Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
thekra

ITALY
Topic initiated on Thursday, March 18, 2004  -  4:50 PM Reply with quote
Gregorian dates indication

I was learning the "Revelation of the Qur'an" and found this written: <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Farahi (d: 1930 AD) <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
I just wanted to point out that AD means Anno Domini, which in Latin means Lord's year.
I guess to mention Gregorian dates we should better use CE instead of AD, as CE means Christian Era.
We are not supposed to believe that Jesus was the Lord, so we are not supposed to name a year AD... year of the Lord, cause it is after Jesus. AD is a merely Christian term.
This is not meant to offend anybody, it's just a little suggestion ;)
Assalamu alaykum,
Thekra
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 19, 2004  -  7:59 PM Reply with quote
peace/waalaykum assalam sr.
welcome & v. nice to see u on forum

this is indeed v. informative b/c i always thought AD meant 'After the Death of christ' and BC 'Before Christ'
good versions though i suppose! instead of the Lord one!!
thanks a lot/jazak'Allah

regards
henna

thekra

ITALY
Posted - Saturday, March 20, 2004  -  6:34 AM Reply with quote
Well, AD or Anno Domini is counted out starting from the birth of Jesus, not from his death ;)
While BC means before Christ as you correctly said.
Assalamu alaykum,
Thekra

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker