Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Malix

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, July 9, 2004  -  2:52 PM Reply with quote
The First Revelation

The Quran is the Revealed Book of the Muslims. It is the word of Allah, set down as it was told to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) by the Archangel Jibr’il. This is the story of the first time the Prophet heard the words of Allah.

Muhammad (SAW) grew up in Makkah, where he married Khadija (RA), a wealthy widow.

At the time, the people of Makkah worshipped idols, but Muhammad (SAW) was different. He only believed in Allah.

He often used to leave the bustling city streets to go away to a cave where he could pray in peace.

The cave was in Mount Hira, just outside the city, it was the Prophet’s (SAW) custom to spend the month of Ramadan there, praying and fasting.

It was during this month, when the Prophet (SAW) was forty years old, that the Archangel Jibr’il (AS) appeared to him in the cave, and commanded: ‘Read!’

‘I cannot read!’ stammered the Prophet (SAW), for like many people at that time, he could neither read nor write.

Then the Angel embraced the Prophet (SAW), holding him so tightly that he thought he would faint. Just when he thought he could bear it no longer, the Angel released him, and commanded him again: ‘Read!’
I cannot read,’ the Prophet (SAW) repeated.

A second time, the Angel embraced the Prophet and commanded him to read – but the reply was the same.

Then after a third time embrace, the Angel said:

Read!In the name of your Lord,Who creates,
Creates man from a drop of blood.
Read:and your Lord is The Most Generous:
Who teaches by the pen,
Teaches man that which he did not know.’

Muhammad (SAW) repeated these words, and knew that he would never forget them. But he was very much afraid, and as soon as he thought he was alone again, he ran from the cave and rushed towards the city.

As he ran, he heard the voice once more:

Oh, Muhammad (SAW), you are the Messenger of Allah, and I and Jibr’il.’

He stood still, and looked up. The Archangel stood on the horizon before him, so huge that his figure filled the sky. And whichever way Muhammad (SAW) turned, the Angel towered before him.

By the time Muhammad had reached his home and his wife, he was shaking with fear. She wrapped him in a blanket, and he told her what had happened.

Khadija knew the story was important – but she did not know what it meant. So she sought out her cousin Waraqa, who was a wise and learned Christian.

‘It is the same message that Allah sent to Musa, Waraqa told her.[/It means that Muhammad (SAW) is the Prophet of our people. Tell him to be of good cheer.’
But later, he met the Prophet (SAW) at the Ka’bah, and he gave him this warning:

No man has ever bought the message you bring without being opposed. They will call you a liar, and they will cast you out and fight against you. Truly, if I live to see that day, I will help you all I can.’
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 10, 2004  -  6:00 PM Reply with quote
loadsa thnx wikd info

Edited by: xxbasxx on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 2:51 AM
Malix

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 10, 2004  -  8:54 PM Reply with quote
SALAM
i m so glad dat u r back
i ope everyfink is goin well
tc
SALAM
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, July 15, 2004  -  5:49 PM Reply with quote
:D everything going very well
3 weddings lined up this summer ya'll
!!!
well thats wut u get 4 bein asian... al these people getin maried... :P
XxluvxX
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 16, 2004  -  8:20 AM Reply with quote
quote:

loads a thnx 4 such a useful information
plz keep postin

Dear Kids
Salam to u All

Its nice to c ur forum goin v well.

Its for ur information that there is a 2nd opinion about the Ist Revelation of Holy Qur'aan. It says that 1st surah; "Faatihah" is also the 1st Revelation. For details PLZ c the Module 2 of the Course " Revelation of Quran".

Carry on dears. God bless u all. Amin
I'm always available 4 ur help

ur Uncle

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker