Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
ummjuwayriyah

USA
Topic initiated on Sunday, July 11, 2004  -  3:05 PM Reply with quote
Islam is Complete and Requires Only Submission

Islam is Complete and Requires Only Submission
May Allah have mercy upon you! Know that a servant's Islaam is not complete until he follows, attests to and submits to (the truth). So anyone who claims that there remains anything from Islaam not sufficiently explained by the Companions of Allaah's Messenger, has falsely accused them, has split from them and spoken ill of them. He is an innovator, astray and leading others astray, introducing into Islaam that which is not from it.[1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES
1. Ibn Mas'ood, radiallaahu 'anhu, described the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (saws) saying, "Allaah looked into the hearts of the servants and found the heart of Muhammad (saws) to be the best of hearts, so He chose him for Himself and sent with him His Revelation, then He looked into the hearts of the servants after the heart of Muhammad (saws) and found the hearts of his Companions to be the best of the hearts of the servants, so He made them the helpers of His Prophet, fighting for His Religion. So that which the Muslims hold to be good is good with Allaah and that which they hold to be bad is bad with Allaah." Reported in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad(1/379) and declared hasan by Shaikh al-Albaanee in ad-Da'eefah(2/17).
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 13, 2004  -  8:00 AM Reply with quote
then He looked into the hearts of the servants after the heart of Muhammad (saws) and found the hearts of his Companions to be the best of the hearts of the servants, so He made them the helpers of His Prophet, fighting for His Religion.
So the Companions of the Prophet (sws) are not to be considered worthy of our respect and God's blessings because of their true faith in God and His Messenger and their service to Islam but because of the preordained superiority over all human race except for the Prophet Muhammad (sws). How was Ibn e Masood (rta) able to establish the superiority of the Companions (rta) over other Messengers of God? I do not believe that he had not studies the Qur'an so that he could say such remarks. Therefore this statement needs to be explained.
locust

CANADA
Posted - Tuesday, July 13, 2004  -  9:32 AM Reply with quote
"Islam is Complete and Requires Only Submission
May Allah have mercy upon you! Know that a servant's Islaam is not complete until he follows, attests to and submits to (the truth). So anyone who claims that there remains anything from Islaam not sufficiently explained by the Companions of Allaah's Messenger, has falsely accused them, has split from them and spoken ill of them. He is an innovator, astray and leading others astray, introducing into Islaam that which is not from it.[1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES
1. Ibn Mas'ood, radiallaahu 'anhu, described the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (saws) saying, "Allaah looked into the hearts of the servants and found the heart of Muhammad (saws) to be the best of hearts, so He chose him for Himself and sent with him His Revelation, then He looked into the hearts of the servants after the heart of Muhammad (saws) and found the hearts of his Companions to be the best of the hearts of the servants, so He made them the helpers of His Prophet, fighting for His Religion. So that which the Muslims hold to be good is good with Allaah and that which they hold to be bad is bad with Allaah." Reported in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad(1/379) and declared hasan by Shaikh al-Albaanee in ad-Da'eefah(2/17)."

Assalamu Alaykum dear sister

You understand ofcourse that the religion as understood and explained by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abd' AL Wahhab (who in turn relied upon the works of the great Hanbali scholar Ibn Tayimayah) is not the only understanding and explanation of Islam right?

Are you aware that there is a range of legitimate juristic opinion that differs with these great scholars?

Your posts seem to have this quality of exclusivity. As though all the questions one might have about Islam have been answered completley by Shaykhs Bin Baz and Albani.

I hope you understand sister that it is not my intent to be antagonistic towards you or the opinions you have expressed. I only hope that you study the works available to you on this site with an open mind, and supplement this study with a reading of Islamic history,including but not limited to; the development of the various schools of thought, the legal framework made popular by Imam Al' Shafi(ra), mainstream theology as developed by 'Ashari(ra) and Maturdi(ra), Philosophy as understood and ultimatley rejected by Al ghazali(ra), Ibn Tayimayah(ra) and his reaction to the kalaam of his era. I offer these suggestions in no particular order, I'm just asking you to cover as musch ground as possible in your study of Islamic history.

Peace sister

Edited by: locust on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:34 AM

Edited by: locust on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:37 AM
ayesha

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 14, 2004  -  2:21 PM Reply with quote
So anyone who claims that there remains anything from Islaam not sufficiently explained by the Companions of Allaah's Messenger, has falsely accused them, has split from them and spoken ill of them. He is an innovator, astray and leading others astray, introducing into Islaam that which is not from it.

How would you define 'ijtihad' then??

The concept of 'ijtihad' in Islam negates the very concept of everything being explained sufficiently by the Companions. Even the Companions differed from one another in opinions on certain issues.

Edited by: ayesha on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 2:22 PM
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 14, 2004  -  4:44 PM Reply with quote

Notwithstanding the fact that some questions may be raised what Ms. Juwayriya has written, I vehmently assert that the Companions has FULLY explained, practiced and transmitted what lies within the corpus of Deen.

Ijtihaad is not done within the corpus of Deen. It is done outside Deen. Hence, your quesion does not seem not be a logical ground for refuting what you intend. I hope you do not mind. If however you would like me to, I would definitely explain my point about Ijtihaad further.

locust

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, July 15, 2004  -  4:31 AM Reply with quote
Asalaamu Alaykum

Mr. Hanif, do you mean to say that the Companions have fully transmitted to us what lies within the corpus of Deen through the channel of Sunnah?

The only problem I have with the original post by sister ummjuwayriyah is that traditions such as the one above are often used to justify any ahad hadith that a Companion related.

Thoughts?

Peace
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 20, 2004  -  4:43 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu alaykum

The Companions (rta) have transferred to us with their mutual Ijmaa' (consensus) both the Sunnah and the Holy Qur'an. Furthermore, the Deen lying withing these have been transmitted to us through Tawaatur (Qauli and Amali). Thus there are two qualitative aspects attached with the mode of transfer of our religion, namely Ijmaa' and Tawaatur, the second being the specific charateristic of Islam, which has reinforced its authenticity that was originally dependent on Ijmaa'.

Therefore, 'research' is undertaken within the 'corpus' of religion while 'Ijtihaad' is done outside it since the former is predefined by the Lord and whatever lies beyond it is to be decided by men of knowledge and faith.

You understand me?

locust

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, July 21, 2004  -  11:40 PM Reply with quote
Wa Alaykum Salaam

Thank you for the clarification!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker