Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Tariq Hashmi

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, January 3, 2004  -  1:20 PM Reply with quote
Module 1: Quran explains the Quran

<b> How does the Quran explains the Quran. Discuss at least two examples to substantiate your view. </b>
nayeck

MAURITIUS
Posted - Sunday, March 7, 2004  -  8:45 AM Reply with quote
by Sunnah
Tariq Hashmi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 8, 2004  -  1:53 PM Reply with quote
salams Nayek!
I am sorry i could not understand what your answer really is. Or the Question is not clear to you.
KashifAshrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 6, 2008  -  3:40 PM Reply with quote
as in 1:7 has explaned in quran i dont konw the reference but there has explained that The Way of whom we have blessed are Prophets, Siddiqin, Martyerd in Allah's way etc.

as in 2:254 the people whom allow the accession in 43:67
Tariq Hashmi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 9, 2008  -  7:54 AM Reply with quote
Thanks Kashif for your response. I believe you have pointed out the right examples of interpretation of verses with the help of verses.
Jazakallah
hadia_syeda

USA
Posted - Tuesday, June 10, 2008  -  3:48 AM Reply with quote
I dont understand the question
hadia_syeda

USA
Posted - Tuesday, June 10, 2008  -  4:10 AM Reply with quote
A subject might be touched upon in one ayah and another ayah might refer to the same subject in more detail. For example, multiple stories of the Prophets are discussed in the Quran and more than one ayah explains the story of each Prophet.

17:61 Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": They bowed down except Iblis: He said, "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"

18:50 Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!

17:61 tells that Iblis refused to prostrate before Adam (als) and therefore broke the command of Allah (SWT) however this ayah does not give us the details. However, 18:50 gives us the details.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 16, 2008  -  5:03 AM Reply with quote
It looks that you've understood this Q now as you've given one correct example of "How Quran explains itself".

Thanks & keep posting.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 19, 2008  -  12:16 AM Reply with quote
Allah had ordered the angels to bow down to Adam and not the jins. Why then Iblis, who is stated to be a jin, was condemned for disobedience.
hadia_syeda

USA
Posted - Thursday, June 19, 2008  -  1:01 AM Reply with quote
Iblis was a really pious jinn and therefore he was given the same status has the angels.
KashifAshrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 19, 2008  -  5:13 PM Reply with quote
If Iblis was not ordered because he was Jinn then why he didnt argue that you havent ordered me so how can i Bow down to Adam, on the contrary Iblis said how can i Bow down to him he Who created with clay and i m from Fire, this type answer clarifies itself that Iblis himself know that he is include in this Bowing to Adam order...
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 20, 2008  -  5:25 AM Reply with quote
Dear Mr. Tilawat

Your Q is right but Kashif has correctly answered it. But One thing still remains unclear & that is Why Iblees despite being a Jinn was required to do what Angels were asked to do? Normally the Answer given to it is what sister Hadia had said in her post.

I hope that its help you in this regard.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 20, 2008  -  2:47 PM Reply with quote
Dear Ibrahim

Sorry, I am not satisfied with the answer. The answer given by Hadia is all the more confusing. It raises more questions than it answers. Should I take it that Iblis disobeyed Allah because he was pious?

In my view Iblis was definitely an angel but he was too intelligent, a genius, you may say. He saw the contradiction in Allah's order asking him bowing down to 'Non-Allah' against his standing
order of 'Touheed' and 'Shirk' which forbid bowing before 'gheir-Allah'. He accused God openly that He has confused him (gumrah kia) and so he would confuse humans in retaliation and God did grant that prayer of his.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, June 21, 2008  -  4:47 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother

I'm afraid, your point of view doesn't look correct. 1st of All in the presence of clear statement of Qur'an that Iblees was a Jinn, your view that he was an angel cannot be accepted.
2ndly Qur'an has declared that Iblees denied the order of his God. When bowing was the order of God himself, then it has nothing to do with Tawheed or Shirk. Don't you know that if the Traffic Sargent orders us to cross the red light then we can't object that it's against the law so we'll not obey him.
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, June 21, 2008  -  7:35 AM Reply with quote
And we see this example fairly commonly on motor ways when some construction work is going on -that the traffic from the opposite side is directed by the traffic management itself to use a part of the parallel road going into the direction of the oncoming traffic but in a segregated queue; the reason being the betterment of the future traffic.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, June 22, 2008  -  2:25 AM Reply with quote
My God! So you mean the basic tenants of Islam, 'Touheed' and 'Shirk', are just matters of traffic and Allah in this case was acting just a traffic Sargent Who issued just a penalty ticket to Iblis for contravening His traffic signal which was actually against the traffic rules. No sir, excuse me you are making the matter worse confused.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker