Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
fousiab

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, October 21, 2004  -  2:21 PM Reply with quote
purpose of life

AOA
what is the purpose of life.is to get knowledge and explore the world.
or we sent in this world to test what we do.is this world of examination hall.
or knowledge is primary purpose or secondary.
khusro

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 21, 2004  -  2:53 PM Reply with quote
Allah SWT says,

"Wamaa Khalaqtal Jinne wal inse illaa leya'budoon"

hope this answers the question.

wajahat
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 21, 2004  -  11:57 PM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,
Excellent khusro,
Correct answer……Shabash.
Dr. Akhlaq
ibrahimmkc

CHINA
Posted - Monday, October 25, 2004  -  3:54 AM Reply with quote
my prayer,my work,my life and my death are for Allah ,Lord of the world.
msohailkhalid

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 2, 2004  -  2:20 PM Reply with quote
assalam o alaikum
also refer to the following very good article, though not written by a muslim, but u will find it according to the islamic teachings...

http://www.relfe.com/life_purpose.html

sohail
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 3, 2005  -  9:33 PM Reply with quote
GOD SAYS:

· Does man think that he is to be left to wander without an aim? (75: 36)

· And I have not created the jinn and the men except that they should worship Me. (51: 56)

· Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path (3: 51).

· Man! Surely you must strive (to attain) to your Lord, a hard striving until you meet Him (84: 6).

· Every soul shall taste of death, and you shall only be paid fully your reward on the resurrection day; then whoever is removed far away from the fire and is made to enter the garden he indeed has attained the object; and the life of this world is nothing but a provision of vanities (3: 185).

· you who believe! Be careful of (your duty to) Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may be successful (5: 35).

· They who turn (to Allah), who serve (Him), who praise (Him), who fast, who bow down, who prostrate themselves, who enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil, and who keep the limits of Allah; and give good news to the believers (9: 112).

· You who believe! Be careful of (your duty to) Allah and be with the true ones. (9: 119)
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, May 4, 2005  -  10:47 AM Reply with quote
quote:

AOA
what is the purpose of life.is to get knowledge and explore the world.
or we sent in this world to test what we do.is this world of examination hall.
or knowledge is primary purpose or secondary.

Asalam Aalaikum

This world is like an examination hall where people have a temperory life and are tested by Allah(swt) and the result of this test will be granted after the day of judgment in the life hereafter which will be our everlasting
destination.
Their is a hadith of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) which says that this world is like a cultivating land for hereafter.

This perticular verse clearly shows that the world in which we live is a testing place ,and the word cultivating used in this hadith indicates that whatever work we do in this world ,the result of this work will be given in the life hereafter.
So in this temperory life, the most important tool that can help us in our life is knowledge and even Qur'an encourages mankind to gain knowledge.

Purpose of life is not only to get knowledge but also to apply it at the right time and serve the mankind with it. Their are some Ulemas and Muslims who donot give any preference to knowledge since according to their understanding and opinion knowledge is just information ,it is only obedience to Allah(swt) that is important.
They justify their claim, by quoting [B]the incident of Iblees(pbuh) when Allah(swt) ordered him to prostrate infront of Adam(pbuh) but he refused to do that and in return Allah(swt) cursed and punished him.
While quoting this incident,they say that Iblees was the most knowledgable
creature of Allah(swt) and during this incident ,his knowledge could not protect him ,if he would have obeyed Allah(swt),then Allah(swt) wouldnot have punished him. [/B]

This perticular understanding of certain muslims have caused problems for the openminded and progressive Muslim communities.

Knowledge according to my understanding and opinion is a tool which protects a person from deviation and misguidance if it is used in positive way. If the same knowledge is misused ,it will mislead a person.

I believe that if a person understands his purpose of life, then he after making great effort will become successful in his life.

Allah Hafiz

Edited by: student1 on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:58 AM

Edited by: student1 on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:07 AM
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, May 6, 2005  -  12:36 AM Reply with quote
Assalamo Alaikum,

QUOTE: Purpose of life is not only to get knowledge but also to apply it at the right time and serve the mankind with it.

According to me, you are 100% right in your statement regarding the secondary purpose of life, “To get the knowledge and to apply it at the right time and serve the MANKIND with it” but perhaps you have not understood the original question in general - the primary purpose, “Why is MANKIND created?”

Wassalam with the SAYING OF GOD:

O mankind! Surely the promise of Allah is true, therefore let not the life of this world deceive you, and let not the arch deceiver deceive you respecting Allah. Surely the Shaitan is your enemy, so take him for an enemy; he only invites his party that they may be inmates of the burning (35: 5, 6).

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker