Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Dino31

USA
Topic initiated on Friday, July 9, 2004  -  7:50 PM Reply with quote
Courses

As-Salamu `alaykum,

Would anyone know if the structure and course study given on this site is alike to an Islamic School? I have never studied at an Islamic School so I was wondering about this. I think I read that this online-study is in a way affiliated with the Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences so if I attended that school would this course study be somewhat similar? I hope my post is understood and not confusing, thank you to anyone that may be able to answer me.
Siddiq Bukhary

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 13, 2004  -  8:12 AM Reply with quote

The courses offered at this site are self-taught and easy to understand in nature and they contain all basic information on the topic. Advance studies however require exhaustive and comprehensive approach which is often adopted in Islamic schools. Almawrid institute of Islamic sciences does not offer on campus education. Following is the introduction of Almawrid which I hope will clarify the difference, you require.

The objectives of Almawrid are to conduct and facilitate academic work on Islamic sciences and to educate people on its basis through all available means.

The salient features of the strategy employed to achieve these objectives are:

Research and Academics

I. To award Fellowship to established intellectuals, who have demonstrated excellence in scholarship and are accredited with academic work of original and seminal value, and whose personalities and works are widely acclaimed across the board among scholars.

II. To award project based affiliation to scholars considered equal to the project(s) identified by the Institute or proposed by the personnel themselves and approved by the Institute.

III. To provide necessary environment to facilitate the work of Fellows and scholars, which includes maintenance of library and provision of other requisite logistics.

Education and Training

I. To arrange short courses, seminars and workshops on religious subjects.

II. To develop Distance Learning Courses for online education.

III.To help train and induct fresh apprentices, assistants, and scholars for the planned projects.

Communication and Dissemination

I. To publish Islamic Research Journals in Urdu, Arabic and English.

II. To set up websites of the Institute in Urdu, Arabic and English.

III.To publish works of the academic personnel attached with the Institute and produce their lectures etc. in audio/video cassettes and also on compact discs.

IV.To introduce, on an extensive basis, the works of the researchers and scholars associated with the Institute.

V. To focus special efforts on the widespread introduction of the Institute and its objectives.

The foundations of this institute were laid in 1983 by Mr. Javed Ahmed Ghamidi. Under his supervision and with the cooperation of his companions, the institute has been working diligently since then.

Edited by: jhangeer hanif on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 2:34 PM

Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 13, 2004  -  2:37 PM Reply with quote

You may access the website of the Institute:

www.al-mawrid.org ...Please go through the FAQs.

student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 14, 2004  -  6:56 PM Reply with quote
Asalamoalaikum

I want to ask a question that after failing any one of the test conducted by this site, can we retake the test?

I hope my question is clear and i'll appreciate a quick reply

Allah Hafiz

Regards,
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 17, 2004  -  5:33 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Asalamoalaikum
I want to ask a question that after failing any one of the test conducted by this site, can we retake the test?
I hope my question is clear and i'll appreciate a quick reply
Allah Hafiz
Regards,

Wa Alaikum us salam

I'm afraid that One is not allowed to retake the test once failing in it. Retake is allowed Only in case of technical problems.
Regards
Hafiz Ibrahim
member of SI team
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 17, 2004  -  11:43 AM Reply with quote
Asalamoalaikum

Thank you for your reply. Their is one very important thing that i would like to inform you about. Please check the Marking Scheme on this site ,their is one very important mistake.

Regards,
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 19, 2004  -  5:43 AM Reply with quote
w salam brother

plz write in detail about the mistake you've felt in our Marking Scheme.

waiting
Hafiz Ibrahim
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 19, 2004  -  10:10 AM Reply with quote
Asalamoalaikum

Dear Mr. Ibrahim

Following is the detail of your Marking Scheme:

90% and above A+
85 - 98 % A

80 - 84 % B+
75 - 79 % B
70 - 74 % C+
65 - 69 % C
50 - 64 % D+
55 - 59 % D
50 - 54 % E+
Below 50% (Fail) E

In this Marking Scheme I have
highlighted the first two lines in Italics and underlined them.

In the above 1st lines ,you have mentioned that 90% and Above is A+ and in the 2nd line you have mentioned that 85-98% is A, since A+ is always higher then simple A, it cannot be possible that 90% could be A+ and 98% could be simple A since 98% is always higher than 90%.
According to my opinion,it should be that 85-95% is A,and then from 95-100% it should be A+.
I have seen the same thing in the remaining part of your Marking Scheme.
Also please see the "55-59% D" and the upper line where it says "50-64% D+".
It should be "55-59% D" and from "60-64% D+".
I hope it is clear,if my post is not clear then do let me know.
I'll appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

Edited by: student1 on Monday, July 19, 2004 10:22 AM

Edited by: student1 on Monday, July 19, 2004 10:44 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 19, 2004  -  10:59 AM Reply with quote
Brother

Thanks a Lot for mentioning the mistake. V soon you'll SEE it "corrected "

Jazak a Allah
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 19, 2004  -  1:24 PM Reply with quote
Brother
Asalamoalaikum

Thank you for your cooperation, i think you have understood the mistake and iam sure that you will soon correct it.

Regards,
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 20, 2004  -  6:44 AM Reply with quote
w salam brother
Yeh, we've taken it & correction is on its way
Thanks Again

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker