Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
saba2

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, September 9, 2010  -  4:57 PM Reply with quote
Let's celebrate Eid

Eid-ul-Fitr is usually a time when families come together and special Eid meals are prepared to mark the end of fasting.

"I will never forget the destruction and suffering I have witnessed today. In the past I have witnessed many natural disasters around the world, but nothing like this."
- Ban Ki-Moon, U.N. Secretary-General

so how can we celebrate Eid? Can we prepare special foods decorate our homes with flowers, buy new clothes, bangles, mehndi cones ,shoes, sandals,bags ,clips ?

We should do all that because to do all this we will spend money and that 'spending' will become someone else's income and give them a chance to celebrate Eid. Celebration goes hand in hand with buying and this buying is necessary for those people who rely on this income on these occaisions eg. bakerys and Sweet merchants hire extra people on daily wages for extra load at this time. Mehndi cones, bangles are made specially in bulk at this time and make shift stalls are put up to sell these items.
So let's celebrate Eid but this Eid spend more buy a little extra mithai , more sets of bangles, Mehdi cones, clothes, shoes and go to your nearest relief camp and donate these items. Those people living in the camps or even living under the sky are looking forward to Eid, they want to wear clean new clothes, eat sweets, the girls want to wear bangles, apply mehndi.......... so let's celebrate.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 10, 2010  -  2:36 AM Reply with quote
Salam and Eid Mubarak to all

Please Share your Eid celebrations with the flood victims.
Pastway

USA
Posted - Friday, September 10, 2010  -  11:59 AM Reply with quote
Saba2 -

I know that our gifts would get there late, but could you recommend any reputable charities that those of us overseas could send physical items to? I'm sure many of us have donated to the flood victims already financially, but you are right, things like clean clothes and treats for the children would be most welcome . . . I'm sure not only for Eid but also beyond.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 10, 2010  -  2:19 PM Reply with quote
Salam Pastway
Jazak Allah for your concern and caring, it does not matter if gifts reach them late as long as they reach them with the message that people around the world care for them and doing whatever they can to elevate their suffering. I know a group in New York is sending relief goods through P.I.A. our air line. I will find out their address and let You know.
Pastway

USA
Posted - Saturday, September 11, 2010  -  12:57 PM Reply with quote
Thank you so much!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2010  -  3:29 AM Reply with quote
you are welcome 'pastway'

Sis! we r waiting for U to come back!!!
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 30, 2010  -  4:28 PM Reply with quote
Salam I am so so sorry for delaying my reply but somehow I haven't been able to get the address either they are not doing it any more or something else but i can't seem to get their address. i know i promised but was not able to keep it. again sincere apologies if anyone knows of a group sending aid or relief goods from U.S.A. to Pakistan do let us know.
Pastway

USA
Posted - Friday, October 1, 2010  -  1:19 AM Reply with quote
Thank you so much for looking, saba . . . I wasn't able to locate one either, so definitely do not consider it any sort of failure on your part. Due to the current political situation between our countries, I would not be surprised at all if physical aide was cut off by our side. *sarcastically* You know how we Americans are, after all, always trying to hide guns in portable water filters and the like. *sighs and shakes head*

Thank you so much for your efforts, though. Hopefully if I can make it to the Middle East this summer, Insha'Allah, I can ship from somewhere closer.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker