Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Sehar

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Tuesday, January 20, 2004  -  6:34 PM Reply with quote
Polytheism

Could you explain what the act of Polytheism is, I understand its the not forgiven act...
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 22, 2004  -  12:42 PM Reply with quote
Polytheism is the opposite of monotheism. In other words, polytheism is a belief that there are more than one God or that someone/something shares in the essential attributes of the One God--Alalh the Almighty.

In the Hereafter, this sin will not be forgiven. Every sin or crime, howsoever heinous it may be, will however be forgiven by the Lord if the criminal repents in this world before his departure to the next. In any case, if he has infringed upon the rights of others, he will also be required to compensate for the loss he has cuased to them.
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 22, 2004  -  1:05 PM Reply with quote

It is really a very useful discussion. Is it the case that every polythiestic act will not be forgiven or adopting polythiesm as religion is meant here? Why after all polythiesm or polythiestic act are unforgiveable sins? Man could forgive every wrong committed to him why cannot God?

Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 22, 2004  -  4:13 PM Reply with quote
Yes, Indeed.

You have raised a good point.

We need to know that it is not you and me who say that criminals guilty of polytheism will not be forgiven. It is the Lord who declares in the Holy Qur'an that He will forgive every sin but not the filthy act of polytheism.

The reason seems to me is the fact that the Lord is one and alone is patently obvious to mankind. It is indeed a built in belief and their intuition bears testimony to the Oneness of His Lordship. The Holy Qur'an has one awe inspiring anecdote to relate about mankind in this regard. It says that Allah, before sending any human on earth, had all the souls made one pact with Him. The Lord asked them if he was their Lord and they all replied in His very presence. Why not! Could that stark reality be doubted!? It seems that all humans are carrying the remembrance of this incidence within their souls. This is not tangible, I accept. But like the existence of conscience is not tangible yet we can tell by experience that something like conscience exists, we can also feel the influence of an inward assertion that there is One God. It is for this reason that the majority of mankind has always believed in One God. Although there are polytheistic practices and beliefs, the majority conclusively arrives at one end: there is one Supreme Being. In summary, this belief in one God is inherent. The following verses of the Holy Qur'an refer to this:

And (remember) when thy Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their reins, their souls, and made them testify of themselves, (saying): Am I not your Lord? They said: Yea, verily. We testify. (That was) lest ye should say at the Day of Resurrection: Lo! of this we were unaware. (7:172)

There is however one thing to remember that Allah shall be the Judge on the Last Day of Judgment. He is absolutely just and will definitely dispense the justice in the perfect manner. Therefore, anyone who will come up with a reasonable excuse for his crime will be given allowances by the Lord. Actually, we do not know what is in the hearts of men, but Allah does. He therefore takes into account each and every point that will merit consideration before He will finally decide the matter.

Why God will not forgive polytheism when man can forgive every crime perpetrated against him? I have reason to doubt this. Every person who has sense of honor and self esteem cannot forgive a crime that is committed against his honor though he can forgive crimes against his wealth and even life but never HONOR. Honor is not be compromised. No crime against honor will be forgiven unless some genuine excuse is presented. This is so true about Allah the Almighty. Allah does not want, under any circumstances, that anyone should dare associate with Him anything that is not like Him.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker