Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Tariq Hashmi

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, September 11, 2004  -  5:58 AM Reply with quote
Tajweed

salams

I need help from the experts on the following two queries regarding the discipline, Tajweed al Qur'an:

1. I would like to ask about the form of study that teaches the reading of Al-Quraan? This form of knowledge is being taught and called the 'Ilm Tajweed. So what do you think about this knowledge that teaches the form of pronounciation for all the alphabets in the Holy Al-Quraanul Kariim and its elongated sound for the aleef or such. Were these knowledge taught by the prophet Muhammad saw from his living days? Or was it only initiated by the huffaz or different qurraas?

Thank you. Wassalaam.
May Allah Bless All Muslims

2. Should we always follow the tajweed to read the Quran, or can we read it by prononciation, I mean correct pronunciation.

Edited by: tariq hashmi on Sunday, September 12, 2004 8:25 PM

aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2004  -  3:57 PM Reply with quote
Salams,
Sahabah did not need tajweed because they were ahl-e-zaban?!
I think we should not fuss much over the tajweed of the Quran because i have observed that it distracts one,s attention from the real message of the Quran!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 16, 2004  -  5:59 AM Reply with quote
Br. Aslam, I agree that "we should not fuss much over the tajweed " BUT I do NOT agree with your Observation because mine are QUITE opposite to yours. In fact, reading Qur'an with TAJWEED (Recitation) does leaves sound effects on THOSE as well who do NOT KNOW arabic OR meaning of Qur'an.

Regards
Hafiz Ibrahim
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, September 18, 2004  -  3:39 PM Reply with quote
Salams,
I don,t mean that Tajweed is not important but it should not be given undue attention and that too at the cost of of its message and meaning!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, September 19, 2004  -  10:39 AM Reply with quote
yeah That's right

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker