Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
MuhammadRehan

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, October 16, 2004  -  11:44 AM Topic is locked
Ramadan kay Misail aur Fazail

Assalam o alikum wr wbrkt

Here is a web site www.ramdan.20m.com
in Urdu LAnguage I think by this web site we can learn basic important thing related to RAmadan in our own Urdu Language.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 9, 2008  -  7:00 AM 
Question:

Some Muslim scholars criticize Muslims who observes fasting, but do not maintain the prescribed daily prayers. What is the relationship between fasting and prayer?

I want to fast to be entitled to the reward of the fasting people. I know that: "Fasting Ramadaan, then fasting next Ramadaan will abrogate all sins committed in between." Would you explain?

Answer by Shaikh Mohammed bin Saalih al-Uthaimeen:

Those who criticize you for fasting and not maintaining the daily-prescribed prayers are right.

Prayer is a main pillar of Islam. The person who purposefully neglects the daily-prescribed prayers is declared a non-Muslim, denying the right of His Lord, Allah the Almighty. This person will not be entitled to the reward of fasting, charity, pilgrimage or anything else.

This is based on the verse of the Holy Qur’aan:

"And nothing prevents their contributions from being accepted from them except that they disbelieved in Allah and in His Messenger (Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam); and that they came not to as-Salaat (the prayer) except in a lazy sate, and that they offer not contributions but unwillingly." (9:54)

Thus, if one fasts, but does not maintain the prescribed daily prayers, he will render his fasting null. Such a person will not benefit from fasting.

As for the misconception you have, concerning that fasting (alone) will abrogate the sins committed between two Ramadaans, you should understand that the true meaning of this Hadith, of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

The statement reported by Muslim is as follows:

"Maintaining the five daily prescribed prayers, maintaining the prayer of Friday, to the second Friday prayer, and fasting the month of Ramadaan, to the next month of Ramadaan will abrogate the sins committed in between so long as one avoids any and all major sins."

We notice that Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) preconditioned that one must avoid all major sins in order to be entitled to have his sins abrogated and wiped out between the two months of Ramadaan. As for the person who fasts but does not maintain the five daily prayers, he is not actually avoiding the major sins.

Purposeful negligence of the daily-prescribed prayers is one of the most major sins. In fact, neglecting the prayer in itself is an act of disbelief, namely it is a denial of the existence of Allah, the Almighty.

Thus, fasting will not be accepted from such a person. One must repent to Allah; establish what is required to do in terms of the five daily-prescribed prayers first, then observe fasting.

Thus, when Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) sent Mo'adh (radhi allahu anhu), his Companion to Yemen, he told him, as reported by Bukhare:

"Let the first thing you invite people to practise: to testify that there is no true deity worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and that Mohammed (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) is His slave and Messenger. If they respond affirmatively to your call, then inform them that Allah, the Almighty prescribed for them five daily prayers .. . ."

We notice that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) began with the prayers right after the declaration of faith.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, September 11, 2008  -  2:02 AM 
Good Reminder from Hadith

Kaab Ibn Ujrah (RA) relates that Rasulullah (SAW) said Come near to the mimbar and we came near the mimbar. When He (SAW) climbed the first step of the mimbar, He (SAW) said "Aameen", When He (SAW) ascended the second step, He (SAW) said "Aameen", When He (SAW) climbed the third step, He (SAW) said "Aameen" When He (SAW) came down, We said "O Rasool of Allah (SAW), we have heard from you today something which we never heard before" He (SAW) said When I climbed the first step, the angel Jibraeel (A.S.) appeared before me and said

"Destruction to him who found the blessed month of Ramdhan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness"

upon that I said 'Aameen'. When I climbed the second step, he said,

"Destruction to him before whom thy name is taken and then he does not make Dua for Allah's blessing on me (by saying, for example SAW)."

I replied 'Aameen'. When I climbed the third step, he said

"Destruction unto him in whose lifetime his parents or either one of them reaches old age, and (through failure to serve them) he is not allowed to enter Jannah".

I said 'Aameen'. (Hakim, Baihaqi)

Note In this Hadith, it appears that Jibraeel (AS) gave expression to three curses, upon which Rasulullah (SAW) said Aameen every time. In al-Durr al-Mansoor it is reported that Jibraeel (AS) advised Rasulullah (SAW) to say Aameen. Being an angel of such high mark, Jibraeel 's giving these curses is sure to be accepted. May Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) in His infinite mercy grant us His help and save us from these three dangers.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker