1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
vlias1

USA
Posted - Friday, October 1, 2004  -  6:07 PM Reply with quote
Looking back over the responses, I guess I should clarify another statement as well.

Nadya, you mentioned my statement of "12) Husbands must see to it that they love their wives and lay down their lives for them."

What this means in practical terms is that the husband is to make sure that the wife is cared for, taken care of, he should treat his wife like Christ treated the Church.

Loving her unconditionally, putting his pride aside for her sake, being understanding of her, purifying her with kind words or even words of rebuke, putting ego, bearing with the wife patiently when needed. All of these things are part of laying down his life for his wife.
nadya

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 6, 2004  -  9:22 AM Reply with quote
Thank you for your explanation V.

Islam also requires the husband to provide a secure environment for the wife financially and other wise, to be her caretaker and treat her well. In fact Prophet Muhammad (sws) is reported to have said that the best among men is he who treats his wife well.
muslim

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, October 7, 2004  -  1:53 AM Reply with quote
aslam o alaikum,
sister v mentioned that--"Being moral does not mean that a person will enter heaven"
what will be the criterion for entering heaven???
peace
vlias1

USA
Posted - Sunday, October 10, 2004  -  3:43 PM Reply with quote
If you are asking for the "criterion" from a Christian perspective, entrance into heaven is based upon faith in God and in what God has done to "justify" mankind, to put it simply.

Entry into heaven is not based upon your deeds or works.

Again, this is from a Christian perspective. In our view, there is not enough that a mere human being can do that is good enough for a good, perfect and completely holy God.

Now, *in* heaven, we get different REWARDS based on our deeds. But that is obviously after we have already believed and had faith.
RENEE

USA
Posted - Monday, October 11, 2004  -  12:25 AM Reply with quote
WITH THE NAME OF ALLAH
ALSALAM ALKUM
PEACE BE UNTO ALL, even jesus (p.b.u.h) greeted his desciples with this greeting. john 20:26.
what i think; "V" doesn't want to say what christain's believe about salvation cause she doesn't want to offend anyone. thou christain's teach and believe in a moral life, and they believe in doing good works and deeds. however, living a moral life, doing good works and having good deeds, isn't enough to have, to get you into heaven or paradise. a christain's salvation depends solely, upon excepting jesus(p.b.u.h) as your lord and saviour. this means: that g-d sent his only begotten son jesus(p.b.u.h) to die on the cross for mans sin's and who ever proclaims and testifies, to this has ever-lasting life. any one who doesn't believe this. "DOESN"T MAKE IT TO HEAVEN OR PARADISE." christain salvation isn't based upon what you do be it good or bad, it's based upon one excepting, the blood of christ jesus. the act is called: "getting saved" it's when one relizes he/she is a sinner and upon this realiztion, repents for their sin, by excepting jesus as their lord and saviour. this is the way, the truth, and the everlasting life, and no man cometh unto the Father(G-D)but by jesus. you can't get to heaven any other way. not by abraham, moses,or any of the other prophet's(p.b.u.t) this includes prophet muhammad(p.b.u.h)
this is christain faith. however, those who do go to heaven, then it is their deeds that will determine the goodies that get there. for instant, rather you will live in a mansion or a shack. so, just like here on earth, some people are rich, some people are poor, and some are in-between. so is your rewards in heaven granted based upon what you have earned here on earth. christains hold the ten commandments as the main laws they shall follow, but if you break one of these laws and you are saved. just repent and g-d will forgive you. there is no punishment here on earth 8 of these commandments. the two you can get punshed for, murder, and stealing and that is because they are part of the laws of man. so, what is the easier way of life, being a christain or being a muslim? muslim's know they are accountable for all that they do, be good or bad. a muslim tries hard to not dissapoint their "CREATOR". however, G-D chose not to have a sinner answer for his/her sin, by making an ineccent person who had no sin get murdered for the christain sinners. i'm not ashamed of the gospel(injeel) of jesus christ(p.b.u.h) and that is way i am a muslim today.
"ALL PRAISE IS TO OUR CREATOR", THE MASTER OF MANKIND,AND THE JUDGE OF THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT. AND THE ENTRNAL BLISS OF PARADISE. I LEAVE IN PEACE. AMEEN!!!!
vlias1

USA
Posted - Monday, October 11, 2004  -  12:33 PM Reply with quote
Hi Renee,

You're not exactly accurate about me not wanting to offend anyone. But, yes, I am cautious with what I say, because I don't want this to become a session of "bash the Christian".

So many times in online discussions between Christians and Muslims, that's what it turns into. All the attention goes to "prove this from the Bible", "let me show you this from the Bible"... all in an attempt to discredit the faith. I have answered these questions time and time again and I don't wish to go through it all again on this board.

Muslims know, in general, what the faith teaches.

I, too, am not ashamed of the Gospel. I believe it IS the power of God unto salvation.

Now, I have a quick question for you, if you don't mind.

I'm curious about your writing style. Most of your text seems to point me to the idea that you're Christaian based on the content. But then, you open with an Islamic greeting and use "pbuh" and "pbut" suggesting you're Musilm. Finally, you use the spelling of G-D as a Jew would.

Why is this?
RENEE

USA
Posted - Monday, October 11, 2004  -  5:25 PM Reply with quote
WITH THE NAME OF ALLAH
PEACE BE UNTO YOU "V",
AS I STATED: "JESUS,(P.B.U.H) GREETED HIS DISCIPLES WITH THIS GREETING, AS WELL. THIS IS THE GREETING OF ALL THE PROPHETS,(P.B.U.T) AND THEY TAUGHT THEIR FOLLOWER'S TO GREET EACH OTHER IN THIS MANNER, AS WELL, AS WHEN THEY LEAVE, ONE SHOULD SAY, WE SEPARATE IN PEACE. MEANING: THERE IS NO ILL, TOWARD EACH OTHER.
i understand that you find it frustrating at times, trying to particapate in a inter-faith dialogue. i've been in that situation many times myself. i understand inter-faith dialogue, should be about trying to learn and understand other faith's that exsist outside of ones own faith. those who decide to take-part, must enter the dissusion with a open-mind, and not an bias-mind, so that, the exchange of beliefs can foster with-in one's thought's, and than, one should ponder on the information that has be communicated. after, serious thought,and research, the information should be transmitted to others. and this leads me to your question. "why is this"? note: you can ask me any question or questions you like. i surpassesd the offensive mold.
i'm a muslim, i reverted to islam, after a long journey. i don't know how much knowledge you have about islam, but i would like you to know; that i believe, islam is the completion of all other faiths. that is way i'm not ashamed of the gospel(injeel) of jesus christ(p.b.u.h). as a muslim, i must believe in it. i also, must believe in the torah, the book that was given to moses,(p.b.u.h) i also, must believe in the book of pslams, that was given to king david(p.b.u.h). i also, must believe in the message of abraham,(p.b.u.h) who was the first to be given the message of islam, i also must believe in the last prophet muhammad(sws) who was given the completion of the message of G-D unto mankind. which is the qur'an, and all the other prophet's (p.b.u.t), that was sent by the "CREATOR" of the heaven's and the earth and all that they contain. for me, this is the only salvation given unto mankind. but me being a muslim doesn't guartee me everlasting life. only my "CREATOR" can decide that for me. i can only do my best to achive it, by following the way of life that pleases my "CREATOR". there is no free ride in islam, all human's are accountable for themselves, and no one can pay the price for another's wrongs. salvation is gained, by the mercy of ones "CREATOR" which in arabic is ALLAH(swt). i hope, that i have explain myself in the way you can understand me. if not, please, tell me and i will do my best to give more insight. i leave in peace.
nadya

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 13, 2004  -  1:14 AM Reply with quote
I think we should respect each other's beliefs no matter if we agree with them or not. In any environment where two or more opposing view points are being discussed be they religious or not, I believe we should do so without being judgmental or condescending and without the "only I am right here" attitude. Only then can be truly listen and communicate and learn and understand. Without the negative attitude we can have healthy discussions of comparative views on any topic.

We should refrain from making remarks about anyone's intentions, for that is an area we cannot even know about. Also we should not comment about the "quality" of any faith or belief or about the quality of the catharsis that the faith offers.

I would appreciate if all this would be kept in mind by members on the discussion boards.

Regards.
vlias1

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 13, 2004  -  12:22 PM Reply with quote
Renee, I'm curious to know what the gospel is to you, now that you are Muslim. I used to think that we were all talking about the same thing (i.e., Christians and Muslims). I realized much later that we're not. I'm not being challenging, so please don't get that impression. I just wonder how it was to believe the gospel is one thing as a Christian, and then believe it was something else as a Muslim.
RENEE

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 13, 2004  -  6:33 PM Reply with quote
WITH THE NAME OF ALLAH
alsalam alkum
peace be unto you, "V"

i would never think that a question, is challenging a person in a personal way. it's from questioning, how one can grow into understanding things and others. i questioned alot of things and people in my life. i've learnt not to take it personal especially, since, one of my passions is inter-faith dialogue. some say; "it's a gift." while other's say; "it's a curse" but either way. i still love it!
now, your ?. i can only speak from my muslim point of view. i can't speak for 'all" muslims. i can only speak according to my own understanding of islam, as well, as any other information. G-D forbid, that i would think that my opinion is the only right opinion. my humble opinion of the gospel of jesus(p.b.u.h) is: i believe in "one gospel" of jesus(p.b.u.h). i believe in every word that jesus spoke(p.b.u.h). however, there are many interpretations of the gospel and what jesus(p.b.u.h) said. now, due to interpretation, i prefer the way of allowing a person to determine their own unerstanding of interpretation of their chosing. i leave the understanding of interpretation to a individuals acceptance of their own interpretation. i only presue to the opionion of a person and not their soul. i chose to be guided by the rule of, "ONE JUDGE" for all of mankind. two words that i conclude; has be spoken from all the prophet's and messergers(p.b.u.t) of G-D-(ALLAH SWT). i achived this insight based upon the folowing information that has be sent forth unto all of mankind.
THE QUR"AN: sura or chapter 2:62 those who believe in the qur'an, and those who follow the jews scriptures, and the christains and the sabians, and who believe in ALLAH swt, and the last day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their LORD: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
the Gospel of Jesus(p.b.u.h) JUDGE not, that you be not judged.
for with what judgement you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.
i except the gospel to be the word of G-D(ALLAH swt) that was given only to his servant Jesus(m.ALLAHswt.b.p.w.h). the difference between a christain and a muslim in my opionion is interpretation of the gospel.
i leave in peace.
RENEE

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 13, 2004  -  6:36 PM Reply with quote
WITH THE NAME OF ALLAH
alsalam alkum
peace be unto you, "V"

i would never think that a question, is challenging a person in a personal way. it's from questioning, how one can grow into understanding things and others. i questioned alot of things and people in my life. i've learnt not to take it personal especially, since, one of my passions is inter-faith dialogue. some say; "it's a gift." while other's say; "it's a curse" but either way. i still love it!
now, your ?. i can only speak from my muslim point of view. i can't speak for 'all" muslims. i can only speak according to my own understanding of islam, as well, as any other information. G-D forbid, that i would think that my opinion is the only right opinion. my humble opinion of the gospel of jesus(p.b.u.h) is: i believe in "one gospel" of jesus(p.b.u.h). i believe in every word that jesus spoke(p.b.u.h). however, there are many interpretations of the gospel and what jesus(p.b.u.h) said. now, due to interpretation, i prefer the way of allowing a person to determine their own unerstanding of interpretation of their chosing. i leave the understanding of interpretation to a individuals acceptance of their own interpretation. i only presue to the opionion of a person and not their soul. i chose to be guided by the rule of, "ONE JUDGE" for all of mankind. two words that i conclude; has be spoken from all the prophet's and messergers(p.b.u.t) of G-D-(ALLAH SWT). i achived this insight based upon the folowing information that has be sent forth unto all of mankind.
THE QUR"AN: sura or chapter 2:62 those who believe in the qur'an, and those who follow the jews scriptures, and the christains and the sabians, and who believe in ALLAH swt, and the last day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their LORD: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
the Gospel of Jesus(p.b.u.h) JUDGE not, that you be not judged.
for with what judgement you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.
i except the gospel to be the word of G-D(ALLAH swt) that was given only to his servant Jesus(m.ALLAHswt.b.p.w.h). the difference between a christain and a muslim in my opionion is interpretation of the gospel.
i leave in peace.
vlias1

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 14, 2004  -  2:36 AM Reply with quote
[QUOTE]i except the gospel to be the word of G-D(ALLAH swt) that was given only to his servant Jesus(m.ALLAHswt.b.p.w.h). [/QUOTE]

I guess the above is what I'm talking about. That is what Muslims believe the Gospel to be. I accept that you believe this now. How, though, did you change your mind about what the Gospel is? Do you know what I mean?

If you were a Christian before, then you had to believe one thing about what the Gospel is/was. As a Muslim, you had to change your thinking? What convinced you that your understanding of it needed to change?

I hope my question is clear.
RENEE

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 14, 2004  -  5:37 PM Reply with quote
WITH THE NAME OF ALLAH
ALSALAM ALKUM
PEACE BE UPON YOU, "V"

it wasn't that i changed my mind. it was what i didn't know. my journey began due to christain denominations. i began seeking a path, that i term as: "denominations doctrine". and that path lead me to a road, i term as:"church doctrine". which i found to be confusing, based upon the fact that, some churches of the same denomination, held different church doctrine. now, this discover, lead me to the bible. then, i really became confussed, because i dicovered, there is, more than one bible. after, trying to find which bible was the truth. i found myself at the end of that path, just believing in a G-D. but, i didn't know how or what to believe about this G-D. so, the how and what questions, lead me to the path of searching, other religions. and that path lead me to islam. why islam? it gave me all the answers to my questions, and brought me a "peace of mind, body and soul. my doubts were eliminated. it fitted me, as thou, it was custom made to fit me, perfectly. there was one issue that i found all people agreed upon, and that was; "all humans are going to die". this fact was amazing to me. that we all agree about death. one issue that denial or interpration has no control over.

i would like to explain to you, what i believe is the gospel of jesus(p.b.u.h). i accept that fact that the gospel of jesus(p.b.u.h) as a book, doesn't exsist in its completed form as a book. but i do believe that,only fragments of the gospel remains. now due to the studies i've done. these fragments don't despute the islamic teachings of jesus(p.b.u.h). the dispute is amoung, the interpration of the gospel according to other's, outside the realm of islam. for instance: paul's interprations of the gospel, became the only acceptable truth of the gospel, and any other interpration, is a lie, and is of the devil. this leaves "no room" to question paul's claims. this view, in my opinion, disputes the words of christ(p.b.u.h), when he said; "beware of the doctrine of me". i take this to mean: question, what is being said by man. i will conclude here, cause i could go on forever. i pray that i have explained my views, that you my understand them.

i would like to ask you a question. what is it, that has drawn you to searching islam? i leave in peace.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 8, 2005  -  11:16 AM Reply with quote
as there was some discussion about modestey in this section earlier, i was wondering in which faith the following news would fit in with modesty in one or another way.

Same Sex Marriages

Same-sex couples can for the first time tell register offices that they want a civil partnership.

The first ceremonies are expected to take place on December 21.

Retailers are gearing up for the first civil partnerships with new "gay marriage" products.

ASDA's range of "Mr and Mr" and "Mrs and Mrs" cards will hit stores this week to coincide with the unions.

Sets of "Darling, Dearest, Queerest" embroidered towel and soaps went on sale at Superdrug on Friday.

for more...

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/lifestyle/article.adp?id=20051205021309990002&n=rotator&p=Gold&c=welcome_screen
nadya

USA
Posted - Thursday, December 8, 2005  -  7:07 PM Reply with quote
I would say that this is relevant news for people of all faiths.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 20, 2005  -  11:01 AM Reply with quote
and i was wondering as these marriages initiate in the uk tomorrow, whether the ones who did not convey the right message on this occasion will be counted as the ones who did not resist the wrong.
whereas we have seen in the news that when the first ceremony took place in ireland on sunday, there were a few local irish people protesting.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker