Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
arshad

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Tuesday, October 26, 2004  -  12:44 PM Reply with quote
any doc have plab study material

I am a pakistani qualified doctor who is appearing for Plab 1 exam from London,which is only 12 days from now.Is there any doctor in the forum who can give me some final tips and if possibly some SBA ( single best answer ) questions as SBA has been introduced recently bt the GMC and i have no idea what the question format would be .
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, October 28, 2004  -  6:59 AM Reply with quote
assalamu alaykum

Would be nice to write to doctors directly as well as they may not hv browsed the site recently(email addresses on Lend A Hand 1, in this forum)
and if you could inform them about this Link pls where you have posted your query so that they can reply on forum-which shall be beneficial for others as well;

Best wishes
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 20, 2004  -  6:46 PM Reply with quote
Sadly i just saw this now. I know u must have been through with ur plab now and inshaAllah have managed to pass it as well.
But my reply here is for any other person who is looking for plab materials. Please don't hesitate to ask. I have a couple of books here which i keep for further use, but I don't mind lending them to caring people who will know how to make good use of them and promise to return them in the same condition.
arshad

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 21, 2004  -  5:26 PM Reply with quote
Assalam-oa-Alaikum nesrine
Thanks for your help.Yes my plab 1 is over now and i have done well Alhamdolillah.I am now looking for Plab 2 material and some clinical attachment as soon as possible cos after passing plab 2 the job prospects depends very much on my clinical referrals.
Shukria
Arshad
uzmagha

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, November 30, 2004  -  9:24 PM Reply with quote
i am sending the addresses of Fehmida and Plab Trainer.

Dr Fehmida,
194 C, High Street North,
East Ham, London E62 JA,
United Kingdom.
Phone No.02085867738.
www.easyexamltd.com

Plab Trainer,
Dr. Swamy,
202 B High Street North,
East Ham, London E6 2JA,
United Kingdom.

It might help you for plab 2 preparation.
Take Care,
Allah hafiz
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 3, 2004  -  9:36 PM Reply with quote
Am copying an email of a helper to a candidate. I think there is quite a lot of info here insh'
Best wishes to all PLAB candidates:)
May you be successful in the exams of this v. temporary world and the biggest exam of the Hereafter
amen

wassalaam
henna

"Plab 2 preparation exam and mock tests

Further to my earlier email on the subject, details are as follows:

Easy Exam Ltd

I have spoken with Easy Exam Ltd and have got yourself noted done as candidate. They will however register you once they receive cheque for the course fee and it is credited to their account. I have checked payment through debit card over the phone. Unfortunately they have no such facility. Seats in this course are no problem.

Rest assured, it will be done as per your schedule of 22nd November to 30th November 04 courses. However, there seems to be no room for residence right now. They have asked me check it with them again as there may a vacancy later on.

Mr Swamy (Plab trainer)

I have got your name noted here as well. These mock exams are routine and are conducted daily at 2 hours schedule. There appears to be no problem to join these exams.

I have taken their bank details to send them cheque. I have checked payment through debit card over the phone. Unfortunately they have no such facility as well. Rest assured, , it will be done as per your schedule between 1-10th December 04.

My comments:

Course+mock exam

Both easy exam and mr swamy’s set up offer combination course wit mock exam. Your proposed easy exam+ additional mock exam at mr swamy will cost you 200 pounds. You can have same combination course at mr swamy place in 140 pounds (80 for the course and 60 for the 4 mock exams). You may have noted that both places are close to each other. This is up to you to decide and let me know which way you prefer. Please don’t have impression of getting late or missing the train as this appears to be routine here and these private training centres have enough places to accommodate candidates.

Residence:
I have been told that there are enough places to be accommodated in this area. I am checking on this availability and will come back. However I will keep checking with easy exam for the seat availability with them."
arshad

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 3, 2004  -  11:36 PM Reply with quote
Thank you very much Dr Uzma and Dr.Henna khan for your help.
Arshad
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 4, 2004  -  2:14 PM Reply with quote
I wouls also like to thank u both for the gr8 healp and support u offer us here. I may have a long way to go till my plab 2 exam, but this info came in handy, to keep in my diary instead of going through the trouble of again try to find a good place to train.
Jazakum Allah kol kheir.
arshad

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, December 12, 2004  -  11:32 PM Reply with quote
Alhamdolillah , I passed Plab 1 exam.This has been achieved only by the Blessings and Kindness of Allah.I must also thanks to the senior members of studing-islam forum whose encouragement and sincere advises were always on my side.Now my Plab 2 is in March.I would request for any sincere advise on how to go through this exam from the members of medical faculty in Study Islam forum.
Jazaak Allah
Dr.Arshad Khan
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, December 16, 2004  -  4:30 AM Reply with quote
Congrats dear Dr.Arshad
Plz see the details above re: prep. courses available for PLAB 11. Our prayers remain with you
Plz do pass on our Communities project "Connecting Humanity" info. to your colleagues; the Aim being

'Connecting Humanity' aims at connecting together people of various walks
of life to serve their human, professional and social needs. The basic idea
behind its inception is to promote co-operation and sympathy in the progeny of
Adam. The human race is one big family, and as family members, we need to
care for one another. If we are able to humbly contribute in any way, to create
a global community which, irrespective of religion, caste and background, is
able to show compassion and goodwill for one another, we would consider our
job done.'

An independent website for site Connecting Humanity is under construction and we will keep our members informed . However we shall continue this one as well for the members who visit Studying Islam.

wassalaam

Edited by: hkhan on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 12:06 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, April 1, 2005  -  11:42 AM Reply with quote
We are pleased to report that both our members, who took plab 1 and 2 have been successful as they reported via emails.
We wish them best in future and hope that they will be able to guide new drs in this regard.

wassalaam

Edited by: hkhan on Friday, April 01, 2005 11:42 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker