Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Sanwal

INDIA
Posted - Monday, November 14, 2011  -  1:13 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

I agree with all those who say,
"Any type of partnership with Allah..........

How can anyone have partnership with Allah?

A partnership is a nominate contract between individuals who, in a spirit of cooperation, agree to carry on an enterprise; contribute to it by combining property, knowledge or activities; and share its profit.

You know very well that the believers say Allah, “Wahdahoo La Shareek”
If you believe,
Now tell, “What are the meanings of this Arabic word Shareek?”
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 14, 2011  -  1:32 PM Reply with quote
All of you gentlemen are correct about what is said and yes what of those who don't know at all? ...... Then maybe for that we are responsible for not reaching out and not doing enough to bring awareness.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, November 14, 2011  -  1:42 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Salam .... what of those have no idea and are not literate to make the conclusions themselves?
Wa 'alaykum assalam wa Rahmatullah. The following article has some answers to your question.

http://www.academicjournals.org/jmcs/PDF/pdf2009/Nov/Jusoh%20and%20Jusoff.pdf
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 14, 2011  -  3:08 PM Reply with quote
A very informative article, the problem we have at least in Pakistan is that we haven't recognised or don't want to the youth of today, we teach Islamiyat in schools the most boring way, the students are a product of a digital world who have access to information images and music, yet we as parents educators cannot come up to the challenge. We can't decide weather it is acceptable to integrate music in our curriculum or use role play, drama and creative movement in our teaching
methodologies. So what we do is what I call is safe teaching keep it text book oriented lecture based no role play no drama no creating presentations or using multimedia. To produce thinkers you have to give them the right to question and come to their own conclusions. In my experience the students or youth do come to the correct conclusion, it may be a different one from ours but correct. Our youth is exposed to or has access to people and information which we refuse to acknowledge or talk about ourselves. They are globally connected with their i pods i phones i pads, cell phones computers, laptops yet we think we can stop information or control it.
Our students have to be as good as any student abroad and they can be but we ourselves are holding them back. Major battles have to be fought just to integrate music drama role play and creative movement in our curriculum.The sad part is when we limit our curriculum we rob the students of seeing the clean, informative and enjoyable side to learning.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, November 15, 2011  -  1:40 AM Reply with quote
quote:

......just to integrate music drama role play and creative movement in our curriculum.
Wait a minute! You seem to be confused about what multimedia acually means. Multimedia is distinguished from mixed media in fine art.

Multimedia is usually recorded and played, displayed or accessed by information content processing devices, such as computerized and electronic devices, but can also be part of a live performance. It is nothing but a media and content that uses a combination of different content forms. Multimedia includes a combination of text, audio, still images, animation, video, or interactivity content forms.

The term multimedia is used in contrast to media which use only rudimentary computer display such as text-only, or traditional forms of printed or hand-produced material.

It is not necessary that u include prohibited forms of music.

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:40 AM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 15, 2011  -  1:48 PM Reply with quote
No I am not confused I know what is the purpose of Multimedia and we use it for our teaching too when I mentioned music and drama I didn't mean the prohibited kind that the youth is well oriented with as it is through technology, I meant the kind which is acceptable to all and not objectionable it is a tool for teaching for young children. media also uses the same art , drama music to make a subject interesting.

Edited by: saba2 on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:16 PM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, November 16, 2011  -  1:21 PM Reply with quote
So Shamsher have we answered your question? I want to know about the question asked by Sanwal " what about people who are unaware or not educated enough to be able to find out through investigation?"
Sanwal

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, November 17, 2011  -  10:26 AM Reply with quote
quote:

So Shamsher have we answered your question? I want to know about the question asked by Sanwal " what about people who are unaware or not educated enough to be able to find out through investigation?"

My question was as under NOT you mentioned:
What do you think about those who don't at all know,
“What are the meanings of the Arabic word Shareek, if they say Allah, “Wahdahoo La Shareek”?”
Sanwal

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, November 17, 2011  -  10:30 AM Reply with quote
Saba2
Which type of investigation do you mean?
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 17, 2011  -  2:59 PM Reply with quote
I am sorry Sanwal I misunderstood, you were quoting me and your question was separate.
when I said investigation I meant when a person is uneducated and misguided or brought up with wrong teachings he does not have the tool of education to be able to find out the real message. An educated person has the upper hand he can read up and come to his conclusions.

Edited by: saba2 on Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:02 PM
Sanwal

INDIA
Posted - Friday, November 18, 2011  -  1:22 AM Reply with quote
Ok, I think Quran does not demand anyone to be highly educated and degree holders. It just denamd us, "afla tadabbaroon", " afala taaqeloon"," and "afala tashoroon" etc.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, November 18, 2011  -  7:24 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Ok, I think Quran does not demand anyone to be highly educated and degree holders..........
You think? No doubt the Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam placed the Qur'an in front of the common man (what we call in India as "aam aadmi") and not before any "highly educated degree holders".

Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa also revealed to him Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam through Jibriel alaihissalam, the 'wisdom' with which to teach and explain the Book of Allah before the 'aam aadmi'.

Al-Imran [3:164]

لَقَدْ مَنَّ اللّهُ عَلَى الْمُؤمِنِينَ إِذْ بَعَثَ فِيهِمْ رَسُولاً مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَإِن كَانُواْ مِن قَبْلُ لَفِي ضَلالٍ مُّبِينٍ

3:164 Allah did confer a great favour on the believers when He sent among them an apostle from among themselves, rehearsing unto them the Signs of Allah, sanctifying them, and instructing them in Scripture and Wisdom, while, before that, they had been in manifest error.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 18, 2011  -  11:41 AM Reply with quote
When i said educated I didn't mean a degree but enough education to be able to read and write. For an 'Aam Admi' to understand Quran and Sunnah you need to be able to read and write to arrive at independent conclusions. If even this much literary is not there then where will that guidance come from?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, November 18, 2011  -  2:22 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...For an 'Aam Admi' to understand Quran and Sunnah you need to be able to read and write .....

Was the Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam the only 'ummiyy' ?

Were all the beduins who learnt Qur'an and Sunnah from him 'literates;?

quote:

......... If even this much literary is not there then where will that guidance come from?
Guidance comes from Allah. When I was born, I did not know even my mother tongue. Allah gave me the in-built capacity to learn the language though I did not know any other language through which I could learn my mother tongue..
samsher

INDIA
Posted - Friday, November 25, 2011  -  9:37 AM Reply with quote
I recently red the followings, which I think, are correct and want that everyone may read and re-consider;-

WHO ARE WE WARNED NOT TO WORSHIP?

The Quran states that the human being is prone to worship any one of the following:

1- Material possessions:

If the only thing you think of is money and how to make money, if your mind is primarily occupied with issues like: 'how much will I make out of this deal?' and 'what will I gain out of this person?'....etc, if everything in your life is assessed in a material sense then it is said that you worship money. If your business or your property distracts you from worshipping God, then you worship your possessions. The following verses all warn against such dangers:

a- The following parable in Sura 18, portrays the tale of the man who was so occupied with his garden to the extent of setting it up as an idol and arrogantly boasting about it to his friend saying that it will never cease to yield its crop. Consequently, God wiped it out as a punishment and a lesson for his idolatry:

“Indeed his crop was wiped out, and he ended up sorrowful, lamenting what he had spent on it in vain, as his property lay barren. He said, ‘I wish I never set up my property as an idol beside my Lord.” 18:42

b- The story of Solomon and the horses that distracted him from worshipping God goes as follows:

“One day he became preoccupied with some beautiful horses, until the night fell. He then said ‘I enjoyed the material things more than I enjoyed worshipping my Lord, until the sun was gone” 38:31-32

Solomon did not commit idol worship, but he allowed material possessions to distract him from worshipping God. As a result of that he repented. Realizing that nothing should have distracted him from worshipping God he got rid of the horses.

c- Indeed the righteous in the sight of God are described in Sura 24:

“People who are not distracted by business or trade from commemorating God” 24:37

2- Children and spouse:

The Quran warns strongly that our offspring and spouses are a ‘Fetnah’ (test) of our true Worship. Are we going to become so rapped up in them and be distracted from worshipping God? Consider the following verses:

a- “....as the load gets heavier (with pregnancy) they implore God their Lord, ‘If you grant us a good child, we will be truly grateful.’ But when He gives them a good child, they turn His gift into an idol that rivals Him. God be exalted, far above any partners” 7:189-190

b- “O you who believe, your spouses and your children can be your enemies, beware of them” 64:14

c- “Your possessions and your children are indeed a test for you and God possesses a great recompense” 64:15

3- One's own ego:

The Quran also warns against worshipping our own self. People with inflated egos are the ones mostly prone to such behavior. They will idolize themselves and live in a permanent illusion of vanity. The Quran warns against that:

a- “Have you seen the one whose God is his ego ? Will you be his advocate?” 25:43

b- The Quran states that to protect one’s self against this danger we should always behave with modesty and humility. God does not like the conceited and egotistic:

“God does not love the arrogant showoffs” 31:18

The close connection between worshipping God alone and being humble is also made evident in verse 36 of Sura 4. The verse starts with:

“Worship God and do not associate any one to Him”

and ends with the Words:

“God does not love arrogant showoffs” 4:36

c- A case of a whole people ending up worshipping themselves, is narrated in the Quran in relationship with the Jews. Their vanity and egotism eluded them into thinking that they are God’s chosen race:

“Say, ‘O you who are Jewish, if you have claimed that you are God’s chosen ones, to the exclusion of all other people, then long for death if you are sincere” 62:6

Equally, their vanity and egotism eluded them into proclaiming that heaven was exclusively reserved for them!

“Say, ‘If the abode of the Hereafter of God is exclusively reserved for you of all people, then you should long for death if you are sincere” 2:94

4- Objects:

Perhaps the more familiar example in this category is the worship of stone and statue idols. Sadly, no particular religious group is innocent of such transgression. The Quran warns very strongly against any association with stone, altars or monuments (5:90). In the world today there are those who still worship such objects as statues, the sun, fire, or even certain animals. All these groups are promised great punishment in the Hereafter.

5- The angels, messengers and saints:

There is a very thin line between idolization and worshipping. What would you call those who kiss the ground which the Pope walks on? Are they idolizing the Pope or are they in fact worshipping him? What do you call those who visit the shrines of ‘Al-Hussein’ or ‘El-Sayeda Zeinab’ (Muslim saints) and call on them to answer their prayers or to intercede on their behalf! The Quran states categorically that to call on anyone other than God is to commit idol worship. The Quran warns very specifically against idolizing or worshipping God’s messengers, the saints or the angels:

First

The Quran establishes the fact that no genuine messenger will ever command his people to glorify him or idolize him:

“Never would a human being whom God had blessed with the Scripture and Prophethood say to the people ‘Idolize me besides God’ but instead ‘devote yourself absolutely to your Lord alone’ according to the Scripture you preach and the teachings you learn. Nor would he command you to idolize the angels and the prophets as Lords. Would he exhort you to disbelieve after becoming submitters?” 3:79-80

Nor will any genuine messenger ask for any kind of return for his services:

“I do not ask of you any return, my reward comes from the Lord of the universe” 26:109

Second

The Quran asserts that all those who died, whether they are saints, messengers or any idols cannot hear us when we call on them.

“Any idols you set up beside Him do not possess not even a seed’s thin coating. If you call on them, they cannot hear you. Even if they could hear you, they would not respond to you. On the day of Resurrection, they will disown you. None can inform you like the Most Cognizant” 35:13-14

On the day of Judgment those who have been idolized will disown the ones who idolized them:

“There are some people who have set up idols whom they love as the love of God. Those who truly believe love God the most. If only the transgressors would see themselves when they see the retribution ! They will realize then that all power belongs to God alone and that God’s retribution is awesome. Those who were idolized will disown those who idolized them. They will see the retribution and all ties among them will be severed. Those who committed idolatry will say, ‘If we only had another chance, we would disown them as they have disowned us now. God thus shows them the consequences of their works as nothing but remorse; they will never exit Hell” 2:165-167

Third

The Quran warns very strongly against setting up God's messengers as idols:

“Do those who disbelieve think that they could get away with setting up My servants as idols besides Me ? We have prepared Hell as an abode for the disbelievers” 18:102

“Say, ‘Implore whatever idols you have set up beside Him.’ They have no power to relieve your afflictions, nor can they prevent them. Even the idols that they implore are themselves seeking the means towards proximity to their Lord. They pray for His mercy, and fear His retribution. Surely , the retribution of your Lord is dreadful” 17:56-57

Fourth

Finally, the people who commit such transgressions will come up with the most outrageous excuses:

“Absolutely, ‘Al Deen Al Khales’ (pure religion) is due to God alone. Those who set up idols besides Him say, ‘We only worship them so that they would bring us closer to God” 39:3

6- The devil

There are various sects all over the world today who worship Satan/Lucifer (the devil). They engage in all sorts of vile activities such as blood drinking, human sacrifices and carnal depravity. Indeed this is expected of the servants of the devil. The Quran states that the devil will order his followers to commit evil:

“The devil promises you poverty and commands you to commit evil” 2:268

We are given a reminder in the Quran that God took a very early Covenant from all of us, not to worship the devil :

“Did I not take a Covenant from you children of Adam, that you shall not worship the devil, that he is your most potent enemy ? And that you shall worship Me (alone) ? This is a straight path” 36:60-61

“Anyone who adopts the devil as a Lord, instead of God has incurred a profound loss” 4:119

The words of Abraham to his father carried the same warning:

“O my father, do not worship the devil. The devil has rebelled against the Most Gracious” 19:44

Specially, remember the followings;-

[42:21] They follow idols who decree for them religious laws never authorized by GOD. If it were not for the predetermined decision, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the transgressors have incurred a painful retribution.

[30:31-32] You shall submit to Him, reverence Him, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and - whatever you do - DO NOT EVER FALL INTO IDOL WORSHIP LIKE THOSE WHO DIVIDE THEIR RELIGION INTO SECTS; EACH PARTY REJOICING WITH WHAT THEY HAVE.

samsherali
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 28, 2011  -  12:22 PM Reply with quote
A very comprehensive list of things under
"WHO ARE WE WARNED NOT TO WORSHIP?"
Thank you for posting it like this all combined into one place, I am going to print it out and keep it handy where I can read it every day or every other day. You see being a mother it is very important for me to be reminded of keeping my love in check and not going overboard, sometimes we as parents get so wrapped up in parental issues and fulfilling needs of our children that we tip the balance towards going astray. We not only go astray ourselves but push our children towards it also. We make them think that their studies and academic achievements is the most important thing in life though the most important is the right path given to us.
Remembering Allah at all times and understanding the Quran will help us keep the balance in life we all need and keep us in check from going astray. Thank you Aboosait and Sanwal for sharing your knowledge with us.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker