Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
khargoshjr

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, February 29, 2004  -  7:46 AM Reply with quote
Jealousy

<font color=purple>Salams</font id=purple><font color=green>Can a muslim be JEALOUS?</font id=green> <font color=brown>If he does, what is the state of his iman, faith?</font id=brown>

hkhan
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 29, 2004  -  11:49 AM Reply with quote

Yes, a Muslim can also be jealous since he is also a human though he should not nourish the sentiments of jealousy. I mean these sentiments may go through him like a sudden violent wave of emotions but he ought to eliminate these as soon as he becomes aware. A task no doubt difficult yet essentially to be done.

All we know about jealousy is that it is not a desirable state of mind; it is sinful and profane thinking. We however cannot pronounce judgment about the jealous person. Why should we? We have no idea of the influences such people must have gone through; their intellectual capacity; the upbringing they received and their cultural background et cetera. We should never pass judgment against anyone. Leave that we must to God alone.

khargoshjr

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 29, 2004  -  3:01 PM Reply with quote
thank you v. much for that Jhangeer sb.

But it will be nice to have examples from islamic history too.
As I hv heard one of the Prophet's (pbuh) wives was caught by this feeling and was then adviced or told off by him?
Is this correct? and what actually happened?

hkhan
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2004  -  5:12 AM Reply with quote
envy is a green monster that waves through the blood like poison. it swims through veins and arteries and injects its sin into the heart of .. anybody. and hu so ever is hit with its sword of hate will never be cured. behold. detestation is born.
is this how enemies are formed? thru envy? jelousy? and pure resentment?
envy is, in its own way, a form of greatlessnes.
'Ooh, she has blue eyes. oooh i hate her, i hate her because she has prettier eyes than me. y is she pretier thn me???' and then the next step... 'o im so ugly'.
the fact is, Allah has handcrafted each of us with care and it may mater now hu is pretier or thiner or weighs les but wut maters mre is R U GREATFUL FOR WUT U HAV?
if not
y not
if yes
gud 4 u.
it is a proven fact that only 3 percent of women in the UK are happy with their bodies. all others are wrapped in their jelousy and hatred and finaly, greatlessness. y? because we al want sumthing BETTER than we already have.
BETTER.
a BETTER figure. a BETTER face. BETTER eyes.
but r we prepared 4 eye surgery? the heavy charges of lazer eye surgery are scary and the pain of ignoring that jam sandwich is too hard 4 any of us 2 bare (those who hav been on a diet wil no exactly wut i mean) so we sit and sulk and wach beautiful stars like britney spears flicking their prety, but airbrushd and fake, faces in ours making us hate them more and more.

envy and jealousy are one of the routes 2 hatred brothers and sisters and hating sumbody for having sumthing BETTER than us is pure ignorance. we do not luk past the hair, the skin, the eyes but we see and judge. as a brother was saying earlier on: we see and we JUDGE. this is very bad.
DNT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER
as this wil lead 2 jelusy... hatred... and then greatlesnes.
we must thank Allah for what we have. the atkins diet wil strip us of our money and natural bodies. fake?? not me. no thank you.
by calling our selves and others ugly, we are insulting the creations of God. this means we r caling the perfect, imperfect and we are saying the creator canot create.

envy cn come in good deeds. compete for his paradise but do it thru LUV.
luv is a thing that if u giv it away, u end up having MOREEEE!!!

LUVVVV
GREATFULNESSSS
and
NOT GIVING A TOSS IF JENNIFER ANISTON'S HAIR IS TO DIE FOR
are exits and cures for ENVY and HATRED.
hope that helps.
Loads of LUV (and GREATFULNESS)
XxBasmahxX
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, March 4, 2004  -  4:45 PM Reply with quote
thank you v. much for that Jhangeer sb.

But it will be nice to have examples from islamic history too.
As I hv heard one of the Prophet's (pbuh) wives was caught by this feeling and was then adviced or told off by him?
Is this correct? and what actually happened?

The Holy Qur'an reads:

O Prophet! Why bannest thou that which Allah hath made lawful for thee, seeking to please thy wives? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Allah hath made lawful for you (Muslims) absolution from your oaths (of such a kind), and Allah is your Protector. He is the Knower, the Wise. (66:1-2)

When the Prophet confided a fact unto one of his wives and when she afterward divulged it and Allah apprised him thereof, he made known (to her) part thereof and passed over part. And when he told it her she said: Who hath told thee? He said: The Knower, the Aware hath told me. (66:3)

These verses allude to two events. Allah has admonished the Prophet (pbuh) and His wives in these verses; and also exhorted them to the right approach in the affairs at hand. But the true nature of events have not been unfolded neither here nor anywhere else in the Holy Qur'an. Why not just pick the lesson and leave the details the authenticity of which cannot be substantiated beyond any shadow of doubt.

The lesson is:

1. There is no reason to drag anything in the ambit of forbidden things which Allah has allowed even to please your dear ones. In other words, a person should decide matters in the religious affairs keeping aside affinities and associations.

2. A wife should not disclose her husband's secrets to anyone. Generally speaking, secrets of all those who confide in us should be preserved. We should never break their trust.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker