Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
david_macrae

USA
Topic initiated on Friday, September 23, 2011  -  4:05 PM Reply with quote
welcome from new member

as salaamu alaikum

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is david. I am from the united states and just started reading the Quran and really found a lot of truth in it. I can here to learn more and even possibly become muslim.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, September 24, 2011  -  12:31 AM Reply with quote
Wassalam David, welcome to the forums and a very warm welcome to Islam. We have a lot of courses which will give you knowledge and understanding of Islam. If you want to learn generally you can start a topic here. As far as becoming a Muslim is concerned you should contact the nearest Islamic centre in your area they can guide you better.
david_macrae

USA
Posted - Sunday, September 25, 2011  -  4:55 PM Reply with quote
Wassalam,

I have send e-mail to the closest place near me. Hopefully I will be metting with some one next week to begin learning more.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 26, 2011  -  3:02 PM Reply with quote
I am sure you will hear from the Islamic Centre soon but meanwhile if you need any help in your quest to learn about Islam do let us know.
Mazhara

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 27, 2011  -  8:24 PM Reply with quote
Welcome. It is the promise of Allah, the Exalted, that whoever truly seeks guidance, he will certainly get the guidance. The source of guidance is only one, the Book, Grand Qur'aan.

People picking up books have different motives and inclinations, serious as well as non-serious to the extent of few for just killing the time. However, the truth seekers wish to get hold of only such books which would reveal to them the knowledge, information, truth and fact. Nevertheless, the fear, apprehension and uncertainty is always there that whether or not one will find some truth and fact in the book after going through the entire volume and that it might turn out to be an exercise in futility and waste of time.

Friends, who are coming across the Qur'aan for the first time, may reflect on a unique and unprecedented thing, which they never noticed in any book of the world they might have read so far. Those books do not care for your fears, apprehensions, uncertainties and doubts, and time but you still read them in the hope to find some knowledge and truth. Look into the Book "who" respects your concerns/fears. It tells you about its peculiarity immediately after cognitive introduction :

This/here is that Book, you will find all the time reading it, which has the characteristic that within its contents there is absolutely no suspicious/conjectural/whimsical/conflicting/un-certain/illusory/perplexing/ disconcerting matter, causing distraught emotional uncertain states/psychological disturbance. [this feature makes it the Unique Book, the only infinitely reliable Book]. [Refer 2:002]

This emphatic and absolute negation of presence of any statement within the Book, that might cause disturbance, disquiet or agitation of minds and hearts, helps satisfy your concern, apprehension and uncertainty regarding achievement of the objective of reading a book. This negation might place your mind in tranquil state since it subtly suggests that you will certainly find in the Book nothing but the established and proven truth, a source of tranquility of heart and mind.

Introduction of Qur'aan: The only Infinitely Reliable Book
mustafakhan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 2, 2011  -  3:40 AM Reply with quote
welcome davide
i am new comer too.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 2, 2011  -  3:45 AM Reply with quote
Welcome mustafa, how can we be of service to you?
Guidance

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 22, 2011  -  8:49 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum,

Abdul Rehman here from pakistan.

What are the essentials for a positive correspondings ?
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 28, 2011  -  12:36 PM Reply with quote
Walaikum Assalam

If you want opinions or need to interact

concerning a topic you need

understanding for you can start a new

discussion. You are also welcome to

join and discuss the topics already

being discussed.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker