Reply with quote
Laylatul Qadr

ALLAH says in the Qur'an in Surah Al-Qadr: "We have indeed revealed this (message) in the Night of Power. And what will explain to thee what the Night of Power is? The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.

Therein come down the angels and the spirit by God's permission, on every errand: Peace! This until the rise of Morn." (97:1-5)

Allah also says about this powerful night in Surah Dukhan:

"Ha. Mim. By the book that makes things clear. We sent it down during a blessed night. For We (ever) wish to warn (against evil). In that (night) is made distinct every affair of

wisdom, by command, from Our Presence. For We (ever) send (revelations), as a mercy from Thy Lord: for He hears and knows (all things)." (Surah 44: Verses 1-6)

Allah said in the Qur'an in Surah Baqarah:

"Ramadan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur'an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (signs) for guidance and judgment (between right and wrong)."(Surah 2: Verse 185)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said about Lailatul-Qadr:

It as narrated by Abu Hurayra that Prophet said, "Anyone who stays awake for the Night Of Power with belief and for the pleasure of Allah, all his previous sins will be forgiven."

(Bukhari and Muslim)

It has also been reported by Aisha, the wife of the Prophet (pbuh) who said:

"I asked the Messenger of Allah if I knew which night was the Night of Power and what Prayer I should say during that night?

He said to me: Say: "O Allah! You are forgiving and you love forgiveness, so you too forgive me.

I am sure every one of us would like to live a life cleansed of sins and free of mistakes. Everyone would like to meet Allah on the Day of Judgment without sins. Every one of us

would like to feel that he/she is reborn today. Everyone would like to purify himself/herself without anguish or torment, and with certainty of Allah's forgiveness.

The Night of Power is one of the best way in which a person is to achieve all these ideals.

As far as determining the Night of Power (Laylatul Qadr) is concerned, it has been reported to be during one of the odd-numbered nights of the last ten days of Ramadaan, i.e.

21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th or 29th.

The ways to benefit from the blessings of Laylatul Qadr:
a. Recitation of the Our'an.
b. Prayers - Nafl after Taraweeh.
c. Remembrance of Allah or zikr
d. Supplication or Du'a for yourself and for others.

The Night of Power is a very important occasion in Islam. This Night is a Night of Mercy, Night of Blessing, Night of Peace, Night of Guidance. It is a Night of Unification

between the finite world of ours and the Infinite Universe of the Unseen.

May Allah give us the strength, the power, the courage and the effort to do our best to obey Allah and to follow His teachings. May Allah guide us and may Allah strengthen our

Emaan. May Allah help us to live another year with sincerity and devotion. May Allah make us realize that one year of our life is over and that we are one year closer to our graves.

Let us ask ALLAH to grant us the ability to change ourselves for the better and not to be of those who are prevented from His Mercy and forgiveness. Indeed He is the One who

Hears and He is the One to Respond.

Ya ALLAH ! We are full of sins. Please forgive us and guide us towards the Right path, following the example of our Prophet Mohammed (SAW) and open our hearts to

understand our Deen.. Aameen

Edited by: saba2 on Saturday, September 04, 2010 2:27 AM

Edited by: saba2 on Saturday, September 04, 2010 2:28 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker