Page 1 of 7

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
try2b

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, June 13, 2004  -  7:41 AM Reply with quote
Threading and other forms of beautification

Assalaam-o-Alaikum wa rahmatullahe wabarakatuhu

beautification is a part of one's life, especially a woman's. not necessarily..; but seeing all the frenzy created over this aspect brings home to mind that it is indeed a major part of their lives. the question arises, that to what extent should it be exercised?

i have particularly threading of eyebrows in mind.

what if one does not change the shape of the brows themselves, but does away with the stray hairs that grow around them? someone i know had her brows plucked to a 'neat' shape when she was 16. whereas she did not really need that. now, because of that, certain stray hairs have started growing above the eyelids and below them. these are unsightly, and she has to keep them away from her face. please comment, what is the ruling in this regard; to pluck or not to pluck... the stray hair around brows while letting their original shape being kept intact?
Raffia

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 14, 2004  -  10:41 PM Reply with quote
Asalaamu Alaykum,

I'm aware of a hadith where the prophet (saw) said that a woman who shapes her eyebrows will not smell the fragrance of paradise but I am aware that if you have unsightly hair on your face you are permitted to remove it. I'm not an Islamic scholar but if you put the two together it appears that unless your eyebrows are hairy to an unsightly extent then you are not permitted to pluck your eyebrows. E.g. some women have eyesbrows with little gap in the middle so it looks like one big eyebrow. Perhaps they are permitted to pluck in the middle but not anymore so as to start forming a shape.

I hope that helps and I'm sorry I don't have any Hadith to back up what I'm saying but I'm sure if you searched on the internet you would find the required hadith.
suecornish

USA
Posted - Friday, June 25, 2004  -  4:17 AM Reply with quote
Assalam Alakum.
Can anyone help me with henna and hands? I want to put a henna design on my palms but don't know exactly how to go about it or what design is appropriate?
try2b

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 29, 2004  -  4:53 AM Reply with quote
WaAlaikumussalaam
well, maybe this site can be of help. its your choice, however, to create your own design, or to make any traditional one

http://puja.com/mehndi/

please browse other sites on'mehndi', from the google search engine preferably. tell us about the results after that. wish you luck!
ayesha

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 2, 2004  -  8:39 AM Reply with quote
Salaam

Please refer to the following link for the answer to the question:

http://understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=900

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Regards,

Ayesha
ummjuwayriyah

USA
Posted - Friday, July 9, 2004  -  7:22 PM Reply with quote
A woman removing facial hair and hair from the legs and arms

Question: What is "an-nams"? And is it permissible for a woman to remove facial hair and the hair from her legs and arms if such hair causes the aversion of her husband?

Response: All praise is due to Allaah alone, and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon His Messenger and his family and his companions. To proceed:

"an-nams" is the removal of the hair from the eyebrows; And this is not permissible since the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) cursed the one who removed the hair from the eyebrows as well as the one who allowed such hair to be removed. It is (however) permissible for a woman to remove facial hair as well as the hair from her legs and arms.

And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa
Head: Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez Ibn Abdullaah Ibn Baaz;
Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq 'Afeefee;
Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Ghudayyaan
Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa., - Volume 5, Page 195, Question 8 of Fatwa No.10896;
Fataawa wa Ahkaam fee Sha'r an-Nisaa - Question 40, Page 43

www.fatwa-online.com
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, November 11, 2004  -  10:40 PM Reply with quote
sister Jawaryah
ur ideas r a bit 2 xtreme
and no way did the Prophet (saw) ever curse ne1 for such a thing
we r alowed 2 luk clean and pure
but for eyebrows dont over do it cuz if u shave it all/most off n pencil it in then its more lyk showin off n kinda 2 over the top attention seeking if u get it
but cleansing of unwanted hair is a hundred per cent allowed
its jst lyk trimin trees or bushes in ur garden!
besides islam incourages cleanliness
u cnt xpect us all 2 luk lyk men/hairy baboons
!

p.s comin bak 2 the topic nw
i do mehndi classes for ppl hu wana learn n i also do mehndi for special occasions
ALTHOUGH plz note im no qualified professional
BUT ppl do say im gud! :P alhamdullillah
so inshallah, if u r interested
plz contact me at arubsaqib@hotmail.com or tweety135@aol.com and i will reply with further details
ALSO note that my fee is at a reasonal rate and goes 2 charity inc. studying islam
take care AND PLZ DNT HESITATE TO CONTACT!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 12, 2004  -  11:29 AM Reply with quote
Dear Arub
I hope this site will be helpful for you. Plz try:
http://puja.com/mehndi/
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 1, 2004  -  9:01 PM Reply with quote
Perhaps, the following will be of interest to participants.

Wasalaam.

Saadia

A Misconception about Women in Islam: Prohibition of Plucking Facial Hairs (by Shehzad Saleem)

On the basis of the following Hadith, it is believed that women are not allowed to pluck their facial hairs:

حدثنا محمد بن يوسف حدثنا سفيان عن منصور عن إبراهيم عن علقمة عن عبد الله قال لعن الله الواشمات والموتشمات والمتنمصات والمتفلجات للحسن المغيرات خلق الله فبلغ ذلك امرأة من بني أسد يقال لها أم يعقوب فجاءت فقالت إنه بلغني أنك لعنت كيت وكيت فقال ومالي لا ألعن من لعن رسول الله ومن هو في كتاب الله فقالت لقد قرأت ما بين اللوحين فما وجدت فيه ما تقول قال لئن كنت قرأتيه لقد وجدتيه أما قرأت ] وما آتاكم الرسول فخذوه وما نهاكم عنه فانتهوا [ قالت بلى قال فإنه قد نهى عنه قالت فإني أرى أهلك يفعلونه قال فاذهبي فانظري فذهبت فنظرت فلم تر من حاجتها شيئا فقال لو كانت كذلك ما جامعتنا
‘Abdullah Ibn Mas‘ud has reported: ‘Allah curses those ladies who practice tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those ladies who remove the hair from their eyebrows and faces and those who make artificial spaces between their teeth in order to look more beautiful whereby they change Allah’s creation’. His saying reached a lady from Bani Asad called Ummi Ya‘qub who came [to ‘Abdullah] and said: ‘I have come to know that you have cursed such-and-such (ladies)?’ He replied: ‘Why should I not curse these whom Allah’s Apostle has cursed and who are [cursed] in Allah’s Book!’ Ummi Ya‘qub said: ‘I have read the whole Qur’an, but I did not find in it what you say’. He said: ‘Verily, if you have read it [i.e. the Qur’an], you have found it. Didn’t you read: And whatsoever the Apostle gives you take it and whatsoever he forbids you, you abstain (from it), (59:7)’. She replied: ‘Yes, I did’. He said: ‘Verily, Allah’s Apostle forbade such things’. She said: ‘But I see your wife doing these things?’ He said: ‘Go and watch her’. She went and watched her but could not see anything in support of her statement. On that he said: ‘If my wife was as you thought, I would not keep her in my company’. (Bukhari, No: 4604)

One must always keep in consideration two fundamental principles while studying and interpreting Ahadith:
Firstly, to determine, as far as possible, the context and the background, all Ahadith on a particular subject should be collected and then analyzed as to ascertain the overall picture which emerges.
Secondly, they must be related to the Qur’an and Sunnah. This means that they must have a base in these two primary sources of Islam. They cannot and must not be taken independently.
Applying these principles to the above quoted Hadith shows that there were a number of practices (only some of which have been mentioned in this Hadith) which the Arab ladies used to undertake which entirely changed their natural physical appearance and some of which actually gave a false impression of their outward looks.
Almost all the major books of Hadith mention the various texts in which these practices have been narrated. The initial part of the Hadith mentioned above ‘... whereby change Allah’s creation’ itself suggests the relationship of this Hadith with the Qur’an:. Verse 31 of Surah Rum, reads thus:

Follow the nature upon which Allah has created mankind. It is not proper to change this nature. (31:31)

It is in accordance with this principle mentioned in the Qur’an that the Prophet (sws) forbade a number of such practices. In other words, the nature – physical as well as spiritual – of a human being must be preserved in the shape Allah has created. Consequently, anything which may become a means of changing or modifying this nature is undesirable. However, a fine distinction exists between beautification to quench one’s aesthetic sense and alteration, the former being a permissible thing.
These Ahadith also mention a practice called ‘Tannamus’ which means removing the hair which extends on to the forehead in a particular style. This again was forbidden by the Prophet (sws). The Hadith you have mentioned contains this word; however it has been erroneously translated as ‘to remove hair from the face’.
In the light of this analysis, it is evident that removing hair from the face is something which the Prophet (sws) never did forbid.
saadiamalik

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 2, 2004  -  8:38 AM Reply with quote
Does the above appeal to you? Why or why not?

Wasalaam.
Irsalfwalsh

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 11, 2004  -  12:11 AM Reply with quote
REFERENCE: Does the above appeal to you? Why or why not? (Saadia Malik, December 02, 2004)

A married woman can easily answer this question when the husband would hesitate or afraid of entering the home to see a fearful women or a hairy baboons. Every husband regardless of he himself is, wants to look her wife, a HOOR or a DOLL whom he considers his everything and forgets all the grieves of his life. Can you imagine some husbands even weep to miss their wives, if separated even for some days due to some work outside the city or country but on the other hand they are happy to get rid of the hairy baboons.

As Shhzad Saleem told at some other occasion perhaps “Woman travelling alone to Macca & Madina” that there are multiple Ahadith, which support changing the orders according to the situation, so a woman especially married can do every thing for enhancing her beauty otherwise time of arrival of the husband at home at night will answer the question in a very beautiful way, he will enter the home like thieves, open the fridge, have some thing and sleep in the corridor and next day morning will find a real hairy baboons and then will go to the work without breakfast. Now the cycle is complete and it is same in the case for an unmarried girl who is going to be engaged and people are coming to see her. My question is that whether they will accept the hairy baboons or not.
There is also a hadith “Make your faces beautiful regardless of the gender”

In general, married women can practice all the beauty tips and all those girls who are going to be engaged and people are coming to see her, as this is not dishonesty. A married woman can even dance with her husband.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, April 22, 2006  -  6:38 PM Reply with quote
Regarding beatification in general, “IF YOU FEEL GOOD, LOOK GOOD"
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 11, 2006  -  10:29 AM Reply with quote
aslamalaykam
i have a question regarding eyebrows also, everywhere i read it says women are not permitted to pluck eyebrows my question is i use to do my eyebroes for years but since i hvae started practicing for the last few years i dont truly know what to do my eyebrows look horrible over grown and shabby because of prior plucking it really makes my eyes look horrible enough for my husband to make comment on in this situation what is a woman to do dont want to pluck in fear of upsetting Allah SWT but at the same time dont like the look. can anyone help
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, May 22, 2006  -  12:15 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum
dear sister sahira,
may Allah reward you for not wanting to upset him, dear sister please think of it in this way you should not have plucked your eyebrows in the first place number 1 also i am sure your husband would rather have a pious wife who obeys the commands of allah than a wife who disobeys allahs commands and sunnah number 2 think of all the rewards inshallah allah will give you for feeling bad about what you have done for his sake eg no longer plucking your brows, not for the fact that you now after commiting the sin dont like the effect and want to commit this sin again. sorry got a little mixed up hope this post makes sense.
Aamna

KUWAIT
Posted - Wednesday, May 24, 2006  -  7:32 PM Reply with quote
Assalamoalikum sisters,
Please tell me any mask which i can make it on and apply on my face....bcoz my face colour is dark.plz help me sisters...
Jazakumullahu khairan....
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 25, 2006  -  3:37 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum
dear sister Aamna i beleive it is not correct to use creams designed to lighten the complexsion as this is seen as to be altering what allah has blessed you with, we should be grateful and pleased with the features and assets allah has blessed us with not try to change them, can anyone confirm or deny this

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 1 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker