Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sam10

USA
Topic initiated on Monday, August 16, 2010  -  10:47 AM Reply with quote
Raising Hands to make dua??????????

Salam,
i was recently listening to a lecture about salah and common errors we make and the scholar answered a question about making dua and said that in the whole 23 years of the Prophet (saw) we dont have a single narration where he made dua'a by raising his hands after the sal'ah.
The Scholar also stated that saying du’aa’ out loud after the five daily prayers or regular Sunnah prayers, or reciting du’aa’ in unison as a regular practice is a reprehensible innovation (bid’ah), because it was not proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did anything like that. Whoever makes du’aa’ after the obligatory or regular Sunnah prayers in unison is going against the way of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and for those people to accuse those who disagree with them of being kaafirs and not belonging to Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, is misguidance, ignorance and a distortion of the facts
Allah hu Alam
JazakAllah
Sister Sam
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 23, 2010  -  6:36 PM Reply with quote
W Salam dear,
the lecture you heard is the opinion of one Group only. THERE ARE PPL WHO HAVE SOME OTHER VIEW ON BEHALF OF SOME OTHER EVIDENCES.
Pl note that only narrations do not make Sharee'ah. We need to know the long tradition 1st that is called Sunnah.
When Arab ppl were offering Salah in Arabic they harldy need an additional Dua after Salah.
when U'll ask that same scholar that Can U make ur Dua at the end of Salah in ur own language? his answer surely be NO n then u'll need to make dua'a after Salah n then doing so by raising hands has no harm in itself.
However I assure U that u can even make ur Dua in the Salah after the Durood in ur own language before the end of Salah, Then the dua after the Salah will become an Extra thing for U. Isn't it like that?
Actually "saying du’aa’ out loud after the five daily prayers or regular Sunnah prayers, or reciting du’aa’ in unison" can become a reprehensible innovation (bid’ah) ONLY IF we do it as a regular compulsory practice and reffer it towards the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them). But if u n me or any1 make this du’aa’ after the obligatory or regular Sunnah prayers knowing the above mentioned fact n need fully then nothing is against it whether it's done individually or in union.
I hope dat the pt is clear to u now dear Sister (or may be daughter) Sam
abunoman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 26, 2010  -  4:41 AM Reply with quote
"However I assure U that u can even make ur Dua in the Salah after the Durood in ur own language before the end of Salah."

I am also of this opinion and use to practice that, but am little confused as I could not find any authentic reference in this regard. Please do refer if you have.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, August 26, 2010  -  3:04 PM Reply with quote
Pl go thru thr following. It may help u:
Utterances of the Prayer Worship
Javed Ahmad Ghamidi
(Tr. by:Shehzad Saleem)

Following are the various utterances of the prayer:

The prayer shall begin by saying اللهُ أكْبَر;

Then Surah Fatihah shall be recited during the qiyam, after which, according to one’s convenience, a portion from the rest of the Qur’an shall be recited;

While going into the ruku‘, اللهُ أكْبَر shall be pronounced;

While rising from the ruku‘, سَمِعَ اللهُ لِمَنْ حَمِدَهُ shall be uttered;

While going for the prostration and rising from it, اللهُ أكْبَر shall be pronounced;

While rising from the qa‘dah for the qiyam, اللهُ أكْبَر shall once again be pronounced;

At the end of the prayer, السَّلاُمُ عَلَيكُمْ وَ رَحْمَتُ اللهِ shall be said while facing towards the right and then the left;

اللهُ أكْبَر (God is the greatest), سَمِعَ اللهُ لِمَنْ حَمِدَهُ (God heard him who expressed his gratitude to Him) and السَّلاُمُ عَلَيكُمْ وَ رَحْمَتُ اللهِ (Peace and blessings of God be on you) shall always be said loudly. In the first two rak‘at of the maghrib and ‘isha prayers, and in both rak‘at of the fajr, Friday and ‘id prayers, the recital shall be loud. The recital shall always be silent in the third rak‘at of maghrib and in the third and fourth of the ‘isha prayer. In the zuhr and ‘asr prayers, the recital shall be silent in all the rak‘at.

These are the utterances prescribed by the shari‘ah for the prayer. They are in Arabic, and, like the practices of the prayer, are validated by the consensus and tawatur of the Muslim ummah. Besides these, a person can express any utterance in his own language which expresses the sovereignty of the Almighty, gratitude towards Him or is a supplication.

http://monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=64
abunoman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 27, 2010  -  3:43 AM Reply with quote
I went through the article you mentioned, but it didn't clear my cofusion.
My question is : is there any authentic reference that says that one could offer 'dua' in his own language (other than arabic) after 'tashhud' and before saying 'salam'.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker