Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
saqib

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, October 9, 2004  -  11:31 AM Reply with quote
Death of children

Assalam-o-Alaikum

My understanding of the death of innocent children is unclear. I would be grateful for any help.

(1) My understanding is that children who die while still innocent are given a place in heaven by Allah. This applies to all innocent children. If I am correct this assertion is based on a Hadith.
(2) Allah is never unfair to anyone.
(3) When Allah destroys a nation for its wrongdoings, the children of that nation get a place in heaven.
(4) Are these children better off this way rather than having to undergo the trials of life?
(5) These children cannot be worse of since Allah will never be unfair to them.
(6) Does this then mean that if I were to kill an innocent child I would be doing that child a favor? No doubt I will suffer grievously in hell but what if we look at it from the child’s point of view?
Roswell

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, October 9, 2004  -  4:03 PM Reply with quote
Salaam saqib,
I think the future of innocent children in hereafter depend on their fate as only Allah knows so.Like what Khizar(as) did to those children.

"(1) My understanding is that children who die while still innocent are given a place in heaven by Allah. This applies to all innocent children. If I am correct this assertion is based on a Hadith."

I'm not sure about that Hadith's authenticity and as far as my limited knowledge is concerned,perhaps that was for specific "child".Correct me if I'm wrong.Now,firstly,probably Prophet(pbuh) knew the fortune of "that" child as he often decalred about different people wether they get the heaven or hell as he had live communication with Allah.Secondly,thats more like a condolence and to let the parents of "that" child calm down(in view of first point I mentioned).

"(2) Allah is never unfair to anyone."

Absolutely true.

"(3) When Allah destroys a nation for its wrongdoings, the children of that nation get a place in heaven."

Again, my thinking would be the same i.e. depends on their fate.

"(4) Are these children better off this way rather than having to undergo the trials of life?"

That too, that will be the positive and the most satisfactory approach when a kid dies.
The answer of the rest of your questions can be viewed in the light of above.

This is my humble opinion, I always expect any chance of error.

Regards,
saqib

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 10, 2004  -  12:59 PM Reply with quote
Assalam-o-Alaikum Roswell,

Thank you for your comments and views. A few questions:

quote:

I think the future of innocent children in hereafter depend on their fate as only Allah knows so.Like what Khizar(as) did to those children.

What I understand of your point of view is that children may be punished in hell even if they die sin free? You as basing this assertion on the fact that since Allah knows the future and knows what a particular child would have done as a grown up, he punishes or rewards the child's soul appopriately. Is my logic correct?
Roswell

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 11, 2004  -  3:22 PM Reply with quote
AssalamoAlekum,

Posted by saqib
What I understand of your point of view is that children may be punished in hell even if they die sin free? You as basing this assertion on the fact that since Allah knows the future and knows what a particular child would have done as a grown up, he punishes or rewards the child's soul appopriately. Is my logic correct?

Yeah, that is my humble opinion.However,this is not my assertion but as Allah is never unfair to anyone,that makes me think so, like what Khizar did to those innocent children,apart the innocence of children!
As you might know we are not supposed to talk about fate due to our limited knowlege.
and I also believe that this is needless to discuss those things which are beyond the scope of our mind.

Regards,
Farhan

kwabean

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 5, 2006  -  12:43 PM Reply with quote
an innocent child is one thats under 7 years old?
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, November 12, 2006  -  9:37 AM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - an innocent child is one thats under 7 years old?

Is it religious, medical, judicial or some else definition of an innocent child?
kwabean

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 12, 2006  -  11:37 AM Reply with quote
religous - but i'm not 100%
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, November 12, 2006  -  2:02 PM Reply with quote
I think it is completely ridiculous to believe that a child, if dies early, might get punished in hell because of what he/she might have done if he had a full life!

I can't believe you people actually think like that. That is completely against the principles in the Quran.

Quran lays down clearly that every soul will be asked about what they used to do. The child when dead, will be asked the same question. But the child did not get a chance to do anything, he will have nothing to account for. How can a child go to hell? You people are, ... may God give us Aql!!!!
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 12, 2006  -  3:08 PM Reply with quote
i agree with oosman but i cant be so harsh fellow forumers, i dont think the children would get punished for their sins they would have committed had they lived. that does not make sense at all innocent children will be treated as just that innocent.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker