1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next page >>
Page 4 of 8

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 28, 2005  -  7:52 PM Reply with quote
The Ayat- 2:231 is for those women who are divorced.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 28, 2005  -  7:56 PM Reply with quote
Quote- As it was never the practice of the Prophet to beat his wives or other women.

Because the wives of the prophet created no such situation for which God has used the words for the last resort
Quote- God has layed the situation in which as a last resort one can use hitting in a minimum respectable way to CONTROL EITHER HUSBAND WIFE OR CHILD.

In 4: 34 husband and the children are not mentioned.
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, December 1, 2005  -  2:51 AM Reply with quote
Re: Because the wives of the prophet
created no such situation...(Rakhtal)

Actually that is not true. At one time many of his wives created such a situation that he got very upset with them. A normal man would have used violence, but he resigned himself and moved away from them for several days and nights. There is mention of this reference even in the Quran.
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 1, 2005  -  4:32 AM Reply with quote
Salams,

Re: Because the wives of the prophet
created no such situation...(Rakhtal)

By the same anology then it can equally
be said that the Prophet created no
such situation by which any of his wives
would do something against God's limits.

And, in the Quran Allah swt says
that the Prophet is a perfect model
for all Muslims to follow (3:31-32)

Allah swt has never revealed any verse
in which a husband can be violent in
any sense towards his wife. Also this
would be in clear opposition and
contradiction to verse 2:231 and others
in the Quran 2:229, 30:21, 65:1-2.

I suggest you re-read my earlier post
on this thread and do further research.
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 1, 2005  -  7:22 PM Reply with quote
At one time many of his wives created such a situation that he got very upset with them.
----------------------------------------------

Any reference?
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 1, 2005  -  8:52 PM Reply with quote
quote:

you said implies whoever gives the statement
Ooooooooooooooooooooo

you said……. teh actual arabic word used in that ayah *which il add here soon i cnt remember it off the top of my head SORRY!!* states that the man has the responsible position of the head of the family but nt 2 make him rule over the family.

why do the clever women amphasise on their rights not the duties or the responsbilities which they try impose on their husbands?

i really dont know wat ur going on about brother- and im trying my best here bt i jst cnt help saying this: from ur reply i can clearly tel that ur either
1) not married
or
2) a very confused and bitter person
i suggest more quran and prayers- and time spent usfully insted of jst talking for the sake of talking? wasalaam
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 2, 2005  -  3:10 AM Reply with quote
Any reference? Rakhtal

Salams,

The Prophet's Disapproval of Women Beaters

Patient behavior was the practice of the Prophet, even when his wife dared to address him harshly. Once his mother-in-law- saw her daugher strike him with her fist on his noble chest. When the enraged mother -in-law began to reproach her daugher, the Prophet smilingly said, "Leave her alone; they do worse than that."

Once Abu Bakr, his father-in-law, was invited to settle some misunderstanding between him and Aishah. The Prophet said to her, "Will you speak, or shall I speak?" Aisha said, "You speak, but do not say except the truth." Abu Bakr was so outraged that he immediately struck her severely, forcing her to run and seek protection behind the back of the Prophet. Abu Bakr said, "O you the enemy of herself! Does the Messenger of Allah say but the truth?" The Prophet said, "O Abu Bakr, we did not invite you for this harsh dealing with Aishah, nor did we anticipate it." quoted in: marriage in Islam: Mutual Rights and Obligations Muhammad Abdul Rauf Ph.D

usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 2, 2005  -  4:19 AM Reply with quote
Conditions of beating Wife

There are few women whom never listen to husbands and beating may be required as a last resort. This I heard in the Friday sermon few weeks earlier.

1) This should be done as a last resort.

2) While beating the wife don’t hit the face

3) Heart must be pure for taking any revange but to make her correct.

4) Don’t hit too hard, sign of beating must not be at the body.

There are few Hadith and actions of Shaba in this regard

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he Beat his wife. (Abudawad Book #11, Hadith #2142)

Yahya related to me from Malik that Abdullah ibn Dinar said, "A man came to Abdullah ibn Umar when I waswith him at the place where judgments were given and asked him about the suckling of an older person. Abdullah ibn Umar replied, 'A man came to Umar ibn al-Khattab and said, 'I have a slave-girl and I used to have intercourse with her. My wife went to her and suckled her. When I went to the girl, my wife told me to watch out, because she had suckled her!' Umar told him to Beat his wife and to go to his slave-girl because kinship by suckling was only by the suckling of the young.' " (Muwatta Book #30, Hadith #30.2.13)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zam'a: The Prophet forbade laughing at a person who passes wind, and said, "How does anyone of you Beat his wife as he Beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?" And Hisham said, "As he Beats his slave" (
Bukhari Book #73, Hadith #68)
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 2, 2005  -  3:39 PM Reply with quote
As-Salaamu Alaikum All,

I have a small query.

The word “Darb” has been used in the translation. I believe it is the same word we use in Urdu that we pronounce as “Zarb”. The word “Zarb” means to hurt; but the word Beat means to strike more than once i.e. continuous striking.

Can anyone clear why the word “Beat” has been used for a word “Darb” in the translation?

Edited by: nauman on Friday, December 02, 2005 4:31 PM
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 2, 2005  -  10:50 PM Reply with quote
This hadith clearly contradicts beating:
----------------------------------

The Hadith are besides the circumstances created for the last resort i.e. Hadith does not say to refrain from the last resort if the circumstances are there. OR Before the last resort husbands must be kind to their wives
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 2, 2005  -  10:54 PM Reply with quote
quoted in: marriage in Islam: Mutual Rights and Obligations Muhammad Abdul Rauf Ph.D
------------------

Please give the full reference, with page number etc.
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, December 4, 2005  -  8:57 AM Reply with quote

Salams,

I suggest you first start with the book of Allah you
already have at home. Read verse 2:231 of the Quran
and understand its meaning.

That is more than sufficient.

Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 5, 2005  -  8:02 PM Reply with quote
Thanx for the advice but I disagree vehemently to your interpretation.
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 6, 2005  -  1:57 AM Reply with quote

Rakhtal,

My original post was not for you.

You can follow anyone, the Quran interpretations
on verse 2:231 are all the same!

ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 6, 2005  -  5:27 AM Reply with quote
quote:

As-Salaamu Alaikum All,

I have a small query.

The word “Darb” has been used in the translation. I believe it is the same word we use in Urdu that we pronounce as “Zarb”. The word “Zarb” means to hurt; but the word Beat means to strike more than once i.e. continuous striking.

Can anyone clear why the word “Beat” has been used for a word “Darb” in the translation?

nauman

wa Salaam Br. Nu'man

I'm afraid, U r NOT right here Bcoz The word “Zarb” means to Beat in Arabic & Not to Hurt as U've said & to beat Does Not means All the time to strike more than once i.e. continuous striking.

So as for as the Meanings of ZARB r concerned, they r V clear, However it shud be NOTED v carefully that Beating a wife is the LAST step to SAVE a FAMILY b4 the Divorce that will END the Relation. So one shud NOT consider that the "Allowance of Beating Wifes" is OR can be a ROUTINE.

I hope this Helps.
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 6, 2005  -  1:24 PM Reply with quote
As-Salaamu Alaikum Mr. Ibrahim,

Thanks for the clarification.

This means that the word "Zarb" is not used in Urdu and Arabic in the same context.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next page >>
Page 4 of 8

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker